[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ATF 29P: Proposal to Change Silencer Marking Locations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 29P-660x434.jpg (51 KB, 660x434) Image search: [Google]
29P-660x434.jpg
51 KB, 660x434
So this is going to kill oil filter/wix suppressors. The sad part was that this was part of an industry request back in 2008, but apparently home made suppressors or the like weren't a concern back then.

>SUMMARY: The Department of Justice is considering amending the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) to require licensed manufacturers, licensed importers, and nonlicensed makers to place identification markings on the outer tube of firearm silencers and firearm mufflers. The Department wishes to gather information and comments from the public and industry concerning whether or not the regulations should be amended."

>Apparently in April of 2008, the National Firearms Act Trade and Collectors Association (NFATCA) petitioned the ATF to clarify that only the outer tube should be marked

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/03/breaking-news-atf-29p-proposal-change-silencer-marking-locations/
>>
>>29831393
>this is going to kill illegal suppressors that are already illegal

t. Liberal moron

Protip, oil filter suppressors are already not legal, same goes for baffle stacks that happen to easily mate with mag lite tubes without tax stamps you dumbass

Literally changes nothing
>>
>>29831437
What about those registered endcaps for oil filters? Those are legal.
>>
>>29831437
pretty sure he's talking about serialized barrel adapters that can be registered as a suppressor and have a oil filter slapped on.
>>
>>29831393
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t_pcWPdSDs
>>
>>29831452
>people register "solvent traps"

Yes, like all the people who come to full setback at red lights and stop signs. I don't know if you are aware, but the "industry" is not built on solvent traps. Fucking idiot
>>
>>29831470
>Omg11!!!!eleven this literally changes everything
>>
>>29831488
dude, chill.
>>
>>29831452
>>29831470
>This

>>29831437
It was a $75 option for folks who didn't want to end up dropping close to a grande on a suppressor but still wanted to be legal. You could put down $275 total and have a can, it was a coup for the consumers.
>>
>>29831393
Great. I've been thinning about nigger-rigging a supressor and getting it stamped.

I hope it doesn't go through
>>
>>29831470
My understanding was that you had to send the adapter back for the filter to be replaced and then newly serialized. At least that's the guys who do the oil filter adapter do
>>
>>29831470
What are these you're talking about? I didn't know there were legitimate adapters made for oil filter use. Where do you buy these?
>>
>>29831393
>National Firearms Act Trade and Collectors Association
Who are these people? Are they the ones who don't want the full auto registry removed so their collections of prebans keep their worth?
>>
>>29832191
Yes.
>>
>>29832112
Amazon

Not even joking.
>>
>>29833084
What are they called (or a link would be great). Searching for threaded barrel filter adapter just comes up with threaded pipe endcaps for plumbing, which I'm pretty sure isn't what you're talking about.
>>
>>29833156
>1/2x28 thread pitch """""""plumbing"""""""" adapters are """"""definitely""""""" not what he is talking about

Lol obvious federal agent is obvious
Go to bed and try again tomorrow
>>
>>29833268
So plumbing caps are what they're talking about. Thanks for answering my question. I knew about these, but the other anons said these were serialized so I thought they meant some prefabbed adapter.
>>
>>29833283
Stop acting like an idiot
>>
>>29833293
Not that anon but what are you even on about m8? Those adapters aren't even illegal (that was the original topic of the thread) so ATFplsgo doesn't make sense here
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.