[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arrow16
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Chej9BZWgAAAaOi.jpg (163 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Chej9BZWgAAAaOi.jpg
163 KB, 1024x768
So, how hard are Strykers gonna fail against Finnish reservists that are riding unmodernized MTLB's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqYg5CFciEU
>>
>>29834012
Finland is going to need a ton of combat cock to win that one. Better put those conscripts to work Pekka.
>>
File: M05 Stinger.jpg (316 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
M05 Stinger.jpg
316 KB, 1280x853
Consripts absolutely destroyed Norwegian professional soldiers during winter.
>>
So how based are the Finnish? I talked to a previous sf asl that retired due to a stroke. He always described themselves in such a based way that I always assumed that every Finish is drunk but could do much more than what I could do. (Later supported by the Spurdo comics he introduced me to.)
>>
>>29834012
If someone didn't already know, the point of the exercise is to simulate how Strykers would fare against Russians troops.

It's not Finland vs USA as the layouts have been made to mimic Russian mechanized infantry.
>>
>>29834258
My own experience visiting Finland twice is that they are all kinda retarded drunks, but stupidly capable anyway. Except the fags in Helsinki. Helsinki has almost all of Finland's hugbox, safe-space, gender fluids autists.
>>
File: P1030086.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
P1030086.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1200
>>29834268
>Hi, I'm a burger and I like pulling stuff out of my ass
No, the point of this exercise is to test this years freshly trained conscript unit(s) in action, its just a normal bi-yearly thing they do. IIRC it's usually conscripts vs mixed unit formed from professional FDF personnel and reservists. What's different this year is that a tiny burger Stryker unit is taking part as well forming something like 10% of that later grouping.

Interoperability between Finnish units and the lard truckers gets tested, but they are doing the simulated fighting not against "mimic Russian mechanized infantry", but against typical Finnish MTTSTOS ("Motorized Battle Group", i.e Jaegers on MTLB's w/ some heavy supporting elements)
>>
File: WP_000078.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
WP_000078.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
from what i have understanded an american soldier can be put to duty with such little expirience as 3 months?

ofcourse u can't rly compare veterans and conscripts but the finnish system is rather strong seeing that 40% of the people train 9months or moore

and the armored divisions of FDF are very similar to the russian layout of mechanisised divisions

actualy finland excelss on anti-armor, artillery and engineer fields

and to be stereotypic finn i am drunk whilst writing this
>>
>>29834012
>how hard are strykers gonna fail

Well if its the 2,000 finns vs the 130 americans, probably pretty hard.
>>
>>29837024
you can write, but apparently cant read.
>>
File: wat.jpg (193 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
193 KB, 960x540
>>29837078

What am I not reading?
>>
>>29834012
Its just a small supporting stryker element.

How do you "fail" this?

Furthermore, strykers are stationed in alaska so i dont think cold will be an issue.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.