[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 328x328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 328x328
Newgunz checking in,

What is a reasonable price for an sks and what ammo would you recommend?
>>
Sks shoots 7.62x39 depends on which one you want could go from $325 to $450
>>
>>29835066
7.62x39 is recommended
>>
If youre asking brands:

wolf seems to be the best
BUT BE ADVISED

you can get yugo surplus brass x39 on stripper clips right now.
>>
>>29835205
Be advised that junk be corrosive too. If you get some, make sure to do a complete strip including the gas system after shooting.
>>
>>29835066
People seem to want 350-500 bucks for them now.

While it's a nice rifle on it's own, I wouldn't guarantee getting an SKS as it's nearly the price of a WASR AK. But if you have to have an SKS, that's another thing.
>>
Is the SKS a good rifle for someone new to owning a firearm? I've used guns before, but never owned one.

Also, they are legal in DC, correct? 10 round fixed mag isn't banned to the best of my knowledge.
>>
File: mfwbunker.jpg (67 KB, 599x313) Image search: [Google]
mfwbunker.jpg
67 KB, 599x313
bump
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 480x597) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 480x597
Bump
>>
>>29836641
>Is the SKS a good rifle for someone new to owning a firearm?
If it was a firearm deemed good enough for uneducated conscripts in Soviet Union, China, Vietnam, etc, it should be simple enough for anyone to own and operate. Since you won't have a commissar yelling instructions on how to operate, clean, and maintain one, using internet guides from the multitude of sites out there is a must

>Also, they are legal in DC, correct?
I'm no law expert, but from the looks of it, seems like SKS in its default form is not an "assault weapon" because it is NOT a "semiautomatic rifle with a detachable magazine" (that has an evil feature)
But reminder DC requires mandatory a license to even own a gun legally and registration of all guns is required too
>>
>>29840673
There are removable magazine conversions, what would that do to the legality
>>
>>29841153
According to websites detailing DC "assault weapon" laws, you CANNOT have a rifle that is
1: Semi auto AND
2: has a detachable magazine AND
3: Has an "Evil" feature like a pistol grip, bayonet mount, """grenade launcher""", or the shoulder thing that goes up barrel shroud

But in DC, you are limited to 10 rounds anyways so don't even bother with messing around with a detachable 10 round magazine for SKS because all it will do is fuck the reliability while offering little to no benefit in return
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.