[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 152x152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 152x152
Alright, so kind of story time
>be me
>20
>in Wisconsin
>Find guy on armslist selling some stuff
>Savage Axis 30-06
>Super Comanche .45 Colt/.410 gauge
>contact him
>he tells me $380 for both

Fast forward
>waiting for him in local park
>he drives up
>shows me the guns
>bore on the comanche is kinda bad but it's a funny gun so I said alright.
>Savage is pristine
>asks if I'm 21
>"20"
>"ya gotta be 21 to buy handguns"
>explain how private sale works
>he requests to take a picture of my drivers license
>sells me the guns
>go home

First time buying off Armslist. Did I fuck up somehow? Should I have let him take a picture of my driver's license?
>>
>>29829121
Lolololololololololol
>>
RIP
>>
>>29829121
>he requests to take a picture of my drivers license

Enjoy your house being robbed and your identity theft
>>
>>29829121
Yeah, there's some odd people out there. In the future - First, middle, last name, phone number. If they say they "need" anything more then that, do a 360 and moonwalk away.

Private transfers don't require any documentation other then your name and (generally) a bill of sale. Anything more then that and it's odd as fuck.
>>
>>29829239
I knew it was weird, but he didn't seem to believe me when I said 20 year olds can buy handguns. I still have his number and email so if some of my stuff goes missing I have something to give the cops.
>>
>>29829121
He has your DL.

Yeah you're fucked m8
>>
He wasnt probably sure about it either so just took it for his own safety. I wouldnt worry about it. Atleast you have a gun if he comes for you right ?
>>
>>29829270
>I wouldnt worry about it.
Get out, skinwalker.
>>
>>29829270
He is a pretty normal looking dude. Kinda redneck, decent SUV, ripped pants, and a Glock hat. He was pretty knowledgable about guns but it's weird that he didn't know about the private sale thing.
>>
Protip in some states you literally cannot own a handgun under 21 at all
>>
If you're not aware there are scam artists who do this with certain items (especially guns because of the legality) and demand personal info, then they'll rob your house, take their guns back (plus probably a bunch of other stuff) and then rinse and repeat. So I'd be careful OP
>>
>>29829304
Wisconsin isn't one of them
>>
Next time, how about you show him the relevant "Revised Code of Wisconsin/Wisconsin Penal Code/Whatever the fuck it is in Wisconsin" instead of "explaining how it works" where I am sure you explained federal regulation in a dumbass way in no better detail than what you learned on 4chan
>>
>>29829323
That's what I'm worried about. He said he forgot to give me the .410 choke tube and he would mail it to me. That sounds both reasonable and shady as fuck. I just realized he asked me for my work schedule. That didn't register before. Oh fuck. I'm gonna get robbed aren't I? Fuck. I'm fucked.
>>
>>29829347
Wow.
>OP meets with a random dude off the street
>Allows him to copy his DL
>Tells him his work schedule

You'd better hope he's a good guy, OP, because it's pretty obvious you've never heard of opsec.
>>
>>29829323
Do I text him and confront him?
>>
>>29829347
If he asked that, then sorry to say but yes. Try contacting the police on SUSPICION (do NOT say he is going to rob you with out proper evidence as this can bring you into a world of trouble). Give them whatever info you have. But you should keep in mind that he possibly wanted your license/ address to mail you the part he forgot. Always the slim chance. On a brighter note, at least now you can defend your home from him when he comes through the back door
>>
>>29829373
No, I'd wait a week first and if nothing happens, just put your guns in a gun safe and forget about it
>>
>>29829407
Fuck. I already did. God dammit.
>>
File: images.jpg (23 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23 KB, 443x332
>>29829396
Hell be cumming through your back door if you're not careful.
>>
>>29829417
What'd you say? Maybe I can help, I'm pretty smooth with my words
>>
>>29829373
Worst idea possible.
Job schedule thing is very suspect. Hope your insurance is paid up!
>>
>>29829427
No reply yet
>>
>>29829417

You are, undoubtedly, too dumb to live. You do things without thinking first. Good shit.
Either don't go to work for a few days and stay home with your guns (will fail if he just decides to wait until you forgot about him), or just carry them with you 24/7. Can you hide a 30-06 on your pants? You might need to.
>>
He insisted that he is going to mail the choke tube. I guess I can wait it out and if he actually mails it, I'll have his address too.
God, I'm dumb.
>>
>>29829540
you could store your guns in your vehicle and ask your neighbors to keep an eye on your place
>>
>>29829121
nah, should be fine. he's trying to cover his ass. The only fuck up you did was not asking to take a picture of his drivers license. That way you are on even ground.
>>
>>29829121
No, that's fine. He's not gonna rob you because you have some info on him as well so it would at least make him a suspect. I've had people do that as well when buying shit privately in WI. It's fucking annoying how many gun owners don't even know the law while acting like they do.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.