[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the biggest animal a .410 slug could reliably kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 414800.jpg (87 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
414800.jpg
87 KB, 880x660
What's the biggest animal a .410 slug could reliably kill at 20ish yards?
>>
>>29838178

Human
>>
File: ey.jpg (69 KB, 400x316) Image search: [Google]
ey.jpg
69 KB, 400x316
yer mum
>>
>>29838178
Elephant
>>
>>29838178
> biggest animal
Big animal for you
>>
It could probably kill an elephant if you shoot the right place.
>>
Hippo.

Try it out.
Make sure you use high brass slug
>>
>>29838178
Medium sized game, rifled slugs seems to have similar ballistics of a .44 magnum, though a .44 might be more reliable.
>>
With a basic shot to center mass, or a nigh surgical shot to a specific organ specifically angled without bone in the way?
Wanting them to reliably die eventually from the wound, or drop dead on the spot?
Without a detailed question, you'll never get an accurate specific answer about anything to do with terminal ballistics.
>>
410 slugs are an embarrassment to the word "slug"

88gr projectile at 1775fps from an 18" barrel
+P 9mm can almost do that
>>
>>29841665
You sir,haven't been looking hard enough.
>>
The most dangerous game of all......man.
>>
>>29841741
requires a nonstandard spec barrel only available in rifled form for two single-shot guns by one company that can't keep a website up

it's an obscure wildcat irrelevant to discussion of slugs for 410 shotguns
>>
>>29841741
That's still less energy than 7.62x39
>>
File: snek.jpg (49 KB, 681x407) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
49 KB, 681x407
>>29841741
that's the worst Don't Tread on Me flag ever
>>
>>29842048
And a 7.62x39 has less energy than a 7.62x51. Whats your fucking point, we could play that stupid ass game all day. You weren't happy with 9mm ballistics, so we moved to .44 territory so you compare a low pressure shot shell to an intermediate rifle round.
>>
"reliably kill"
Does it matter if bleeding out takes some time?
You could get a slug with some poison hemlock too

Biggest probably an elephant.
Maybe a Steller's sea cow but I don't know how deep the arteries are.
>>
File: Remington-870-11.jpg (185 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Remington-870-11.jpg
185 KB, 900x600
>>29838178
It depends on where you shoot it.

I wouldn't trust anything other than a slug, which is just making it a glorified .45 unless it was extremely small game like a squirrel or a bird.

You could probably kill small to medium game with it if you have good shot placement.

Just get yourself a R879 or M500 in 12 gauge, they are cheap and work well.

What are you trying to kill?
>>
I took a white tale with my single shot but that has a 28 inch barrel.

While I'm sure you could do it with one them them dumb 410 revolvers (long as shot placement is good) at some point you gotta ask yourself if you're doing this humanely or not.
>>
>implying a firearm can't kill everything
.410 Could destroy the sun if you aim center mass.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.