[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do wehraboos and popcult militaryfags in general jerk off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1462268960487[1].jpg (138 KB, 600x711) Image search: [Google]
1462268960487[1].jpg
138 KB, 600x711
Why do wehraboos and popcult militaryfags in general jerk off to Erwin Rommel, but nobody gives much credence to the real Axis military genius, General Guderian
>>
>go to wiki
>ctrl f
>type: defeat
>18 words found

yeah fucking "genius"
>>
>>29822839
He was a good guy and theorical, but compared to Rommel, he ended not doing much in the war, as he was soon called out from command and become panzer inspector.
>>
>>29822839
he was part of group that tried to kill hitler

so people try to glorify him as one of the good nazis
>>
The movie "Patton" includes a big section on Rommel.
>>
Schneller Heinz ist Gott.
>>
File: 220px-VHube.jpg (16 KB, 220x351) Image search: [Google]
220px-VHube.jpg
16 KB, 220x351
>>29822903
Han-Valentin Hube, "the humane one" worked with him alot and was good at retreating, getting men out of Italy and Hube's pocket. Probably not the best but he was able to save alot of men and allow Germany to draw out the war. "Cross of Iron" takes place in Hube's pocket. I got this all from Wikipedia, so correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>29825724
Doesn't Cross of Iron take part in the Kuban bridgehead?
>>
Because Rommel was a cutie
>>
>>29822839
I've read that book too.

Yeah he pretty much single handedly build up Germany's panzer forces ground up despite much resistance. But Rommel's ability to fight despite no supplies, no air support, and being out numbered by a superior force* Logistically.

Rommel was also remembered as true leader, some one that cared for each and every one of his soldier.

He even stayed in Africa to support his troops with his command despite being critically ill for more than three months till he was near death, and was sent to Germany to recover.
>>
File: Model.jpg (34 KB, 557x765) Image search: [Google]
Model.jpg
34 KB, 557x765
Model was the best German general, but because he died in the war he didn't get to churn out bullshit memoirs about how he was totes going to win the war before poopyhead Hitler stopped him and he really wasn't into the Nazi thing.
>>
>>29826442
WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIS FAAAAACE
>>
>>29822851

Only finds 4 for me.

And most of those refer to the strategic defeat at Moscow.
>>
Hey /k/, it's me, Field Marshal von Manstein, aka best military mind of the 20th century.

I only managed to do in 1 month what Schlieffen couldn't do in 4 years, take Paris
>>
>>29826556

He's wearing a monocle
>>
>>29826743
>Erich "Blame Hitler for Everything" von Manstein
>good
>>
Molotov'ed his tanks in Tula
>>
>>29822839
Can you like stop worshipping nazis???
>>
File: Manstein.jpg (151 KB, 593x798) Image search: [Google]
Manstein.jpg
151 KB, 593x798
>>29822839
Guderian was great at the strategic level, Manstein was amazing at making do with the horrible logistics the Germans had at a theater wide level

>>29827258
when you start working for the bundeswehr you gotta dump the political baggage of the previous government.

It was a political move, nothing more.
>>
>>29825956
it does, but didn't the escape from Hube's pocket put them at the Kuban bridgehead? I'll have to research some more
>>
>>29822839

He looks exactly like Paul Newman.
>>
>>29827368
>conveniently "forgetting" every major failure that can't be attributed to Hitler in some way in his memoirs
>political move
He's the embodiment of everything wrong with the Prussian mindset that fucked them in the first world war. He's more concerned with a personal ego and legacy than the truth, and the blaming Hitler for everything that went wrong is just a convenient way to cover up his own incompetence. People like him are the very reason Hitler was so paranoid in the first place - he could be sure that any competent officer he put into power was going to be just as concerned with their ego as they were with winning.
>>
>>29827396
No. The Kuban bridgehead was at the crossing from the crimea to the caucasus region of the USSR. It got evacuated during the October 1943, while the wandering cauldron of Hube was in March 1943 near Kamenez Podolsk in the Ukraine.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.