[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help with this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Hey /k/ how ya doing. So I need some help, I'm a Pennsylvanian living in California at the moment. Been out here for several months for work and i'll be going home in several months. However me and some of my friends decided we want to go shooting problem is I don't have a gun.

How can I legally acquire a gun in the state of California when I am from Pennsylvania? I have friends here. Could I have him buy the gun and do a private party transaction? Please /k/ i've been looking for help online but the laws here are so fucking confusing.
>P.S. only looking to buy a Moist Nugget since it's just for a range day and I don't feel like dropping a shit load of cash on a bullet buttoned abomination of an AR
>>
bumping this thread.
>>
>>29828993
Just rent at the range and avoid the bullshit.
>>
>>29829556
by range day i meant private property so....
>>
>>29828993
>buy pre-1899 nugget
>ship it to your door

That applies to other rifles as well, if you want to get a Mauser or something.
>>
>>29829758
Are you saying i should buy it from Pennsylvania and have it shipped here?
>>
>>29829807
buy it from where ever it's legally not a firearm if it's that old. Hit up classic firearms and ask for an antique receiver m39. Probably have to pay a premium but it will only go up in value.
>>
>>29828993
Look on armslist in Nevada. Drive to NV buy a gun private sale. Done.
>>
OP why do you have to have the gun? don't know anyone else who already have one? Are all the friends non-Californians too? You can buy black powder firearms straight to your house if you have to since they are considered antiques

>>29829848
classic hasn't been looking at their m39 receivers at all and just sending them out even though they know they could charge a premium for antique ones. too much labor to go through one by one and they don't give a shit apparently.
>>
>>29829807
Firearms made before 1899 are exempt from the GCA of 68. Which means you can buy them and ship them anywhere like any other merchandise.
>>
>>29829891
so legally i could buy a m39 mosin in this state?
>>
>>29829909
only if it's an antique receiver (the 1899 thing). if it's just a normal curio and relic gun then you can't have it straight to your house
>>
>>29829909
If the receiver was made before 1899 you can ship it to your door and don't have to go through the bullshit 10 day waiting period.
>>
>>29828993
>only looking to buy a Moist Nugget since it's just for a range day and I don't feel like dropping a shit load of cash
Nuggets aren't cheap anymore, and 54R is expensive and only going to go up. They were never good.

Savage Axis 223, 308, 7mm-08, 270, 22-250, or 25-06
https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/savage%2Bxp?view=list&sort=price&dir=asc&title_only=0&hide_oos=1&show_oos=0

You're too late to get in on the milsurp meme. The best you can get is a beat up yugo mauser or a Type 53. If you're really lucky you can find a K31.
>>
>>29829948
I'm assuming he still has a PA license so no store is going to sell to him
>>
>>29828993
>Been out here for several months for work and i'll be going home in several months.
If you have a CA drivers license get fucked.
If you have a PA drivers license then get your parents to buy and mail you whatever firearm you want, you're still a PA resident.
>>
Okay guys, well thanks for all the advice /thread
>>
>>29829954
The only way OP is going to legally get a firearm without having to go through California bullshit is if he still has a PA license.

He can either:
A: have a PA resident sell him a firearm not defined as a "firearm" under 18 PA CS 6102 (mostly handguns)
B: go back to PA to buy guns
C: go to a nearby state to buy rifles or shotguns
>>
>>29830024
or get an 80% and finish it and get the other necessary parts
that sounds more attractive to me than most of the other options, actually. he can always send it to PA once he's done
>>
>>29830083
Not an option in CA, he'll have to manufacture it out of state. CA criminalizes unlicensed manufacture of firearms.

Of course, they'd have to prove OP made it in California.
>>
>>29830145
That must be one of those imaginary laws people in other states come up with.
>>
>>29830279
welp was thinking of pistols through the single shot exemption being axed

It's not like it won't be law soon enough. There's far crazier shit likely to pass, just check the daily gunnit politics thread.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.