[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when internet gun sales were kilt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 200x200
South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax - PCWorld
https://apple.news/AIEMxp7tBPFGkT1Prorb9pw

Dunzo
>>
brick and mortar stores are still going to get their shit kicked because online warehouses have much less overhead costs.
>>
>>29828521
Jesus fuck. South Dakota just decided to piss on everybody huh.

What a bunch of faggots. Somehow I doubt shit like this will move forward. It affects too many big companies, their financial backers and even their own citizens. It would be pretty funny if people just stopped selling to people there though.
>>
>>29828521
>Poll Taxes
SSDD
>>
>>29828622
This. Everyone loves that there is no tax, and theoretically there are too many loopholes to make it anything other than a federal tax reliably. It's all dumb, there is no way it'll happen.
>>
>>29828547
I run a small gun store (mostly a pawn shop but that isnt /k/ related) and normally my sale price can be within 2-3% of the online sales. Sales tax is what rapes me.
>>
>>29828916
Shipping costs are what make online sales tough sometimes. That and FFL fees.
>>
>>29829060
I only charge $10 for a transfer so I am kinda shooting myself in the foot. But whatever I figure if nothing else it allows me to see some neat guns
>>
>>29828916
for guns that's because there's low margins
"normal" items have a lot more wiggle room
like how much do you buy your accessories for and sell them for?
>>
>>29829074
I dont fuck with acessories, Like I said 75% of my income comes from the pawning side of business. I just focus on having a large selection of firearms at fairly low prices. We have the lowest prices within 50 miles of where I live the biggest problem is nobody knows about us.
>>
I'm from South Dakota.

It won't pass.
>>
>>29829072
Lowest by me is 35. You're charging waaaaay under market but I'd buy lots of ammo from you
>>
>>29829585
Everyone in my area charges 35 plus for a transfer, the place I go to charges 20 and is a small shop
>>
>>29828521
>Live in Washington
>FFL already collects state sales tax when you pick up your gun
It's really not the worst thing, still cheaper to buy online in most cases.

Then again we're also not getting cucked by state income tax so it kind of balances out.
>>
>>29829173
This.

>SiouxFallsfag
>>
>>29830064
CA here. Same story. Still pay tax, still often cheaper than the store, even with the bullshit fees on top. Basically we're taxed twice.
>>
>>29828521
V/
>>
>>29830148
Wtf? How is this legal?
>>
>>29830064
This.

Not the end of the world. Bin dun befo.
>>
Hahahah come to New York and you will realize this shit is nothing.
Fuck j can't even buy ammo online.
Can't have over 10 round mags
And if I want a handgun it takes 8 months to get it and another 5 years to get an actual carry permit not just a sporting and hunting permit
>>
File: 0XBO8v2.png (527 KB, 494x594) Image search: [Google]
0XBO8v2.png
527 KB, 494x594
No sales tax here in Delaware anyway so Fuck it.
>>
>>29828521
It's impossible to enforce and no retailer will.
>>
>>29829072
Fuck, I'd use you all the time if I lived there.

The lowest in my town 25.
>>
>>29832115
I would fucking kill for a 10 dollar transfer fee
>>
>>29830768
>mfw inna NY
>mfw it took 6 months to get my pistol permit
>mfw it's an unrestricted permit by default

Glorious western NY
>>
>>29830768
Only 8 months? What county are you in?
>>
>>29832371
>what country are you in
fix'd that for u

if you live in NY or NJ, fucking move back to america or stop complaining
>>
>>29830130
Muh nigguh.
Construction on Minnesota fucked me up.
>>
>>29832104
>impossible to enforce

Tell that to an FFL in WA
>>
>state regulating state taxes across state lines

Lolno

Literally nothing

I am surprised it is a pissant state like SD too, not some high and might faggots from California or New York

Even if it does pass, won't even have to go to Supreme Court. Other courts say no, too bad, been dun befo see previous ruling and go fuck yourself
>>
>>29833164
Protip the "taxable value" of the firearm is literally a handwritten amount dumbass
>>
>>29833176
I'm aware of this. However you can't sales tax zero dollars.
>>
>>29829134
What state are you in?
>>
>>29833198
You're right, but when you consider it isn't particularly difficult to fudge numbers here and there, that pretty quickly adds up. Now across the whole country? Institutional diffusion of responsibility when it comes to compliance and enforcement? Lol

What is going to happen? SD tax weenies gonna go kick down the door of classicfirearms and demand their sales tax? IRS doesn't give a fuck, literally has nothing to do with federal monies fo dem programs
>>
>>29829134
If you got any antiques holla at yo boy.

Also you should open up a webstore, think Simpson started out that way and now they have the biggest collection of Lugers in the US
>>
>>29828521
Nevada already does this
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.