[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were in charge of all British forces, how would you fight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
You are allowed an outcome other than total victory (i.e a political settlement), provided it's not a complete British defeat.
>>
>Brofist libertarian revolutionaries
>Put my name on Declaration of Independence
>Tell London to chill
>Enjoy muh guns and muh rights and muh frontier
>Implying this isn't a victory
>>
>>29826056
first post = best post.
>>
Prevent france from providing military aid to the rebels

Divert resources from other colonies

Invent the machine gun
>>
fuck bitches, get colonies
>>
>>29826357
Thereby bankrupting the empire.
>>
>>29825720
Rebel.
>>
>Give them what they want
>Revoke taxing them as much
>Rebuild strenth from slapping Napolean
>Give 50 years to rearm, reequip and retrain
>Go back in and reclaim the colonies
>Begin with espionage, spies and all that stuff.
>Assasinate Thomas Payne

Way to win, but fuck that why would we want the US to not exist? It's much better than the UK.
Former Britbong, now soon to be Americlap
>>
Nukes
>>
>>29826581
>Former Britbong, now soon to be Americlap
I can't wait till trump is elected and bans Muslims from coming here.
>>
File: fassburton.jpg (75 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
fassburton.jpg
75 KB, 1024x683
>>29826620
>White

>Northern England
>About to enlist in the USAF
>Wife nominated Trump
>Fucking loving it
>>
>>29825720
Just do an Early Boer War Anti-Guerilla\revolution tactic and throw everyone and their mothers into a Britbong Concentration camp.
>>
Win on the battlefield, but continue to put out olive branches.

Engage the Continental Army away from populated areas, where it can't summon masses of militia easily. It will also reduce civilian casualties.

Also I would reform my supply chain.

The overall objective to is keep anti-British sentiment contained, and force a political solution by defeating the Continental Army.

The only way to keep America firmly in the British Empire will be to seriously address Colonial grievances.
>>
Let Washington fuck my wife.
>>
File: tumblr_npy9ho8E0P1uy5d8ko1_500.png (251 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npy9ho8E0P1uy5d8ko1_500.png
251 KB, 500x280
Post-script: I would also make heavy use of spycraft. Compromise the Colonials from within, and obtain information superiority.
>>
>>29825720

>tfw you know John Andre is going to die soon and Peggy Shippen is going to be stuck with Benedict Arnold
>>
>>29825720
>>29827832
>>29827892

if you're posting this because you've gotten into that show "turn" you should check out "revolution" with pacino and "last of the mohicans" (F&I, I know).

It's a shame we dont have more quality rev war films.

>inb4 the patriot

its shit
>>
File: laughing_old_man.jpg (91 KB, 425x300) Image search: [Google]
laughing_old_man.jpg
91 KB, 425x300
>>29827972
You mean this face?
>>
File: tumblr_n54rq93gAN1tygvn9o2_250.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n54rq93gAN1tygvn9o2_250.gif
2 MB, 245x245
>>29827989

Speaking as an American, it's because we have a tendency to make the redcoats into caricatures.

Heck I think Major Hewlett is the first redcoat character I've seen who is an actual human being.
>>
>>29827832
>The overall objective to is keep anti-British sentiment contained
This
Initially there was more support for the crown but they quickly threw it away by being so heavy handed against everyone rather than focusing on dealing with the actual revolutionaries
>>
>>29828068
I like Hewlett a lot. He's fun.

Although I also enjoy Simcoe, even though you're obviously not supposed to. Sly ol' fox.
>>
>>29828068

I havent watched turn, I do rev war brit reenacting, I'm worried the historical accuracy of it might trigger my autism.

That said they look like they're doing a great job with uniforms so looks like it might be worth a shot.
>>
>>29827832
>The only way to keep America firmly in the British Empire will be to seriously address Colonial grievances.

like how the brits kept India and Ireland?
>>
>>29828093

The great thing about Hewlett is that even his faults are endearing because they're balanced out.

He's embarassing at times, but a genuinely good man. He's stuffy, but reasonable. He's naive, but adaptable. And he is capable of feeling both love and hate.

Plus he's the first British redcoat I've ever seen who is murderously at odds with another one.
>>
>>29828137

Neither India or Ireland were settled by British colonists.
>>
File: robert rogers.jpg (30 KB, 510x715) Image search: [Google]
robert rogers.jpg
30 KB, 510x715
I'm incredibly asspained we never saw Robert Rogers capture Nathan Hale, hell, Rogers in general is criminally underutilized.
>>
Prevent Americans from taking the Saratoga
>>
>>29828181
Ireland. Colonised by the people who were themselves colonised by wankers.

Feels bad.
>>
>>29828256

Yes, but the Irish don't think of themselves as English. A lot of Americans did think of themselves as English even at the start of the Revolutionary War.

American independence could have happened much later in its history, after World War II most likely.
>>
>>29825720
By not fighting it.
>>
>>29828134
Couldn't hurt to watch an episode. The costumes are actually quite good and the characters are based on real people. I enjoy it much more than I expected to.
>>
>>29827832
>>29827892

Oh shit. I completely forgot about this show. Is it still on?
>>
>>29828168
(Spoilers)

I really started to like him after he and Simcoe firmly came to odds. That doubled with the episode where he talks about his fondness for astronomy and his desire to be an astronomer. And it got even better when he stuck Simcoe like a dog, ran innawoods, and made his way back to civilization like that badass that he didn't know he was.
>>
>>29828595
Season 3 just came out, 2 episodes in
>>
File: John_Graves_Simcoe_in-universe.jpg (101 KB, 616x658) Image search: [Google]
John_Graves_Simcoe_in-universe.jpg
101 KB, 616x658
>>29828600

That has been the most interesting dynamic of the show.

Brit against Brit.

Both Simcoe and Hewlett are hell-bent on destroying one another.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.