[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't mind me, greatest general of the 20th century coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Vo Nguyen Giap.jpg (89 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Vo Nguyen Giap.jpg
89 KB, 600x400
Don't mind me, greatest general of the 20th century coming through.
>>
>>29821777
Guys everyone knows it's MacArthur. He's the reason WWII was won
>>
>>29821805
Uhh, I think you mean Eisenhower.
>>
>>29821777
>LeMay
>>
File: 1444778529228.jpg (40 KB, 561x566) Image search: [Google]
1444778529228.jpg
40 KB, 561x566
>>29821805
I'll admit it, you triggered me.
>>
>>29822366
No, my dad's a marine and he said MacArthur is the reason we won and he's the best.
>>
>>29822407
>im sure not putting all troops in the Phillipines on high alert a full 24 hours after getting news about Pearl Harbor is a good idea
>just to add to that, lets keep our planes grounded as well, don't need airplanes flying anyways, that's how they get shot down.
>>
>>29822504
Well the only reason he lost is because of them flips. The real Americans fought to the end

Besides everyone knows those chinese pilots are too stupid to even fly their plain right
>>
Anyone know is Giap was OSS trained back in doubya doubya too
>>
Giap was absent from Vietnam during a significant portion of the conflict.
>>
>>29821777
but thats not patton
>>
File: baitaru.jpg (93 KB, 1077x964) Image search: [Google]
baitaru.jpg
93 KB, 1077x964
>>29822366
>>29822504
Go back to arfcom if you can't stop falling for the bait.
>>
>>29825751
Yeah, they probably knew I was baiting them. It's fun to joke about it though. Don't take it so seriously
>>
>>29822407

MacArthur was a coward (leaving his men behind to be captured) and a insubordinate idiot (disobeying orders and blatantly provoking the Chinese into the Korean War, costing who-knows-how-many lives).

Screw MacArthur. I read "The Coldest Winter" and he comes off terribly in it.
>>
>>29825815
He was ordered to leave the Philippines.
>>
>>29825815

I'm from Norfolk,Virginia, and he's considered a hero here. Lately on /k/ this is the first I've heard about MacArthur hate
>>
>>29825815
Don't forget failing to site supply dumps on/near the Bataan peninsula. The army had planned for years to withdrawal to the peninsula but MacArthur did nothing to ensure that they could eat and fight once they got there. Not only that but when lower level staff officers did start moving supplies after the war started, in accordance with the war plan, he countermanded the orders, resulting in critical shortages of food and ammunition when the withdrawal was eventually carried out.

The image of the half starved infantryman with no heavy weapons support attempting to hold onto Bataan was a result of MacArthur's mistakes.
>>
>>29826274
Which one?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.