[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's 1861. War has broken out between the Northern states
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 20
File: civwar.jpg (384 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
civwar.jpg
384 KB, 1600x900
It's 1861. War has broken out between the Northern states of the Union and the Southern states of the Confederacy. Both sides call out for volunteers to sign up for the military as soon as possible.

What do you?

Sign up with North? Go fight for the South? Or are you like those dirty Irish immigrants who keep on dodging the draft?
>>
>>29828720
sign with the north

i'm not a racist
>>
>>29828720
Run to California and live in Peace. Barring that, there's also Canada
>>
What's the most modern firearm that could be produced on 1860s machinery and metallurgy or without a serious overhaul of the gun industry of the time?
>>
>>29828720
join neither side
I´m not a faggot
>>
>>29828805

Do you mean build a one-off of or mass-produce?

Because given the time and plans, I'm sure the best gunsmith in America COULD build a infantry automatic weapon, but good fucking luck trying to mass produce it.
>>
>>29828852
not to mention ammunition
>>
File: 238075.jpg (287 KB, 2048x1216) Image search: [Google]
238075.jpg
287 KB, 2048x1216
>>29828764
in on winning side
>>
>>29828857
Yeah you'd need to know how to make smokeless powder as well
>>
>>29828720
Try to convince Lee to take command of the US army like he was offered so the war is over in 6 months instead of 4 years.
>>
Join the 69th NY and remove traitor
>>
>>29829034
With union loss.
>>
File: image:49841.jpg (35 KB, 922x172) Image search: [Google]
image:49841.jpg
35 KB, 922x172
>inb4 unionists and northern sympathizers and liberals
>>
File: loc0001-001.jpg (292 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
loc0001-001.jpg
292 KB, 600x400
Time to fuck Kansas up
>>
>>29828805
They could probably manage to make something like the Sten.

Though really the M1885 Remington Lee Navy would be a huge improvement and easy for the Union to mass produce.
>>
I turn to myself and become an bandit. If I make it to war's end take my plunder and start a new life in Texas.

Better odds of dying on my own terms instead of marching myself to death with hardtack and dysentery. Less chance of dying because my entire unit was outmaneuvered on a strategic level. Better odds of coming out ahead from the whole thing. Even less odds of having sore feelings when its all over because I picked the losing side.
>>
>>29828764
>>29829034
>>29829086

Holy fucking wow.

/k/ really is just a bunch of faggots.

I'm ashamed to share a hobby with you statist bootlicking shiteaters.
>>
Make a group of mercenaries that fights for themselves.

I'll call it...Outer Heaven.
>>
>>29828720
>draft dodging Irish
I know you are joking. So many Irish fought on both sides.
>>
>>29828720
>fight for the South, vote Whig
>let slavery work itself out, states rights and the Constitution win
>no Prohibition, no gun restrictions, muh rights
>>
File: Bloody Bill Anderson.jpg (48 KB, 442x561) Image search: [Google]
Bloody Bill Anderson.jpg
48 KB, 442x561
>>29828720
Go up to Missouri to fight with this beautiful bastard.
>>
>>29828720

Sign up with the Union and do my level best to cause a diplomatic incident with either the UK or France. Shooting some Canadians will help.

Only realistic chance the Confederacy has of ever winning and I doubt even the world's most skilled diplomat could convince the UK to join (and France won't come without them) with conventional means.
>>
>>29828720
Go to Grant and claim I'm from the future sent back to stop the horrible atrocities that will unfold if he wins.
>>
>All of the Confederate apologists about to come out of the woodwork

Most of you are just teenager edgelords who think "le great confederacy" and "le fuhrer" are awesome because they're historically the bad guy, but some of you people are legitimately fucked. Continue to live your lives in your little bubbles full of hatred.
>>
>>29829925

>Everybody should be free!
>Except those people who are owned as property, they don't get freedom.
>>
>>29829150
he's right, you colonials should never had rebelled against duly constituted authority.
>>
>>29829150

You are implying that the causes were the same. Wanting to separate because you don't like taxation is different than wanting to separate because you want to own human beings.
>>
>>29829925
I could sympathize with your cause if it wasn't about fucking slavery. Thanks to you faggots states' rights will forever be inseparable from it.
>>
>>29828775
>Run to California and live in Peace.

Nyet. Pro-Confederate and Pro-Union gangs fighting each other in the streets of San Francisco.
>>
>>29830104

What if I told you, that the right of the states to secede.... is derived of the right of the slave to be free?
>>
>>29830084

This. The colonists had benefitted from British protection for years and were somehow buttblasted when they had to actually contribute to the wellbeing of their country. The British had tried to levy plenty of taxes before and barely enforced any of them, and when they got sick of those ungrateful pieces of shit not pulling their weight they actually decided to enforce them. In response the Americans chimped out and rebelled, that's why half the population became loyalists, they knew that the """cause""" was totally fucked.
>>
>>29830183
Well then that just makes the Confederates and confederate sympathizers the biggest hypocrites in the nation, doesn't it?
>>
File: LiterallyinventedAmerica.png (54 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
LiterallyinventedAmerica.png
54 KB, 2000x1333
Marylandfag here; no idea which side to fight on. Probably fight against first side to commandeer supplies from my farm
>>
>>29830183

The only reason why they were seceding was so they could keep owning slaves. What's more disgusting is that selfish slave owners and Southern elites duped poor white people into dying by spoon feeding them some bullshit about freedom and state's rights.
>>
File: spoonman.jpg (343 KB, 1941x2653) Image search: [Google]
spoonman.jpg
343 KB, 1941x2653
>>29830198
>Well then that just makes the Confederates and confederate sympathizers the biggest hypocrites in the nation, doesn't it?

And what does it make the Union then? Perhaps all government without consent is based on flawed premises...
>>
File: lolimeys.png (620 KB, 1262x1005) Image search: [Google]
lolimeys.png
620 KB, 1262x1005
>>29830185
Good thing my ancestors rebelled then
>>
>>29830185
>tax people without giving them the political representation or constitutional protection you give yourself
>be surprised when they decide to go their own separate way

also

>implying the point of a colony isn't to use military force to milk money from a country
>>
>>29830231

Unless your reason for not consenting is based on the fact that said government won't let you own human beings. Just not consenting with something the government is doing isn't always justification for rebellion. I'm sure you could find a bunch of gangbangers and drug dealers who don't consent to shit the government does, that doesn't make their cause legitimate.
>>
>>29830261
>Unless your reason for not consenting is based on the fact that said government won't let you own human beings

Yes, but you forget individual rights exist. The power of government ultimately stems from those rights which are inherent to men. The politician who does not work in the service of the people is no better than the owner of chattel slaves.

>Just not consenting with something the government is doing isn't always justification for rebellion.

Really, anon? Does its power over me not stem from my consent to be governed?

>I'm sure you could find a bunch of gangbangers and drug dealers who don't consent to shit the government does, that doesn't make their cause legitimate.

Once again, it seems you forget individual rights exist. What matters not is there relationship to their government, but their relationship to other men.
>>
>>29830154
>its a "The civl war was just about slavery" post

Notice how most of the north states have shit gun laws while the south have god tier laws. You reap what you sow you Yankee faggots.
>>
>>29830212
>The only reason why they were seceding was so they could keep owning slaves.

Yes, and those slaves had as much a right to secede from a cruel and tyrannical master as did those states which hoped to keep them in bondage...
>>
>>29830242

>implying you couldn't have been part of a glorious union with Canada

We could have brought the filthy Mexicans to their knees.

>>29830257

>tax people without giving them the political representation or constitutional protection you give yourself

Actually nobody in Britain had constitutional protection, in fact the UK still doesn't have a written constitution. They have a common law system based on precedent, which already guaranteed basically all of the rights later outlined in the U.S. constitution. In addition the taxes that were being levied were there because the British had just spent large amounts of blood and money making sure America wasn't conquered by the French.

As for representation, not only would that have been logistically extremely difficult (how could MPs communicate with their constituents when it was a three month journey between England and America), but the colonies already had representatives who's job it was to bring the concerns of colonists to the attention of parliament.

>>implying the point of a colony isn't to use military force to milk money from a country

Depends on the kind of colony, with 19th century European colonies in Africa then you're correct, but America was a settler colony. The goal wasn't simply to extract resources, it was to expand the borders of Britain itself. The Americans were colonists, they weren't colonized the way the Indians or Native Americans or Africans were, there is a big difference.
>>
>>29828764
>Its a "the north was not racist" post

Its funny because Lincoln thought that blacks were below whites.
>>
>>29830362
>Its funny because Lincoln thought that blacks were below whites.

Fun fact: Lincoln was supported ( may have been a co-sponsor IDK) of a law in Illinois that allowed slave labor to be brought in from out of state for up to half a year at a time.
>>
>>29830212
>The only reason was slavery
>What is Protective Tariffs
>>
>>29830320

>individual rights
>inherent

Lol, just like the divine right of kings was inherent? Just like the right of Rome to rule the world? Rights are abstract constructions, completely made up. I'm a big supporter of individual rights and democratic government, but thinking they are inherent is just fantasy.

>Really, anon? Does its power over me not stem from my consent to be governed?

That's a much stickier situation that you seem to be aware of. For example, if there is an election, and the person who I didn't vote for wins, am I justified in rebelling against their rule? I didn't consent to be ruled by this person, therefore by your logic rebelling against them is justified. And yet this is how bloody civil wars break out in third world shitholes.
>>
>>29830362
People forget there was an entire political party with an anti-slavery and anti-black platform, and they almost wedged apart the two-party system(which already was well entrenched by then)
>>
>>29830422
>I'm a big supporter of individual rights and democratic government, but thinking they are inherent is just fantasy.

So you don't believe in individual rights then?

>if there is an election, and the person who I didn't vote for wins, am I justified in rebelling against their rule? I didn't consent to be ruled by this person, therefore by your logic rebelling against them is justified.

You are justified in throwing off any chains you did not take up yourself. Elections? A slave who chooses his master in a term of every four years is still a slave. What made you assume any resistance would be bloody. To aggress against other individual men unprovoked would be a violation of their rights.
>>
Sign on with the south because reasons.
>>
>>29828764
Liar
>>
Do I still have all that civil war knowledge I've been hoarding over the years?

If yes, I sign on with the south andntry my hardest to get into a position of power and change history.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qxEmry5lRKk
>>
Join the 7th Pennsylvania Cavalry and fuck and burn my way through the south with General Sherman.
>>
File: William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg (908 KB, 2364x3000) Image search: [Google]
William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg
908 KB, 2364x3000
>>29831083

same
>>
>>29828720
I probably would fight for my home state which would probably be Pennsylvania. So the Union
>>
>>29831020

I can't tell if that song is genuine or satire. Even as a Texan, the alternate reality spoken of in that song seems dystopian.
>>
Set out for the northwest. Live alongside Shoshone and Paiute.
>>
Lincoln was actually in favor of deporting the slaves after freeing them. If he wasn't assassinated, America would have half the african population it does today.
>>
>Or are you like those dirty Irish immigrants who keep on dodging the draft?

You are a dumb fucking idiot and ignorant to hell and back.
>>29828764
One of the reasons America is a shithole is precisely because of niggers. Racism is healthy and natural and you have serious mental and emotional problems if you would kill your own race over a misplaced sense of right and wrong.

>muh /pol/
Whatever make you feel better.
>>
>>29830323
It used to be the other way around precisely because of racism. White people simply ignored guns laws because they wouldn't be prosecuted while blacks and other minorities were virtually banned from owning guns.

Fuck you for making me write that you fucking nigger.
>>
>all these whites dying for blacks
What's funny and truly pathetic is that these Union cunts didn't want coons living up North after they were freed anyways. "We'll free you but we don't want you anywhere near us :)."
>>
Had the Confederacy won, the zionist USA would have never have gotten involved in European affairs and the world would be a vastly better place. Being a born and raised New Englander, I have had to listen to this bullshit my entire life about how noble coons are and how evil and "dumb" Southern whites are. These same Union supporting cunts went on to participate in brutal overseas imperialism and among other things so the brutalization of the Filipino people.
>>
>>29830390
>>29830426
He was going to send them all back to Africa too, John Wilks Booth ruined this country with a shitty pocket pistol and some Latin.
>>
blockade running in a lightly armed tea clipper would probably be the easiest way to make a profit from the war
>>
File: US Navy 1899.jpg (201 KB, 850x650) Image search: [Google]
US Navy 1899.jpg
201 KB, 850x650
I join the Navy to fuck up the days of guys like this >>29835297
>>
>>29828720
My home in Dixie is being invaded by a mercenary swarm. I'll die defending it.
>>
>>29836270

You'll fight for no pay?
>>
>>29836236

>a union frigate or sloop catching an extreme clipper with the wind in its sails

can't sink what you can't catch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX7zPlQjAr8
>>
>>29834877
That's why darkie removed hat, so he could sit around not doin nutin.
>>
File: Scalped_Morrison.jpg (156 KB, 855x576) Image search: [Google]
Scalped_Morrison.jpg
156 KB, 855x576
I would go west and get scalped by injuns.
>>
the civil war was not about slavery, it was about states rights and taxation. lincoln tried to increase support from the northern liberal states by claiming he will free the slaves.
>>
>>29836818
it was about the federal government finally making it common knowledge that the articles of confederation no longer applied and the states have no rights compared to the federal unionized government. effectively killing off the form of governance that the united states was truly founded on.
>>
>>29836818
also slavery
>>
>>29829034
Lee wasn't even the overall commander in the beginning. Iirc it was Johnston. Lee only took over when Johnston was wounded. Also, Lee's record in the beginning of the war was not so hot.
>>
>>29828720
>Or are you like those dirty Irish immigrants who keep on dodging the draft?
:(
>>
>>29829207
or beeter yet some mosin.
>>
>>29828720
Start my own faction that would attempt to sabotage both armies so that political resolution could be reached that would preserve both the union and state's rights.
>>
File: newfangledcavalry.jpg (128 KB, 1136x852) Image search: [Google]
newfangledcavalry.jpg
128 KB, 1136x852
>>29828720

Hey its roger posting from my thinkpad edge e530c

a lot of time when i come on /k/ i am hoping that we'll have a chance to discuss important issues like whose fault was the civil war really. thank goodness 4 this thread. i have been mutating on this a lot lately due to having scene (spoiler alert) captian america: its a civil war before it hit theaters (no big deal). anyway being something of a civil war bluff i have a lot of knowledge on this and will educate u a little

there is one thing we have to get out of the way. black people dont thank white people enough for winning the civil war. i can count the times on one hand a black person has stopped me in the street and said "thank you sir for freeing my people". it sort of shows you how all this t-pain, ice-t, trey songz and pusha-t and other influences have really deflamed the black culture. but god you call one person a porch sitter and u get more attention then a under 200lb girl at a ron paul rally

so first lets look at the arguments. the northerners say theire good because they wanted to help free the salves. this seems like a good idea until u look at it critically (this is my specialty) its very unscientific. i.e. how do you know there is global warming when nobody even understands the human eye? the northerners didnt really know if slavery was good or bad for black people, or if they were happy or sad, and this is a typical example of "white privilege" and "cultural appropriate"- just assuming you know whats best. aka statism

then theres the south. there argument is basically that they didnt racism they just didnt want the federal government telling them how to produce the materials they then transported and sold all around the country. just between u and me they just like to be different - thats why NASCART, snake-based cults, and the watermelon crawl exist. but their also not good at winning wars without intellectual northerners from west point etc. to lead them.

its really pretty simpl
>>
>>29837586

THANKS ROGER, BETTY WANTS TO BRING COLE SLAW TO THE COOKOUT
>>
File: Battle of Puebla.png (2 MB, 1383x772) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Puebla.png
2 MB, 1383x772
>>29828720
I'd go fight the French down in Mexico.
>>
>>29830066
>implying niggers are "persons"
>>
>>29828720
Sign up with the confederate army with my friends because thats how it would be. Get my griswald and whistle dixie while we murder those union bastards for trying to fuck with our way of life. Seriously though fuck the north because they always want to shove their shitty ideals down the souths throat instead of just letting us do our thing. We dont bother you, you come down here and start shit.
>>
>>29839356
Fucking carpet baggers, am I right?
>>
>>29839421
Seriously, its the same now as it was then. They just cant keep their ideals and traditions up there and we keep ours down here. The US is a huge country. There is enough room for everyone. Most of us speak english and thats fine enough. Why go and try to change the way people do things unless it is seriously harmful which slavery wasnt. It was wrong, but there were other ways of going about abolishing it without fucking up huge parts of the country and killing kids who were just fighting for their way of life.
>>
>>29828720
Start my own side, with blackjack...and hookers.
Actually, I'm not going to even bother fighting anyone.
>>
>>29829993
For a split second I thought that was Che Guevara.
>>
>>29839476
You'd be hard pressed to find a feasible argument against those words.
>>
>>29830323
Michigan, Montana, and Wyoming have good gun laws.
>>
hell i thought it was 1861 again with all the north vs. south shit...try to keep the autism to a minimum lads.
>>
File: ag.png (134 KB, 431x344) Image search: [Google]
ag.png
134 KB, 431x344
>>29828720
negro please
>>
>>29829984
underrated post
>>
>>29828720
Join the south, i took the red pill at birth and know the truth

Spend the war either trying to kill Sherman or terrorizing him.
>>
>>29830352
If the colonists hadn't rebelled, what would have protected them from being treated just like Ireland in the 19th century?
>>
>>29828720
If I'm still physically in Washington Territory I'll ignore all those dumb fucks back east and continue doing my own thing in the woods.
>>
Join the South
>>
File: 1329007749662s.jpg (8 KB, 218x251) Image search: [Google]
1329007749662s.jpg
8 KB, 218x251
Join the south, Engage in guerrilla warfare.

>Has nothing to to with racism
>Learn your history
>>
>>29830034
>>
>>29835186
the original SJWs
>>
>>29828720
Assuming the location of my birth, and my personality and experiences are still valid, I join Jackson or Stuart and probably die horribly for a lost cause that I don't necessarily agree with. But its my state, right or wrong, dammit.
>>
>>29831083
>This

You can bitch and whine about race for ages, but at the end of the day only the Union Army got to have this fun.
>>
Join the Union Army because muh ancestors, muh Glory, and muh Grant and Sherman.

Also, as if it needed to be said:

"You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it … Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth — right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail."
>>
>>29828720
>dirty Irish immigrants who keep on dodging the draft?

A third of the Union Army was comprised of immigrants.
>>
>>29835162
>>>pol

fuck off, faggot neonazi, you aren't wanted here
>>
>>29839708
And Indiana, which contributed quite significantly to the Union's war effort.
>>
>>29837023
If this is true, why didn't the South preemptively free the slaves so the North couldn't control the dialogue and paint that narrative? Imagine how worthless the Emancipation Proclamation would be then.
>>
File: union feels.png (657 KB, 600x473) Image search: [Google]
union feels.png
657 KB, 600x473
>>29828720

Sign up for the Union as a soldier who doesn't give a shit about niggers, but wants to fight because of my hatred of the Confederate traitors and the shitty demonic Democratic Party.

I'll jine the cavalry if only I am allowed to command as an officer. As an officer, I would tell my troops to fight dirty like the enemy, and use multiple revolvers or repeating rifles from horse back. Sabres are last resort. The Napoleonic days are over. It's all about firepower.

If not then I'll have to go infantry. Which will probably suck ass. US Sharpshooter is the only way to go for infantry though.
>>
>>29829167

Missouri got fucked up way more.
>>
>>29829993

That'll be like joining a nigger gang. Literally they behaved like complete niggers to the point R E Lee didn't like them either.
>>
>>29837586

They had high profiles, but I assume an M4 Sherman must have been a ball to drive around on a French battlefield.
>>
>>29828720
1) prematurely invent the m16.
2) kill all the niggers
3) kill all the jews
4) use superior firepower to start the movement to build whitetopia 72 years ahead of schedule.
>>
>>29839356

You fired on our fort right after bitching to the Federal government for assistance on fugitive slave laws. Shut up and take it.
>>
Guys what if

Just hear me out

What if we

Just hear this one

What if we

Armed both sides with

Get ready for it

Mosins nagants and endless supply of surplus ammo!
>>
>>29828720
>or are you like those dirty Irish immigrants who keep on dodging the draft?

Things that never happened
>>
>America is ripped apart by political squabbling
>send agents to cities to preach to the Irish to stop laying their brothers to rest in a foreign land for foreign interests
>rally them all under the harp banner
>march south
>rekindle the flame of Mexico
>establish Papal State
>work to further destabilize America
>potato and tortillas from sea to shining sea
>>
>>29843938

They shoot at a greater range with a higher rate of fire.

Napoleonics would be out the window surely.
>>
>>29836750

Why is that guy just lying there?
>>
Fuck you all join the south to kill damm fucking Yankees also keep the great chimp out from happing
>>
>>29829925

this
>>
>>29830323
Just wait. All the black folks are moving south again.
>>
Invade mexico. Start my own country.

Allow slavery.
>>
>>29844186
This.

But only enslave Slavs and Asians.
>>
>>29828720
Bet it all on the side I don't want to win. Either I fix the country or am now rich as fuck.
>>
>>29839476
>Unless its seriously harmful, which slavery isnt

Pretty sure if you were a nigger in those times you would change your mind pretty goddamn quick. Southerners always blow my mind..
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.