[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ommandoGewehr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: kommandogewehr.png (57 KB, 695x579) Image search: [Google]
kommandogewehr.png
57 KB, 695x579
Is this at all feasible?
Essentially an AR-platform that you can build at home.

But big emphasis on Build At Home

I don't know much about making guns, but why aren't the exact same fire control groups used in every gun out there, and unless you're going for accuracy, why aren't blow backs used for reliability?

Can someone with firearm knowledge please explain this
>>
>>29822907
A straight blowback with full sized cartridges sounds like a bad idea.
>>
>>29822913
I'm just seeing a big hunk of metal wobbling back and forth, sounds like an ergonomacists nightmare, sure but what's wrong?
>>
How many people here actually know enough about guns to talk about this subject in depth?
>>
>>29822963
I'd be worried about the excess gas in the chamber blowing back and hurting something/someone

That's why roller delayed blowback is used on the G3 instead of straight blowback IIRC. Just doing that makes it much harder to design
>>
>>29822979
I figure that could be shielded away, as the alternative is orders of magnitude more difficult for the backyard gunsmith
>>
>>29823061
Ah but i see now, just like if you spray a blast of compressed air into a complex oily component. you can't really shield that entirely away as it's just gonna spray crap and hot shit everywhere.
>>
>>29822979
>>29823061
>>29823069
Okay, but these aint terminal problems to the firearm. It's gonna be a load of hot oily noisy mess, but it should still be able to put a piece of leade downrange rather nicely and in a reasonably controlled manner.
>>
>>29823076
I wonder if making a short stroke system would be that much harder.
>>
>>29823069

Just wear goggles, mate.
>>
File: 1461464105146.jpg (388 KB, 497x830) Image search: [Google]
1461464105146.jpg
388 KB, 497x830
>>29822963
>direct blowback .308 requires 20lb bolt to not glocknade
>but what's wrong?
>>
>>29823511
Wait, where'd you get that figure from?
>>
The only way you're convincing me to fire a blowback rifle is resurrecting the .345 WSLR round that was going in the Winchester Machine Rifle.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.