[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /k/ please halp? I'm an Ausfag who's trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: Screenshot_2016-04-30-18-12-15.png (336 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-30-18-12-15.png
336 KB, 1440x2560
Can /k/ please halp?

I'm an Ausfag who's trying to buy a scope from America, but freight forwarding services all shit themselves because they have the (incorrect) perception that Australia is subject to EAR restrictions because they lack the intellectual capacity to actually open the goddamned Commerce Control List and note the lack of checks against Australia's name for Firearms Control and Crime Control, and thus no license is required to export a Export Control Classification Number OA987 scope.

So the deal is this. I have a Primary Arms 4-14 RGrid sitting at an Aus Post freight forwarding warehouse in Florida. Some gun hating Australia Post employee has told me that they consider scopes to be "firearm parts", under the Australian Border Protection Command definition (protip: customs own website doesn't see it that way), so and want me to literally pay them money to dispose of it, or to return to the sender, or to specify an American address to forward it to.

If I can't convince this retard that his heroic blocking of my el cheapo budget scope from China is both legally unfounded and incredibly stupid, can /k/bro help me out by having the item forwarded to them, then mailing me the damned thing?

Please? I'm sure I can do something in return. This entire fiasco has just become literally more retarded than a short bus accident.
>>
I work in a government office here in Aus. Start making phone calls. It really shits people up and gets things moving. It is likely just him saying this and his boss doesn't even know.
>>
File: USAWC-CSP-infographic_bitmap_hq.png (266 KB, 1863x1440) Image search: [Google]
USAWC-CSP-infographic_bitmap_hq.png
266 KB, 1863x1440
:'(

My town is literally overrun with emus. Someone out there must be able to help me.
>>
File: The Greens Meme.jpg (16 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
The Greens Meme.jpg
16 KB, 270x187
tome
3 hours ago

Details

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your response. I certainly understand your concerns and I am happy to clarify the matter for you.

In regards to your enquiry, as per the shipping restrictions listed for the ShopMate service, Weapons and firearms - including antique and collectible firearms and parts, are restricted and may not be shipped to Australia. This includes peripheral items such as scopes, triggers, grips etc. Any part that could conceivably be shipped to construct a firearm is restricted via this service.

For your own peace of mind, more information regarding items restricted for shipping with ShopMate can be view online athttps://shopmate.auspost.com.au/shopping-guide/shipping-restrictions.

At this point you have three options which are -

1. Request that the full package or only the prohibited items be discarded (a $5 fee applies)
2. Request that the US warehouse returns the package to the merchant - for them to do this you will need to provide us with a returns label. This can be obtained from the merchant. (Postage fees will need to be paid by the merchant or yourself)
3. You can request that the item be redirected to an alternate US address (Postage fees will apply)

For options 2 & 3, please also advise the value of the contents of the package and a contact number for the return/alternate address

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Kind regards,

Tom
>>
Tim,

Thanks for passing on that link; I had a look and it doesn't mention scopes anywhere. I completely understand not exporting firearm parts, but a scope isn't a firearm part: you can't assemble a firearm with it. I've never in my life heard of a scope being considered a firearm part, and I've been in the Army for nearly 10 years.

Can you link me to a copy of your internal policy that determines that scopes are firearm parts, or is there someone I can talk to to understand how they reached this conclusion? I'm really perplexed and have never heard anything like it; it's certainly not reflected in our laws or policy.

In Australia scopes are completely uncontrolled (unlike firearm parts). The list of what we consider to be firearm parts in Australia is at https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Impo/Proh/Firearms-and-weapons/firearm-parts-and-accessories. You will note that scopes are neither accessories, nor parts.

In America you need a license to export them to certain countries (like, say, North Korea). Australia isn't one of those countries. The list of what can and can't be exported without a license to what country is at https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/forms-documents/doc_view/14-commerce-country-chart&ved=0ahUKEwiZqaa0ysLMAhUS02MKHXcjCngQFggZMAA&usg=AFQjCNF7LPCmM4_IBr69dRGuPsfsiezD4A&sig2=Cr96pSTS4Yltbdtcz-cuKw. You will note that Australia is exempt licensing for FC or CC reasons.

The description of scopes for export purposes is at: http://www.uptodateregs.com/_eccn/ECCN.asp?ECCN=0A987. It specifies that items under this export control classification number are controlled for FC and CC, which don't apply to Australia.

I'm not trying to be quarrelsome, it just seems like a tremendous misunderstanding.

Regards,

Xxx
>>
Muricans please help to share some of your freedom :|
>>
>>29844350
Missed your post. Good idea.
>>
>>29844379
>I'm not trying to be quarrelsome, it just seems like a tremendous misunderstanding.
Good, but you shouldn't have added this. Puts your argument on the back foot. Also a phone call goes a lot longer than an email.
>>
Just call them up int he angriest, niggeriest tone you can muster and repeat after me:

"AY BITCH WERE MY SHITZ I HERD U AIN'T GON MAIL MY SHITZ AND U WAS GON TAKE MY SHITZ HOME CUZ I BE PO AN CAN'T AFFOWD TO SUCK A NIGGA DICK BUT I SHO AINT PO ENUFF FO A PUBLIC DEFENDA SMAWL CLAYMZ COWT AND I BE CALLIN YO BOSS ERRDAY TELLIN HIM U CULTURALLY MISAPPROPRIATED MY PEOPLE

Whitey will shit his fucking pants and quit trying to nog your scope so he can shitpost on /k/ later about how he stole a janky scope from some abo to put on his mostly plastic AR with no FA and a slide stock rigged from cut up 2X4s and dildos
>>
Try calling customs and get them to approve of the package?
>>
File: 1443739475983.jpg (72 KB, 600x684) Image search: [Google]
1443739475983.jpg
72 KB, 600x684
Why do no /k/ommandos want to help me :(
>>
>>29844724
We have to deal with people not wanting to do their jobs all the time in our quaint little shipping service.

What you do is call them 47 times per second, every time they answer yell at them with threats of legal action then threats to go above said person's head to their boss.

Look, Ausbro, if you intend on one day being incorporated into the Gloriousness that is 'Merica you're gonna have to quit being so beta all the time or you're just gonna stay sidebitch forever. You gotta nut up and show these buttfucks that it is in fact their butt about to be fucked.
>>
>>29844756
Look, I like screaming at people as much as the next greenskin, but you bait hooks with worms, not honey.
>>
>>29844826
This is serious. If you don't have to call the post or fucking shipper 2-3 times a week you don't have much of a life. Shipping here is a god damned joke.
>>
Buy from EuroOptic. They have an office in your shitty prison country.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.