[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you actually get confirmed kills? Must be hard after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
How do you actually get confirmed kills?

Must be hard after a fierce firefight to work out who shot who.
>>
It is. "Confirmed kills" are mostly a media myth.
>>
>>29838406
the only people who likely have anywhere near accurate "confirmed kills" are sniper teams because someones a bit more likely to have eyes on target while you shot them

other than that it's someone shouting "i fuckin got two of those fuckers" while 14 people also helped fill a brush filled ditch with gunfire and grenades at 5am in complete darkness and check for bodies in the morning and find some brass and no bodies
>>
>>29838406
Whom. Who shot whom.
>>
>>29838418
no they aren't

confirmed kills are mostly a confirmation that the target was armed to prevent librul faggots from crying war crime everytime we go to war. In larger firefights nobody really gives a fuck but in smaller instances they find the body and take any useful info it might have carried and sometimes photograph it for other reasons
>>
They put a little bit of your DNA into each of your bullets. Then the just need check the bullets for DNA to see who got the kill.
>>
File: 1461714758823.jpg (20 KB, 470x393) Image search: [Google]
1461714758823.jpg
20 KB, 470x393
>>29838449
>>
like so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE2BDKBI2sk
>>
>>29838655
You're just bullshitting.
>>
Most soldiers who graduate boot get a stat track module on their service weapon which doesn't track kills when used by someone that isn't them so they can get a pretty accurate meter. I hear chris kyle's AWP had like 300+
>>
>>29838742
Shut the fuck up, how would I, as a non-native english speaker ever learn that? That's a bit too advanced to be taught at schools and with that sentence as context it's very easy to understand. Thanks, grammar anon.
>>
>>29838655
So what is the official paperwork guideline for a confirmed kill? What form is it recorded on?
>>
>>29838760
not really

it doesn't get written down into anything like a fitrep or srb per individual member but it does get tracked for s2. I.E. guy from tribe x was fighting in area y. He wasn't of any real importance and not a guy we were looking for and finally he was carrying a rifle.

your probably thinking it's something along the lines of chris kyle in american sniper where people said he had so many confirmed kills. Those are mostly just kills people or he himself called in

>>29838800
its not recorded on anything per individual member. at most it can end up in a unit diary for award reasons. Thats why you see old medal of honor stories where so and so killed x many people
>>
>>29838655
You completely failed to address the idea that "confirmed kills" being attributed to individual soldiers is mostly media myth.
>>
>>29838814
>your probably thinking it's something along the lines of chris kyle in american sniper where people said he had so many confirmed kills. Those are mostly just kills people or he himself called in

Bitch what the fuck did I just say

>"Confirmed kills" are mostly a media myth.
>>
>>29838818
nope

>It is. "Confirmed kills" are mostly a media myth.

this says nothing about the individual
>>
>>29838814
So there is no such thing as a "confirmed kill", because it's just a puffed up way of talking about what happened.

"Confirmed kill" counts listed by media outlets are nothing more than self reported, and thus unverifiable counts.
>>
File: cotton.jpg (12 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
cotton.jpg
12 KB, 256x192
>>
>>29838848
>there is no such thing as a confirmed kill
incorrect.

Confirmed kills and their associated paperwork are a thing.
>>
>>29838839
His post was addressing the context of the OP, which is clearly talking about attributing it to individual soldiers.

Quit while you're ahead.
>>
>>29838848
You mean muh Chris Kyle Katarn didn't actually leetsnipe over 1 million hajoojahbibbles?
>>
>>29838848
they are kills confirmed yes as in the target was confirmed to have died from enemy fire and not stabbed to death because he tried to sell you shitty bootleg dvd's

theres contractors that do this for a living as well
>>
>>29838449
That's tragic, I hate to see teammates fight
>>
>>29838856
So, what is the form used to record it? What are the guidelines used for determining if it is confirmed?
>>
>>29838870
So what is the form used to record confirmed kills for units? Where is it tracked per unit?
>>
>>29838861
they can be attributed to individual soldiers which is how certain awards citations can be written

why is this so hard to understand?
>>
>>29838887
If it is so simple, it should be easy to show what paperwork confirmed kills are recorded on, and where the guidelines for what a confirmed kill are.
>>
>>29838884
its tracked in the unit diary and that's normally maintained by the unit S-1.
>>
>>29838876
You need to have the enemy's right ear or dogtag, that's about it
>>
>>29838876
Ask Joseph T. Ward. He's always talking about it. One dude he watched almost get himself killed trying to "confirm" his 100th.
>>
File: shtf.jpg (93 KB, 900x670) Image search: [Google]
shtf.jpg
93 KB, 900x670
They stopped doing "confirmed kills" decades ago. If you hear someone spouting off about how many confirmed kills he has then he is 100% full of shit.
>>
>>29838907
Uh huh.

What's the form number, format guide, and criteria for a "unit diary"?

What are the official criteria for a confirmed kill?

The military runs on form numbers and official guidelines which are easily searchable. Should be easy to point to them.
>>
>>29838960
>snipers
>>
>>29839057
Snipers what?
>>
>>29839014
not everything has DD form or the like. The closest form you'll have for confirmed kills would an award citation

google *Sergeant First Class Paul R. Smith award citation

as for unit diary entries in the muhreens we would just put a SSIC on it specifically SSIC 3480 which can be used to back up the citation when the award is going through its board process
>>
By collecting enemy dog tags/ears/fingers.
>>
>>29839099
So there is no criteria in the field for a confirmed kill? So the information being passed to a "unit diary", which is a hodgepodge non-uniform collection, is not validated, verified, or official?

Pointing to SSIC means nothing unless you can tell me what code is used for confirmed kills.

So, basically, it's a fancy way of saying "self reported", rather than "confirmed".
>>
>>29839057
>Snipers do not get official confirmed kills. Re-read the post. The practice stopped probably 4 decades ago. Your little snowflake unit might keep track of some bullshit but it is not recognized by the Department of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy or Air Force.
>>
>>29839150
meh i give up believe whatever you want
>>
>>29839182
I just wanted some official guidelines for how to confirm a kill.
>>
>>29838764
That's some of the dumbest shit I've ever read.
>>
anyone who talks about "confirmed kills" is a confirmed idiot trying to sound badass to makeup for their disappointingly boring enlistment.

pic related: the kind of devil dogs that use "confirmed kills" in their vernacular.
>>
>>29839198
there are no official guidelines beyond standard articles of convention. the guy you shot is either dead or not dead a combatant or not a combatant.

If you kill someone in a minor firefight they send individuals to identify whether the enemy combatant you engaged was armed or not. That information gets reported (sometimes) in standard naval letter format or AMHS message. It wouldn't be uncommon to see "20160405 Corporal Sullivan engaged an individual who reportedly fired upon his post. The individual in question was a local male approximately 30 years of age armed with an AK47. Corporal Sullivan was struck in the abdomen and no other casualties or incidents occurred"

that information was then used to give Corporal Sullivan a purple heart and or other awards. You can't (or weren't supposed to anyway) make shit up for awards (yes yes i know the stories)
>>
File: 1385208271182.jpg (3 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
1385208271182.jpg
3 KB, 125x123
>>29839269
>pic related
Nobody, then?

It's too late to fix, anon!
>>
>>29839198
There aren't any since we, in the United States military no longer confirm kills and haven't for about 40 years.
>>
File: 1377648294746.png (28 KB, 283x254) Image search: [Google]
1377648294746.png
28 KB, 283x254
>>29838862
>implying I haven't confirmed kills of at least 200 squibbledibbles on my last tour of Iraqistan

get it together m8
>>
>>29839280
>No official guidelines

Got it.
>>
File: image.png (821 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
821 KB, 1000x1000
In my unit they would give you an AAR after a firefight. I keep mine in my records from Iraq with my CIB.
Iraq 07-08 and 09-10 both with 82nd.
>>
>>29839450
can you post it so that the armchair operators stop talking out of the side of their face.

actually fuck it nobody comes to this website to change their opinions. If i want to hate myself i'd rather get my shit pushed in in dark souls
>>
>>29839478
I'm sorry you're so mad that "confirmed kills" aren't a thing.
>>
>>29839517
k
>>
>>29839280
What does a confirmed kill have to do with awarding a Purple Heart?
>>
>>29839547
lol nothing at all bro absolutely nothing at all
>>
>>29838406
Well, the US military is the hardest

You have to have two witnesses and one of them being a junior officer.

So you could be a bad ass and kill 50 men in hand to hand combat, but it wont be considered official.

Hell, even showing up with scalps, ears and severed heads don't vount anymore because some noobs looking to get fame will take body parts from corpses, so who can say you really killed them?

Russia on the otherhand will accept any story as being true nomatter how ridicules.

Now you say that what's the harm of it, well if intel says the enemy has 100 soldiers and two grunts walk up and say they killed 50 each and their story seems legit sonce they used up a lot of ammo and are covered in blood that's not theirs and even captured some enemy personal items, etc. So then command thinks the way ahead is clear and sends the platoon forward, and are then suprised by an ambush of 80 enemy soldiers.
>>
>>29839641
>You have to have two witnesses at least one who is a junior officer

According to what?
>>
>>29838760
You've never filled the paperwork?

Join the military or police tgen and find out yourself.
>>
>>29838406
Confirmed kills, the way you're describing them, don't matter unless it's a targeted killing or you're trying to make a sick montage bro.
>>
>>29838876
Varies by militaries. US has strickt guide lines requiring two witnesses, one of which an officer.
>>
>>29839014
You aren't a spy...are you?
>>
>>29839724
Where is that guideline written down?
>>
>>29839450
Eighty Deuce on the Loose!

2Bge 325 Falcons
>>
>>29839735
All blank forms and unclassified guidelines are easily publically found, and in fact aggressively distributed for military use. Assuming the forms exist.
>>
>>29839724
I bet you were born with blue eyes but now they are brown since you are so full of shit.
>>
>>29839305
Uh, what are Aces then?

I know for a fact we have Aces from the first Gulf War.
>>
>>29839517
They are a thing but believe it or not most war heroes have more kills than what are listed officially because group efforts and solo kills without witnessess don't count.
>>
>>29839805
>listed officially

What are the guidelines for officially listed confirmed kills?
>>
>>29838406
Okay just got done reading the whole thread, this is troll thread. If you guys want to tespond fine, but OP is basically doing the animaniacs/tiny toons skit where a child keeps asking "why" ad infiniti.
>>
>>29839824
In the world wars you'd count bodies or retrieve tags and then fill out an after action report.
>>
>>29839767
You are either misremembering things are you are telling lies. We absolutely, positively did not confirm kills during the Gulf War era. I should fucking know since I was there for both Panama and the Gulf.
>>
>>29839868

This would be done for individual soldiers, as said above about the confirmed kill counts of "war heroes"?

Where would this information be recorded officially?
>>
>>29839251
>taking the bait
>not getting the reference

Lurk more newfag
>>
>>29839741
2/504 and 3-73 Cav 1st Brigade
>>
>>29839839
No, it's very easy. If confirmed kills were real, then guidelines, clarifications, and record forms would be easily sourceable.

The supposed rules such as "an officer needs to be present" would be easily found and cited.

Nobody is able to do that. The closest are trying to stretch the purpose of an AAR, even though those are not used to tabulate individual or small unit kill counts on an ongoing basis.

Confirmed kill counts aren't a thing.
>>
>>29839760
>aggressively distributed
I can imagine it now.
"TAKE THE FUCKING FORM. TAKE IT YOU SUNUVABITCH, TAKE A LOT OF 'EM. PASS THE FUCKERS OUT TO YOUR PEERS."
>>
>>29839968
This is basically how the military works, yes.
>>
>>29838873
Kek
>>
>>29838855
this was the only good response in this entire thread
>>
>>29839959
Airborne!

2-504 PIR made the jump into Panama with the 4-325 AIR and the 1-504 PIR. 3-504 PIR was already in country doing JOTC (at least that's the story).
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.