[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you .mils have been separated due to mental health
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1454270104523.gif (2 MB, 239x165) Image search: [Google]
1454270104523.gif
2 MB, 239x165
How many of you .mils have been separated due to mental health issues? I think I'm depressed to the extent I honestly don't want to live. I know I need to go talk with someone but I want to know what how much of a chance I have of getting separated. I'm chair force if that helps. Pic unrelated
>>
>>29843356
Talk to psychologist (not psychiatrist)

Talk to your pastor

Talk to friends

As someone who has some friends who come from fucked up families where everyone wants to self medicate and is depressed, has anxiety, etc. and is on several different meds, getting medicated IMO is not the answer (hence not speaking to a psychiatrist) antidepressants fuck you up, SSRIs and all that shit seems like it does more harm than good

Don't kill self OP

Why do you think you're depressed
>>
OP, talk to the chaplain. Even if you're not religious they'll lend an ear.

Secondly, don't say you're suicidal unless you really are. The chaplain must report that.

If you truly are suicidal then you need to seek help.

I'm here to talk if you want.

I've gone through depression myself, and while I'm not suicidal it crosses my mind pretty often, as bad as that sounds. I don't think I could ever commit suicide
>>
>>29843390
I've been looking into it on my own ( probably not helping) but every actual medical website I've gone to has sounded pretty similar to how I feel. For the past 4 or 5 months I've just felt empty, I barely get any sleep I'll zone out at work ( really bad because of maintenence on large aircraft) Ibe had terrible mood swings the past 2 months some trouble with anger. I have to force myself to eat some weeks then other I just won't stop eating.
>>
>>29843425
This is exactly how I am it's crossed my mind but I know wouldn't do it.
Probably should have said in the op that I've gone to behavioral health help I forgot what it's called I've gone to the Chaplin a couple times and it's helped but it just comes back. I've already talked with the first sergeant and she gave me some places to go besides the Chaplin
>>
>>29843427
Do you exercise

Did someone die recently

Do you have some sort of addiction

What was 4 or 5 months ago that changed things
>>
>>29843463
A couple times a week

No one's died

No addictions

I'm not sure I've just slowly gotten more and more stressed out and worrying about everything.
>>
>>29843505
I'm maintenence, crew chief to be exact if that helps
>>
>>29843425
I know those feels, bro. Been clinically depressed my whole life. I want it to be over, but there is something inherent in my makeup that won't allow me to self harm. I am just waiting to die.
>>
>>29843505
What are you worrying about and why

Credit card debt? Work? Family?

What are things you can eliminate worrying about?
>>
>>29843522
I'm torn i want to get out but there's a small part of me that doesn't want to loose the education opportunity
>>
>>29843541
No debt besides owing finance which in going to pay off next 2 paychecks or so
My family is fine my relationship was a little patchy but it's stable now.
>>
>>29843541
Stress can play into depression, or make it worse. But real depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain. It can't be alleviated or gotten rid of with exercise or any of that bullshit, no offense. Some of the worst depression periods in my life where when I had a great girlfriend, no debt, best shape of my life, etc...
>>
I think it's work stressing me and the knowledge that I'm stuck in it for another 5 years (6 year sucker) I thought I was pretty well adjusted to military life. I'm clean record wise no disciplinary actions etc. I'm just not happy I guess I feel like a rat in a cage I'm loosing interest in almost all of my hobbies shooting included.
>>
>>29843689
On top of the little bit I've mentioned already
>>
Have you been getting in much exercise?

When I get depressed, exercise is the only thing that snaps me out of it reliably. The biggest difficulty is in just going and getting over that mental block that says I can't or I don't want to or some bullshit excuse.
>>
>>29843505
This isn't professional advice, and you should still talk to someone, but seriously try to work out every day, eat more dark greens and fats (I stir fry a big bunch of spinach or kale every day with a big dose of either bacon or coconut oil), and force yourself into friendly social interactions even when you don't feel like it.
>>
>>29843705
See
>>29843463
>>29843505
>>
>>29843627
>it's a chemical imbalance
>can't be effected by things that cause big chemical changes in the brain
Nothing's guaranteed, but some cases of clinical depression ease with something as basic as adding fat to the diet.
>>
>>29843747
I eat pretty balanced
>>
I'm going to set up an appointment with mental health and do what>>29843390
said. Everything about this seems like it would get better with getting out as bad as that sounds.
>>
Thank you anons for being here and entertaining this thread and helping a lost soul with talking it means a lot
>>
>>29843721
>force yourself into friendly social interactions even when you don't feel like it.
Not OP but goddam if I need to do this more but don't because fuck people. Most are dipshits.
>>
>>29843590
>loose the education opportunity

You probably shouldn't kill yourself
>>
File: AVE.jpg (470 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
AVE.jpg
470 KB, 800x800
You know what you must do
>>
I had that problem OP, but im trans tho
:( at least im not getting kicked out for it anymore, i guess
>>
>>29843522
i'm like that too. I feel shitty because I know I'm wasting my life and have already wasted my youth. If this is how life is than I want it to end.
>>
>>29843356
I'm seperating because I had a severe depressive episode over a year ago in about 3 weeks. Currently I'm at a limdu command full of other people with varying degrees of madness.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.