[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LEGION THREAD Has anyone here thought about joining the French
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 15
File: FFLegion.jpg (2 MB, 2820x1850) Image search: [Google]
FFLegion.jpg
2 MB, 2820x1850
LEGION THREAD
Has anyone here thought about joining the French foreign Legion?
Why not? Fuck it right?
>>
Its fucking hard to get in
>>
>>29840715
I figure if I still like soldiering when I get out of the Army I'll try to join, the Légion looks amazing
>>
It's the Night's Watch of the real world. Full of scum and scoundrels.
>>
>>29840715
Why not the Spanish foreign legion? I bet they'd let you bring your butt plug
>>
>>29840747
>Be fit
>be able to do over 11 pull ups
>get a high score on the luc leger
>dont be a scumbag criminal
Looking handsome apparently helps as well.
But if you got these covered and are pretty fit all over you got a higher chance than most
>>
>>29841290
You need to do a fuck load of pull ups
Either you

Have military experience
Are a PT stud
Speak fluent French
Or have 10 in luck
>>
>>29841408
I chooooseeee PT stud B), I'll be military experience guy in 2 years though.
>>
>>29841418
Listen to me when I say to learn French
It will make your Légion life infinitely easier and people will respect you a bit more

If you're serious about it, start doing Pimsleur and Assimil TODAY
>>
>>29841132
Doesn't into non-Spaniards
>>
>>29841466
dw mate, already do lessons with a human hahaha
>>
>>29840715
Yes. I know someone who got in and I was enticed for a while. Seems like a place for the lost or desperate though. The guy I knew was the former. He was already quite fit when he entered, learned the rest along the way.
>>
>>29841132
If I get dual citizenship with Mexico can I join? It is a previous Spaniard colony.
>>
>>29841985
>wanting to pay for the wall
>>
>>29840319
I'm not foreign. I just want to emigrate to the US. Wanna trade nationalities?
>>
Is there any non terrorist organizations that'll taken pretty much take anyone that wants to go catch a bullet?
>>
>>29844112
You might have what it takes to join my elite group of shady missionaries.
>>
>>29844133
I've always dreamed of a glorious death

Will I die a hero?
>>
>>29844112
try some PMC groups or if you really want, join some Maritime security agency, particularly those that operate on ships sailing around Somalia, I'm sure you'll get your chance.

else join Peshmerga, but at this point I think they want recruits with previous military experience, else you'll be designated on a rear guard unit.
>>
>>29841466
Did you serve with the Legion?

I'm getting out of the marines this year, thinking I'll a take a year to decompress, enjoy the civvy life, and learn some French before I head over to try my chances.
>>
>>29844151
You may or may not die an hero.
>>
>>29844172
something about FFL makes me think they couldn't give a fuck if you live or die, so they'll send you to the biggest shithole in Africa the French are operating out of, on sub-level operator training.

Frankly with the kind of standards they hold you too, you're better off trying BUD/S.
>>
>>29840715
Why not? Because I'm French.
>>
>>29844153
Is there like a monster.com but for that kind of thing?
>>
>>29844182
Well will you at least tell my home town I died a hero? I really don't care if stampeded by water buffalo, as long as they think I took 50 of 'em down with me.
>>
>>29844240
Google, there's shit loads.
>>
>>29844187
>you're better off trying BUD/S.
What in my post made you think I had any desire to become an operator? I've been looking into the legion for years now, I know their current deployments mostly consist of peacekeeping and anti-drug smuggling operations in former French colonies. That doesn't change the fact they're an outfit I'm interested in joining. And who knows where or what they'll be doing in the next 2-7 years? Could be the same, maybe not.
>>
File: 1398308314078.jpg (33 KB, 500x448) Image search: [Google]
1398308314078.jpg
33 KB, 500x448
>>29844249
>Dear anon's home town,
>He died an hero.
>The driver was an alcohol.
>>
>>29844266
Don't join if you think you'll be doing peace keeping lol
5 year return of service.

The French are heavily involved in African conflict and civil wars, assume you'll be sent there too.
>>
File: Corvée des chiottes.jpg (142 KB, 1600x1065) Image search: [Google]
Corvée des chiottes.jpg
142 KB, 1600x1065
>>29841290
>>29840757
>>29841408

Everyone knows that physical ability is secondary in their selection criteria. Sure, you need to pass a certain threshold of fitness to even be considered, but if you can't meet those low standards of fitness then clearly you are too athletically challenged to even be considering the military (I mean, do you want to do corvée for the rest of your life or something?)

What they want:
>mentally stable people
>not too stupid, not too smart
>will obey orders
>has military experience (as long as it won't conflit with the way of the legion)
>allegiance to any entity other than the legion firmly behind them
>no criminal record (what you've heard is bullshit; they will take 100 good Samaritans over a criminal)
>able to show that you actually care and are motivated (but not too much or they will think you're whimsical/suffering from Ramboism)
>French and other languages (Mandarin, Arabic or whatever language most new recruits speak)

My point is, you can train to be fit enough to pass with flying colours. But can you train the weeaboo, pussy NEET out of you? Can you train yourself to blindly follow orders even if you know they are stupid and pointless? Can you shut out your conscience telling you that what you are doing is wrong and blithely obey? Can you take the 6 months of corvée before actually getting to do something you want without breaking down mentally?

Anyway, this is the place you should go to read up about how shitty the Foreign Legion actually is:
https://www.cervens.net/legionbbs123/forum.php
>>
>>29844382
Imagine being killed by third world niggers. Fucking degrading.
>>
>>29840715
Actually i've been considering the fuck out of this but my mother needs a lot of help so i stay here and work at mcdonalds instead.... it sucks being a decent person sometimes
>>
>>29844426
Some Boko Haram level muslim niggers too

Saw a video of those fucks shootin up a bunch of fleeing kids and their mothers while they were sleeping in a building, they stormed in and started shooting then 1 by 1 put a bullet in each of them to be sure, could tell some of them were trying to play dead, then they got hit and screamed and shot again.

They dropped them down a well after, one guy tried to stand up in the well to plead with them and they just shot his head and brain spattered out.

Fucking gross people.
>>
I get through selection and most of the basic, than left on my own decision. Ask anything, will gladly help.

>>29844404
>mentally stable people
>not too stupid, not too smart
>will obey orders
That is really obvious.
>has military experience (as long as it won't conflit with the way of the legion)
Not true at all.
>allegiance to any entity other than the legion firmly behind them
True.
>no criminal record (what you've heard is bullshit; they will take 100 good Samaritans over a criminal)
Straight bullshit.
>able to show that you actually care and are motivated (but not too much or they will think you're whimsical/suffering from Ramboism)
Yes, that is correct.
>French and other languages (Mandarin, Arabic or whatever language most new recruits speak)
Bullshit as well. Also speaking French will make the selection and basic much worse.
>>
>>29844503
Speaking French wont make selection first.

the Legion instructors don't speak a breath of English to the recruits, you're expected to understand what to do based on what they're pointing at and what everyone else is doing.
>>
>>29844512
>make selection worse*
>>
>>29844503
Also what I find the most important from my experience:
>Enlist directly in Aubagne, do not lose time anywhere else. It is totally pointless and you will lose time, energy, will and money.
>Boost up your fucking immunity system as much as you can. Most of the guys throw the towel because of being sick or too cold. I did my test sportif with a goddamn fever.
>Try to learn how to work with a non-stop cold.
>Folding bed is also good thing to learn.

>>29844512
>the Legion instructors don't speak a breath of English to the recruits
During the basic, they MOSTLY don't, but don't fear to use it, if needed. Especially Russian-speaking nations often use Russian instead of French all the fucking time. After the selection process, you will understand basic orders pretty well.

Also Francophones are during selection and basic every caporal or caporal-chefs bitch. "Do that" "help with this" "bring this" "explain them this" and under non-stop "if they fuck it up, because they dont understand, it is your fault".
>>
>>29844448
Welcome to the new world Anon. The butch of it is, those atrocities are considered heroism amongst many circles spread throughout the world these days. Makes you wonder how low people are gonna have to sink to destroy them.
>>
>>29844533
Also during the selection, most of your superiors speak English or if you are lucky, your native language.
>>
>>29844503
>>no criminal record (what you've heard is bullshit; they will take 100 good Samaritans over a criminal)
>Straight bullshit.

Really? I'd like to see proof of that. They do thorough background checks on everybody. I'm not saying that having a criminal record excludes your from the legion, but they don't want people like that in there, so it counts as a significant point against you. More importantly, if you DO have a criminal record then don't lie about it, because they WILL find out.
>>
File: thatsweetnovemberjuliet.jpg (67 KB, 420x700) Image search: [Google]
thatsweetnovemberjuliet.jpg
67 KB, 420x700
>>29841132
>mfw the made an entire corps of fruity rudy's
>>
I'd join Russia's "foreign legion" before I'd join an African country.
>>
>>29844535
new world? This is just muslims being muslims
That's how they've alawys been for over 1000 years
This modern islamic shit is a direct consequence of weak retarded liberal policies

Remember, just a few decades ago, all these areas were european colonies.

The US is the most responsible for decolonialization and the resulting spread of communism.
>>
File: 1461006466006.png (2 MB, 968x1298) Image search: [Google]
1461006466006.png
2 MB, 968x1298
>>29844404
>Corvée des chiottes.jpg
>mon visage quand
>>
>>29845118
>tfw South Africa in white rule was productive and nice
>tfw niglets took over and is crime capital of the world
>tfw south america
>tfw fiji
>tfw india
Thank fuck Australia and New Zealand stilled clung on and haven't been dragged down to mudhuts and baking bread in animal shit by their nignog natives.
>>
>>29840775
Wew lad :^)
>>
>You will never be a Rhodesian legionnaire
>>
>>29845041
Of course they do background checks. But if you are not a murderer, drug dealer or wanted by INTERPOL, they sincerely don't care. In the Legion it matters more, that you don't lie about that than having problematic past itself. If you are honorable, they will don't give a two fucks.

I had some issues with a law in the past and even was waiting for the court, when I enlisted. I did not lie about that and they picked me. Same with nearly half of the other guys. And there were LOT of white lilies, kicked out.
>>
Can I get in if I am physically fit but have poor eyesight (-3/-3) and had tuberculosis? I am unfit to serve in my country's military because of TB. Can't even become a fireman.
>>
I'm strongly considering it. I'm in the PR National Guard but besides that I'm living as a full blown NEET so I'm saving money from my monthly drills but I also need to run since my endurance is low. I'm also a Navy vet with my former rate as AO so they might put that to good use in the artillery/munitions field.

I fucking hate it here and I can't get any other and I hate studying. Hope they don't turn me down for something stupid otherwise I'll waste my money and trip.
>>
>>29845865

I have a similar question; Can they pick me if they found out I was in substance abuse rehab in the Navy? (I hit the bottle too hard after my divorce)

I know the Army NG (even qualified for MP MOS) still took me in but somehow the Navy almost took back in until some country-fried peckerwood med-tech denied me entry.
>>
>>29844187
Yep. FFL isn't SF though. More comparable to rangers or RM.

FFL exists as it allows the french to mess round in unpopular interventions without the public giving a fuck about casualties.
>>
>>29845865
Poor eyesight is not that of a issue, lot's of Legionaries are wearing glasses. Not sure the point to which it is still doable though.

TB is an instant go home though.

>>29845899
Run like hell (and I really mean that, since on the basic, the running is hellish), strengthen your immunity system and learn how to work with a non-stop cold. Also if you are from the States, there is a must for you to play poor. They don't generally accept people, who had better pay back there.

>>29845950
This is utter bullshit, anon. From what experience you are judging? From the internet? That was pretty much old Legion, not the new one.
>>
>>29845928
There is a generally big issue with substance abuse in the Legion. If you have some years between you and abusing, it could go alright. But if not and they have one single doubt, you are out. Not speaking about the case when your blood or piss is not clean.
>>
>>29845865
No. FFL is harder than your nations army. If you can't get into that they won't take you either
>>
>>29845977
Not saying they aren't all steely eyed dealers of death. As they obviously are. Im not saying the french are just throwing lives away either. I'm saying the reason it's kept rather than just having a 100% french unit is it allows them to meddle in africa without casualties making bad headlines at home.
>>
File: doomstuff.gif (431 KB, 1278x908) Image search: [Google]
doomstuff.gif
431 KB, 1278x908
>>29844153
>Martime security

I was former Navy with Army training do you think they'll take me? For the record I tried joining merchant marine groups but so far the only that took me in was the sealift command yet they said I "hired" but the NEVER called me to start work.

But I never knew there were private navies looking for personnel, I'll try looking up some like Trident.

Thanks Anon!
>>
>>29841132
Does Puerto Rico count as capable of joining the SFL?
>>
>>29845757
why bother living
>>
>>29845984

Haven't had any other incidents and so far all Navy and Army NG piss-tests I had turned out negative. I avoid weed and all that shit like the plague because of my job and I only drink on the weekends which is hardly drinking because it's mostly 2-3 beers on Saturday.

>>29845977
Run like hell (and I really mean that, since on the basic, the running is hellish), strengthen your immunity system and learn how to work with a non-stop cold. Also if you are from the States, there is a must for you to play poor. They don't generally accept people, who had better pay back there.

I'll do this but my mom insisted I stay in the house after her surgery and had to skip out on track time. Thinking of supplenting with swimming as well but it's been raining like hell here in PR and I had to stay indoors but as soon as I'm done I'm getting back to the track and pool to work on my cardio.

FTR, I'm a 33 y/o Navy vet and I understand the age cap is 40 y/o but will there be any other reasons the FFL will reject me besides criminal incidents. I've been a good boy in that regard but I'm still worried they might dig up something that'll make them boot me out. I've read an article somewhere about some guy that got booted for something he was clueless about

Anyway, thanks a lot Anon, you've helped me out a lot so far.
>>
>>29845808
If you don't mind my asking, why did you leave during/after basic training, btw?
>>
>>29846049

Fellow ricanfag here. I'm not sure since they only take Spainiards (so I don't see why they call it a "foreign" legion) but I have met a South American soldier serving in the Spanish army when I was on deployment in the navy. He told me they took him in so he could serve his time in order to obtain his Spanish citizenship

BTW you're the only other rican besides me who wants to go FFL. Are there any others? Maybe we can all go as a group to Aubogne and pool in cash for tickets and travel expenses.
>>
File: 1455250215093.jpg (58 KB, 506x552) Image search: [Google]
1455250215093.jpg
58 KB, 506x552
>>29845757
i didn't need to feel these feels anon
>>
>>29846135
Would love to go, but I'll plan more in the future. I'd like to serve in the US Army as an Engineer Officer and get some investments.
>>
>>29846089
Screw the track my dear anon - you never really run on it. Around Marseille-Aubagne is fucking hilly terrain (not speaking about the farm) and you start running as hell since you are Rouge (those selected ones for the basic). You start pretty much on 7-8km in a sharp tempo (4+4).

Also you will run during rain, cold and everything else. With a shorter than short shorts, t-shirt and really slim tracksuit jacket.

>FFL will reject me besides criminal incidents
As I said; if you are not a drug dealer or murderer and honest about it, they will don't give a fuck. Just don't lie from the day one.

>>29846103
My health, mostly. I've had some nasty Sinusitis during the whole selection and for the last days I was just pushing it.
>>
I've heard they have standards now and already reject enough ex-SF/military guys with combat experience. what are the chances a /fit/ civilian will be chosen?
>>
>>29846284
Same as ex-military. They are not rejecting ex-mils on the principle, but they tend to check them longer during the selection. Days-wise.
>>
>>29846043
They want previous military experience because it shows you can follow instructions and understand firearm safety, obviously PMC/Vessel Security will take the Operator type guys first but vessel security isn't very attractive for them, so I'm sure they'll fill the gaps with regular force guys.
>>
>>29846373
Nope. They don't prefer them. Biggest chance is for 20something years old with no future, unemployed, no to little family, no gf, no wife, no children and without military experience. This is because the people with military background tend to work out worse, when they already got some learned processes in their head, instead just a empty slate to fill with exactly what Legion wants.
>>
>>29846017
>>I'm saying the reason it's kept rather than just having a 100% french unit is it allows them to meddle in africa without casualties making bad headlines at home.

Stop spreading bullshit, legionnaires are french, if they die, it is as french people, and they do the same mission that the regulière do, they are not meat grinder
>>
>>29846406
I'm referring to PMC groups and Maritime Security agencies.

Being 20 right now, in physical training for my military right now, I might be their wet dream (;

Not training hard enough for the legion though, I only run 4km a day.
>>
>>29844112
azov

>join azov
>be irl cheeki breeki
>>
>>29846448
You can never really much prepare for the Legion. Everything is made to feel you uncomfortable, weak, sick, cold, hungry, tired and dissapointed during the selection in basic. They WANT you in your worst and when you hit it, then they begin to reshape you in way the Legion needs. From small details as a shower times (you start at two minutes and finish at 30seconds), only cold/extremely hot water, non-stop cold, bad clothing, useless towels, horrible rashgiving razors for shaving (you have to shave everyday), extremely bad backpacks and boots, asking for the toilet paper every time you have to take a shit and non-existing toilet seats. To the big issues as extremely hard work if you are unlucky and extreme empty waiting times if you are lucky, little sleep, eating times (similar as the showers) and many others.

Only one guy who told me that the "Legion is like spa, compared to the Russian army" was a veteran of a SPETNAZ anti-narcotics. But he was just a non-human, incredibly resilient guy. I don't know if he made it through the training however.
>>
>>29846543
What i've read on Spetznaz training is they have them submerge themselves in animal guts and blood in a giant tank after it's been fetting for days, the idea is to get used to the smell of dead things.

not sure if Russian propaganda but those crazy fucks shoot at each other for pistol training so, I don't doubt it.

Also, I saw the legion has painting rocks as a punishment, got any other good ones?
>>
>>29846593
>Also, I saw the legion has painting rocks as a punishment, got any other good ones?

With a rocks, there are especially good stories. There many of the rock formations illustrating Legions or regimental insignia. You CAN'T step on them. If you do, you are going home. The point is, no one will usually tell you.

Also there picking garbage outside of the base in Aubagne without any gloves (used wet handkerchiefs or used condoms get old fast), moving rocks with a small tweezers from one pile to another and whole lot of bunch of things concerning toilets.

Mostly there are group punishments as pushups or pullups, usually to the fail point. Some slaps and kicks too, but not as harsh as in the past. Also you are often assigned to some hard work and when it is finally over, there is some caporal-chef who will fuck it up and there you go, you are working again.
>>
>>29846666
>check'd quads

Tbh it really doesn't sound worth it.
for same kind of struggle I could in the SAS or SEAL/Delta and get world class tier 1 training with 100% chance of deployment.

FFL seems to have the entry requirements of a tier 1 but misses a lot of the training and deployments.
>>
>>29846738
I big portion of the appeal to me is that is a fresh start and you can get a new name. Not that I've fucked anything up just the concept is nice to me.
>>
>>29844503
Okay so my buddy and I are thinking about joining at the same time. I'm marines he is airforce is utterly likely that we would train together? And have you heard anything about people going to the same legion Unit if they know each other?
>>
>>29846738
Don't try with this mindset, anon. After a fourteen days, you will be fucked.

>>29846870
This is basically it. They are giving you a fresh and possibly good start with an option of a nice career. What they want is their price. That's why I mentioned that they want people with no lives at all, because those can only get better in the legion. That is also why there are so many Brazilians, Russians, Ukrainians and people from other fucked up nations.
>>
>>29846922
>Don't try with this mindset, anon. After a fourteen days, you will be fucked.

I have nooo intent on even trying the legion, completely unrealistic life goal for me, so already it fucks my motivation to try it.

To join any one of those groups you need to want it, I don't want that one.
>>
>>29846918
There is a small chance, yes. But definitely not a sure one, since for that you would have to score very similarly in everything and then genuinely wanted to the same regiment. And even in that case, the Legion will still send you where THEY need you.

However, Legion is somewhat small, so after a few years, everyone knows everyone. For example, my friend enlisted four months before me and we´ve met during the Camerone day. Briefly, but we did.
>>
>>29846950
How does job selection work?
>>
>>29846971
Everything you do during the basic is measured and saved. When you finish up the basic (and a few times before that), you are asked which regiment you would like and what position there would fulfill. Based on your results, they either briefly look at your choice or don't.

It is said that first 10 people of the group usually get to their regiment, but I don't know about that.
>>
File: tiradores_legion.png (1023 KB, 883x536) Image search: [Google]
tiradores_legion.png
1023 KB, 883x536
>>29841132
Its a special unit based in traditions and shits.. but they always made a great job in missions, any people form southamerica can join Spanish Army but have to study a ton and pass about 4 or 5 exams, is not easy
>>
>>29845151
C'est pas l'armée chinetoque, ça?
>>
>>29846870
>>29846922

This is what attracts me too. When I got out of the Navy (Honorable discharge) is that I'm unable to find a job where I live and the NG isn't challenging enough for me plus I"m over 30 and a NEET despite my educational and military background so is it any wonder I want to start a new life.

I never felt like a true warrior just a guy in a uniform who gets paid to show up. And I hate my unit, buncha drunk slackers
>>
>>29847206
>Don't try with this mindset, anon. After a fourteen days, you will be fucked.

wouldn't it be nice if that's all it was lol

the prospect of combat fascinates me to the extent I'd love to see how i'd perform in that environment, with the training of course, but as far as doing combat for a job I'm not sure.

So signing on to a 5 year legion contract doesn't seem like the best way to work this out.

Perhaps I should start a kind of combat tourism business, people like myself embed with fighting forces and get to experience it.
>not srs but still wish it existed.
>>
>>29847206
>>29847276

oops wrong greentext
>I never felt like a true warrior just a guy in a uniform who gets paid to show up. And I hate my unit, buncha drunk slackers

meant that heh
>>
>>29847066

So will I be able to enlist in the Spanish Foreign Legion if I'm Puerto Rican then? If so it wouldbe easier seeing as I'm fluent in Spanish and even traveled to Spain once.

>>29846373
>>29846406

Shortly after posting I got a call from MSC saying that they want me to do another physical so they can "push things further" but I'm still not convinced. Fuck em actually

> Biggest chance is for 20something years old with no future, unemployed, no to little family, no gf, no wife, no children and without military experience

I meet all those qualities except I'm 30-something and former military (still in NG too) , in fact I've been through 2 boot camps.

I'm looking through Trident's site but can't find the online application form page
>>
>>29847349
https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-manci-387b4436?trk=seokp-title_posts_secondary_cluster_res_author_name

Type of guy that works there, as I said, I expect SEAL team guys and other operators get first pick.

To apply, try the 'Contact us' section or use the phone # listed to call.
>>
My plan is I'm going to try to get into contracting after the marines or get some college done and then try for Green Beret. If they have a problem with me reenlisting then legion
>>
>>29847479
contracting really sounds like the best option, if you want combat or high-risk security, it's perfect, high pay without the military bullshit.
>>
>>29847554
But is there really that many offensive contracting jobs?
>>
>>29847662
If there's a war going on PMCs will be there some where, governments give them contracts in secret that they fulfill without any consequences to the country who contracted them.

that is, unless you get a blackwater situation where a bunch of PMCs are strung up and it becomes political mess.

A lot of PMCs do security work for facilities like Groom lake Test site (Area 51), the U.S government particularly likes using private contractors for these jobs.

other stuff like Embassy security, bomb disposal, checkpoint security etc.

One of the better PMC companies is

https://www.academi.com/
formerly known as Black Water.

They're on a $250 million contract for the CIA at the moment so that tells you their level of involvement.
>>
>>29848072
I've interacted woth academi before they seem like arrogant asshole who try to hard to talk the talk.
>>
>>29848153
aka every SEAL guy ever?
that's what you get in that field, it's all guys who love war and violence, wont find a lot of humble souls.
>>
>>29848072
Where's the source for anything regarding the CIA or Area 51 because that sounds like conspiracy bullshit
>>
>>29848072
>governments give them contracts in secret that they fulfill without any consequences to the country who contracted them

No. They give them public contracts to protect civilian technicians and deliver food and water. I think you're caught up in the fictional world of PMC's and not the international security guard one of reality.
>>
>>29848191
Nope.
They have cooks working in Top Secret environments.
http://constellisnsd.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=356843
>>
>>29848198
I think you're mistaking secret clearance with secret contracts
>>
>>29848231
You seem to think these contractors only work for western governments?

They're contracted out in third world countries too where things get very murky.

they were in iraq/Afghanistan

and i'll bet you'll find them throughout African regions too.

if you don't think the U.S government isn't exploiting this loop hole you're quite naive.

"The Freedom of Information Act applies to "agency" records. Contractors, in this context, are not "agencies," even where they perform decisional roles. Similarly, government officials are subject to a body of conflict of interest provisions, pay caps, limits on political activity, and labor rules that do not similarly constrain contractors who perform similar, even the same, work."

""Federal law bans U.S. soldiers from participating in Colombia's war against left-wing rebels and from training army units with ties to right-wing paramilitaries infamous for torture and political killings. There are no such restrictions on for-profit companies, though, and since the late 1990s, the United States has paid private military companies an estimated $1.2 billion, both to eradicate coca crops and to help the Colombian army put down rebels who use the drug trade to finance their insurgency."
>>
>>29848339
>You seem to think these contractors only work for western governments?

Who else do you know that western PMC's are working for?
>>
>>29848355
Government of Sierra Leone for example has contracted PMCs.

The U.S has special forces operating in Northern Iraq currently and I wouldn't doubt they have PMCs too in order to uphold their obligations to the iraqi government.

And I doubt they'd be all up in the media about it too.
>>
>>29848417
Proof
>>
>>29848417
>The U.S has special forces operating in Northern Iraq currently and I wouldn't doubt they have PMCs too in order to uphold their obligations to the iraqi government.

See, you're still stuck with the retarded idea that PMC's are "Black ops SF" and not security guards.
>>
anyone else pretty seriously considering the Legion in the near future?

(by pretty seriously I mean "not just talking about how cool it would be")

I've done pretty extensive research and i've begun a training program to get me in peak running, calisthenic, pullup, and marching state by next Jan-Feb. At this point I'm pretty focused on it and there's nothing else I want to do, but I'm also trying to think it over as much as I can... 5 years is a long time to commit, especially if there isnt combat to be seen in those 5 years.
>>
Fuck the french, fucking euroniggers
>>
File: blackwater.jpg (291 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
blackwater.jpg
291 KB, 1600x1200
>>29840715
why not just man up and join Blackwater?
>>
>>29848686
google

>>29848700
Not at all, do you not remember PMCs in Iraq?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaJYlk4z5RQ&ab
>>
>>29851584
Cuz according to the dopes in this thread, blackwater is just a rent-a-cop agency rofl
>>
what about, peshmerga? im sure i wont make the cut to ffl, what about the qualifications for foreigners joining the peshmerga? and how long do i have to serve, i want it to be a 4 years break after uni. can anybody clarify
>>
>>29852287
Peshmerga as far as I know want former military (any branch) for service with them for any kind of front line action.
I don't think there's a mandatory service time since you're a volunteer and the equipment you use, you pay for.

Civilians get rear guard positions, sitting on sentry all day and night in positions behind the front.

it's a no fucking joke war over there, Rangers have come back saying it's worse than any Iraq/Afghan deployment ever, fighting ISIS is like fighting a conventional military and all its assets, except ofc, they're not 'formally' trained but by this point they're probably perfectly adapted to that type of fighting so don't discount it.

Only go if you're 100% serious and willing to die there, 'cuz a lot of foreigners do.

YPG FB, contact them through that to join, though currently their site is down saying they're unable to take volunteers so, keep an eye on it.
facebook: lions of Rojava Official
>>
>>29852507
thx m8, thats really helpful
>>
>>29848198
>cooks
>Private Military Contractor

You know it's funny when I was in the service a "Private Contractor" was just an umbrella term for civilian workers who worked inside the base but pay-rolled by private corporations. Technically a guy who fixes AC units or runs a hotel on base under an outside company was considered a "Private Contractor".

>>29844153
>>29851650

The way PMCs and MasSec groups advertise themselves as a "security firm" I swear I was under the impression that they were no more than mall-cops on Cruise ships and freighters to keep drunken sailors in check or prevent mutinies from breaking out.

I always thought the real gung-ho big gun shit was done by coasties hitching along the merchant vessels.

And land PMCs were just rent-a-cops on foreign bases to keep out trespassers and to avoid international incidents and the best they give you is a 9-mill (if you're lucky) or a can of pepper spray.
>>
>>29840715

I'm already a 1st worlder. If I were from a 3rd or 2nd world shit hole I'd be all over it but I'm not really interested on hanging out with slavs and turks to join a meme unit.
>>
>>29852566
>>29852583
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Unx2xYIc8g&ab_channel=SteveGoss

If you haven't seen it, this is one of the Maritime PMC groups.
>>
File: 1454095021533.jpg (146 KB, 835x1170) Image search: [Google]
1454095021533.jpg
146 KB, 835x1170
>>29851640
>Blackwater was hired to guard the embassy building in Najaf

>This means they're totally secret special forces that also work at Area 51 and have been secretly hired to fight ISIS

How many times do I have to tell you that you're still stuck with the retarded idea that PMC's are "Black ops SF" and not security guards.
>>
>>29840715

>Modest entry requirements that even a NEET could do
>Ends with making you march through a fucking jungle

Wonder how many shrimps fell for it.
>>
Is there something like the Foreign Legion but for the IDF?
>>
>>29855878
Yeah, it's called Friends of the IDF
>>
>>29844153
>maritime security

Why do people keep reccomening this?

Could luck getting into a pmc without military experience let alone a fucking maritime gig.
>>
File: DienBienPhu.jpg (444 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DienBienPhu.jpg
444 KB, 1024x768
>tfw you will never be deployed to defend La République in one of its former colonies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eodbP8eINIo
>>
>>29856692
Why not?
Git gud and then head to france homie, only one way to find out if you could make it
>>
File: paratroopers.jpg (271 KB, 1180x787) Image search: [Google]
paratroopers.jpg
271 KB, 1180x787
>>29857407
You missed my point, copain. These rice fields are in Indochina. They no longer belong to France.
I was referencing the opening verse of the 2ème REG anthem.
>>
>>29851640
how many kills did they get? any more details ?
>>
>>29841408
je parle le francais comme une vache anglais
i'm good a pt
i have no service experience.
>>
>>29844445
man, there are more options than what you see. you can learn a skilled trade like programming or welding and help your mom alot more than just working at mcdonalds. it takes real balls to work at a place like mcdonalds though, good on you
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.