[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bowie Knife Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
Hey, I don't really come to /k/ so I'm not really sure if this is appropriate, however...

I found this knife for sale on facebook and I'm interested in buying it, but I have no idea what brand it is, what kind of steel has been used, etc. The bloke selling it said he got it on ebay for $210AUD and doesn't know anything else about it. He's selling it for $80AUD.

Does anybody recognise the blade enough to tell me who made it or what sort of quality I can expect?
>>
Here's another photo of the knife.
>>
>>29828011
well it's made in pakistan or china and the blade shape is all fucked up.
but if you like it whatever, $80aus is less than a new video game...
>>
>>29828011
>>29828020
that recurve is going to be a bitch to sharpen and the tang looks way too small in comparison to the rest of the blade, it may tickle your fancy but probably wont be that great of knife for anything more than light use
>>
>>29828274
This. Those paki pattern welded blades are a dime a dozen at gun shows.

No better than junk from China. They may be hand made, but that doesn't mean good.
>>
>>29828274
>>29828317
>>29828572

He paid $210 for it originally. Does that sound about right for a Pakistani knife like you're saying? I agree the tang looks pretty small and that's what prompted me to come here and ask you guys. Will it really be an issue? Do you think it's worth $80?
>>
>>29828800
In all sincerity it is worth what you are willing to pay for it. What are you going to use it for? belt decoration? anything more than that it would be a waste. i see similar stuff at flea markets for $10-20USD
>>
>>29828800
$20 American, $30 at most.
>>
>>29828800
You should save your money and get something from a reputable company

The Ontario sp10 is pretty cool and not that expensive, if you like the antler handle look you can take the rubber handle off and put stag on it then strip the paint off the blade

Its basically a v44 bowie if you are familiar with those
>>
File: Speed Bowie.jpg (111 KB, 725x480) Image search: [Google]
Speed Bowie.jpg
111 KB, 725x480
>>29828011
>what sort of quality I can expect?
when dealing with knives function>form
pic related is condor speed bowie
>>
File: SOGCD01a.jpg (48 KB, 1500x686) Image search: [Google]
SOGCD01a.jpg
48 KB, 1500x686
>>29828816
>>29828845
>>29828847

I've been thinking about getting a SOG Creed for about $200 or so, but this one popped up for less than half that so I thought I'd check it out. You guys would say to definitely go with my first idea and get the more expensive one? I plan on having it stitched to the inside of my leather motorbike jacket a la Crocodile Dundee with buttons so I can take it off and store it in the back of my bike. I guess the idea is that I'll have it as an emergency, general purpose blade.
>>
File: 20131213_220028.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20131213_220028.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>$80AUS for what's probably a mystery Paki knife

Unless the exchange rate from dollarydoos to real dollars is like 5:1 this is a bad deal.

Either the guy selling this is lying or retarded.

I literally bought a cheap shitty Pakistani Bowie Knife off Amazon for $15US. It's actually pretty nice for what it is, though I'm sure the steel is garbage, it's a fun fuck-around knife.
>>
>>29828930
Yeah that will be a much better investment than a Facebook mystery knife. Plus the (grip) handle will do better in wetter or more humid climates than a real or plastic stag handle.
>>
>>29828974
I think I might offer him $25 for it and if he agrees, fantastic, if not, I'll go with the SOG.
>>
>>29828979
Sounds like a good plan, even 30-35 if you like the look, the bigger ones are a little more expensive

>>29828948
Your hands look very soft, I bet you give a wonderful hand job
>>
>>29829065
>Your hands look very soft
You'd be surprised. I've worked in either kitchens or manual labor for the last 5 years.

>I bet you give a wonderful hand job
My hands are too big. Makes dudes self-conscious :^)
>That knife has an 11" blade, for reference.
>>
>>29828011
I saw this knife on some etsy website for 119 dollars. It had some pretty good reviews, so assuming that it's still in good condition, you're getting a good deal.
>>
Pakistani garbage. Dont buy it.
>>
>>29828909
This is a proper knife that is made of a steel you know, full tang, sharp as fuck and has a reputable warranty.

What op is buying is garage sale tier pakistani "hand made" spot welded, cheap, 440a crap

If youre thinking about a wallhanger ? then maybe, its not for any actual use.
>>
>>29828800
I've got a genyooooine Damascus Bowie knife here for the low low price of $100. It's a steal! I paid $750!

See how easy it is to feed bullshit to a potential customer?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.