[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about Buying my first AR ~$800. Trying to choose between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1000x700
Thinking about Buying my first AR ~$800.
Trying to choose between Ruger ar-556 or M&P15 Sport II but haven't fired either yet. Any recommendations?

Any recomendations
>>
For that price you could build a better rifle than those and have money for either a decent optic or some mags and ammo...
>>
>>29825814
Both are excellent. Buy whichever one appeals to you ergonomically and aesthetically.
>>
I liked the ar556 but then I assembled a lower and bought a PSA upper for less with better quality parts
>>
If you just want something pre-assembled off the shelf it's hard to beat either choice.

Can be had on buds for well under $800 i would imagine.
>>
Paid 799.00 for a Colt LE6920 on gunbuyer some time ago. Check there.
>>
>>29825814
AR556s are fine, but $800 is too much. I was at a gun show a couple weeks ago and there were 3 for $699.
>>
>>29825814
60$ for stripped lower
400$ psa rifle kit free shipping
20$ carry handle sight
13$ for magpul mags

Carry handle sight is the only sight, pop ups are gay
Also you'll save enough money shooting steel case to buy a competley new upper
When it wears out
>>
File: PA-15.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
PA-15.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Well, here's my first AR story. I turned 18 in June of last year and immediately set out to find a decent AR, I found a "used" Palmetto State PA-15 and it has been my baby ever since. The guy lived in one of the most liberal cities in NC and didn't own any land to shoot it on. <100 rounds through it when I got it (Pic related)
HOWEVER- When I got the thing it had standard A2 Handgaurds, and a basic pos ATI stock. I paid $600 for it, but if you take into account how much money I had to put into it so I could get it where I wanted, I could've had a much nicer rifle.

Rifle Itself +600
+Midwest Industries 2 Piece Drop in Rail +160
+Magpul MOE Pistol Grip +20
+Magpul MOE I Stock +80
+Magpul Angled Foregrip +20

(I'm also planning on adding a Nickel-Boron BCG, so add another +150 prolly)

Roughly 1,000 I've put into this gun to get it where I wanted, My advice would be to take your time and build. Plus, I now have an asston of AR parts and nothing to do with them.
>>
>>29826167
You can buy a magpul rifle kit from psa, besides he's obviously going on price
>>
>>29825814
I got a nearly NIB PSA AR15 with Magpul furniture for $650 from Armslist. It doesn't hurt to check out online stuff so long as you are willing to say no to a pushy or sketchy seller.
>>
>>29825814
ARs are shit

get an AK
>>
>>29826317
AK's are shit. Get an AR with an piston upper chambered in 7.62x39.
>>
>>29825814
I bought a sport 2 this weekend, got it for 650 with the magpul flip up rear sight. I like it alot, it doesn't have a milspec barrel but I don't really care.
>>
>>29826164
>pop ups are gay
Youre gay
Also, all of the stripped lowers near me are at least $75
>>
>>29826164
>, pop ups are gay
kek
>>
>>29825814
Either really. If it is your first ignore the shit about building one for now. Buy it, take it to the range. Shoot the fuck out of it. Figure out what you like and dont like. Do some research, THEN build a new one.

For example I bought a sport II as well. Had no issues with it. Put about 1000 rounds through it, decided there was a bunch of shit I didn't like, built a sexy new upper for about $600. Then a few months later built a sexy new lower for about $300. Now I have 2 rifles and my sexy one only cost a few hundred more than the Sport and It has everything I want in my rifle.
>>
At $800, bcm/PSA combo master race. Do it OP
>>
Look into Aero as well, everyone seems to hold them in high regard.
>>
They are literally the same rifles
Except Sport II is cheaper and not Ruger shit
>>
>>29826953
>They are literally the same rifles
hello no guns.gif
>>
>>29826953
theres a bunch of functionally identical but propritary parts on the ruger
>>
>>29826770
>>29826784
He's right you queers
>paying more for a less stable cut up carry handle
You make me sick
>>
>>29827047
sorry, some of us can afford optics
>>
>>29826981
They are
It's just the branding that differs
>>
>>29826167
What rear sight is that?
>>
>>29826953
>literally the same but different
>>
>>29827052
>putting optics on a budget ar
Kek
>>
>>29826167
Well you could have saved money by not buying a quad rail that you're only putting a grip on. Stick with the A2 handguard and there almost $200 saved.
>>
>>29826317
(you)
>>
>>29826164

>Carry handle sight is the only sight, pop ups are gay

Oh boy having to spend even more money in the future when he gets an optic so he can retain irons.
>>
>>29828612
> spending more money in the future when he decides to suck cock and get an opitic
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.