[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unregulated arms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1458945428412.gif (51 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1458945428412.gif
51 KB, 500x376
Hey, what are alternatives to firearms if you fail a background check? I voluntarily admitted myself to inpatient psych treatment last february, in NY state. Now I'm in NC, trying to get a firearm or a pistol permit and I fail because for some reason it was recorded as involuntary. Since I don't have the money or the time to drive all the way up to NYS and appeal the damn thing, what's a good alternative to a traditional firearm that doesn't need a check?

I have a shit tier .177 air rifle, but that's pretty much inadequate for anything outside of target practice. Not useful for hunting anything other than small game, too heavy to take camping/hiking, and is crap for defense.

What am I supposed to do if I want to hunt while camping or hiking, and defend myself when I'm not? I have bear spray, but that doesn't work when it's windy nor does it takedown small game. A bow and arrow might work for slightly larger game, but it's a bit awkward to use and I'm not physically strong enough to shoot one for more than a couple shots. Crossbows seem gimmicky as fuck. Slings are crap. Am I just bang out of luck?
>>
>>29830114
Armslist faggot
>>
>>29830141
well I'm not allowed to own a firearm either, and I don't want to break the law
>>
ooh what about antique firearms? would they be reliable enough?
>>
>>29830114
Well for one you slipped up bigtime getting admitted. I think you should fight it. Some of that can be done at a distance. Talk to a lawyer about it.

no substitute for a firearm.
>>
>>29830114
Blackpowder
>>
File: 1458757438152.jpg (87 KB, 606x586) Image search: [Google]
1458757438152.jpg
87 KB, 606x586
>>29830573
eh I don't regret it, it was helpful in the long run. I just wish that I didn't have my right to defend myself taken away because I sought treatment for depression instead of jumping in front of a bus. Like fuck, I've fought depression hard to stop it from killing me, but now I'm denied the right to fight external things trying to kill me?

I can't really afford to talk to a lawyer either, I might give the NY county court a call tomorrow though and see what I can sort out

>>29830595
isn't that just a joke these days tho? I don't want to blow myself up
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 512x288
>>29830114
>Another mentally ill psycho that failed the very easy to pass background checks
Just fucking kill yourself already and stop making us sane people look bad.
>inb4 I just have mild autism
Fuck off.
>>
>>29830673
No, it isn't. You want to chuck metal without it being considered a firearm? You go muzzleloading. Buy a howdah kit, a cap&ball revolver, and go to town. also, because they aren't firearms, no barrel length-stock bullshit (Take note of the "fixed cartridge" language).
>>
>>29830710
What was that guys name? I love that video but can't find it
>>
>>29830755
h3h3productions.
>>
>>29830747
thanks, I might give it a go if I can find it cheap enough
>>
seems like you should have the right to copies of your paperwork. I'd imagine if it was actually voluntary then it'd be obvious on the documentation and you could use that to clear it up.
>>
>>29830781
Thanks. I definitely had that confused with tourettes guy. Had a good laugh tho
>>
>>29830913
that's a good idea, I lost my original copy moving from ny to nc but I'm sure I could request a copy be sent to me
>>
This is why I don't seek help for my numerous and crippling mental illnesses.
>>
>>29831112
>thanks obama
>>
>>29830573
>I think you should fight it. Some of that can be done at a distance. Talk to a lawyer about it.
This. It's a bigger issue than just what gun you can buy. Get that shit fixed.
>>
>>29831112
Save up $500 and see a psych for cash. At least you can get your meds in one visit, and just use your GP to renew them so you can save $$$.

Whatever issues you have, you would probably be better off with a trustworthy doctor for counseling plus the meds, but psychs that won't fuck you over are expensive. If you have enough social support(friends and family, only the ones you can talk to) in your life, that can partially do the job of psych counseling. Especially if you are on the right meds to make it easier for your mind to drag itself out of that rut.

DO NOT USE THE VA
>>
>>29830673
>isn't that just a joke these days tho? I don't want to blow myself up
Nigger what? Just don't be a retard and accidentally smokeless powder into your BP gun.
>>
>>29830114
get your psych shit sorted out and buy a gun

in the meantime,

Taser, batons, knives, and pepper spray for self defense

>crossbows are gimmicky af
lolwut
>>
Where at in NC? I'll sell you a colt 6920 for 1500 bucks
>>
>>29833717
>6920
>1500
anon that 6920 better have some pretty trick mods to it or you're ripping OP off
>>
>>29833725
Ever heard of supply and demand?
>>
>>29833727
>supply/demand
only works when BCM and FN AR-15's aren't going for the price of your 6920
>>
>>29833733
Read the thread lawl
>>
>>29833751
you seem to forget about >>29830141's point lol
>>
>>29833765
so?
>>
>>29833769
can go to armslist, get weapon he wants for reasonable price

RIP no overpriced gun sale for you
>>
>>29833773
I report him, now blackmail!
>>
>>29830114
Most criminals use violent dogs.
>>
>>29830916
Funny, cause he actually has tourettes
>>
Psychos shouldn't have guns, period. You are lucky they let you out and walk around without a tracking tag around your neck.
>>
>>29834298

Then why are you allowed to have them?
>>
>>29830114
You can own a black powder weapon.

They are not considered firearms under federal law. But check your state laws
>>
get a 80% ar15 lower and go from there. no background check needed it'll take some work though. get a P.O box for smaller parts. place a lot of time in between orders and purchases
>>
No alternatives. However, you can still get antiques, cap and ball revolvers, 80% AR lowers and 80% 1911 frames, and if you're lucky you could buy a gun via private sale.

Or if you don't want to "illegally" own firearms then talk to a lawyer and see what you can do about that mental health thing.
>>
>>29830153
Pussy

Buy a 80% lower
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.