[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have an undiagnosed mental illness because they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9
File: swallowing.gif (193 KB, 320x350) Image search: [Google]
swallowing.gif
193 KB, 320x350
Anyone here have an undiagnosed mental illness because they're afraid of losing their gun rights?
>>
No, now plz go away Mr atf
>>
>>29821431
no but I'm all ears if you wanna talk about it bromando.
>>
You only lose them if you are adjudicated mentally defective
>>
>>29821431
I have a diagnosed one and I still got my gun. I wouldn't worry so much anon unless it's something really bad
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 640x640
ATF pls go
>>
>>29821431
Hey buddy if you need to work through some stuff we're here
>>
>>29821677
Woah now, Is that real?
>>
>>29821431
SHALL
NOT
>>
>>29821431
Probably everyone. Those fucking quacks with label anyone with one bullshit disorder or another if you let them.
>>
PTSD here, fucking getting rights stripped over this shit
>>
File: 1422145600247.jpg (152 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1422145600247.jpg
152 KB, 960x960
>>29821431
I have moderate bouts of depression from time to time, but i just choc it up to lead exposure and get on with my life because i'm not a pussy.
>>
>>29821826

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/280754630047199232

Trump is NOT his current personality. He IS NOT a right wing nutjob. He has ties to the Clintons and has always been for gun control. Anyone who buys his nonsense is a goddamn retard.
>>
>>29821431
I have severe depression. While I have contemplated suicide, my firearms have never been the method I considered.
>>
>>29821871
Wanna talk about it?
Not actually being facetious, I'm curious What happened.
>>
>>29821892
this is what I used to say before I woke up in the hospital one night
>>
>>29821896
I keep saying this, and I'm gonna say it again. Trump is, first and foremost, a salesman. He will say whatever he thinks he needs to to close the deal.
>>
>>29821896
>>29821929
I'm far from a trump supporter, but my whole family believes that a long time Clinton supporter all of a sudden turned into a hard right winger represents their beliefs.

I know the word gets thrown around a lot but I think he'll literally be memed into president
>>
>>29821953
>hard right winger
Anyone who says this shit needs to be deported to Suadi Arabia so they can see what "hard right" actually looks like.
>>
>>29821431
Looks like OP won't be going to Mars

captcha: sheep
>>
>Joining the Army
>"Anon do you ever have thoughts of suicide?"
>I shrug and say "Doesn't everyone?"
>Flagged

Thank god I had a civvie job lined up as a back up...
>>
>>29821967
That's the shit my family says. They're self proclaimed hard right wingers.

Luckily, my father was very libertarian and that's passed well onto me.
>>
>>29821896
>>29821929
https://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2012/12/14/president-obama-makes-statement-shooting-newtown-connecticut#transcript

Obama literally did not mention guns you fucking idiots.
>>
>>29821988
I'm just saying, people need to stop equating simple border defence with fucking Hitler.
>>
File: bcHRebt.png (436 KB, 986x603) Image search: [Google]
bcHRebt.png
436 KB, 986x603
>>29821907
>>29821892
>>29821871
>>29821672
The stigma of depression is retarded. Talk to a reputable psychiatrist with PHD's from quality universities.

Talking with a professional helps and if they decide you need antidepressants it's not shameful.

I was a loser who couldn't leave the house and spent all day obsessing over my failures and shortcomings. I couldn't get started on the path of self improvement because I couldn't get past that first step of self loathing.

Wellbutrin got me out of the funk, got me exercising, got me exploring the world, got me to talk to women and ultimately get pussy. I can face my fears and obsessions rationally without shuddering shame.

Okay I'm a wuss who had to complain to a stranger about my problems and take drugs to feel better. I don't care. I feel better and my life is more productive. Nothing else matters.

Want to highlight that you need to speak with a board certified PSYCHIATRIST, not a therapist. Therapists don't have to get degrees and spend thousands of hours dealing with traumatized and depressed people.

Tl:dr- therapy and modern antidepressants don't allow you to feel good about being a shitbag. They make you less depressed in a way that motivates you to become engaged in the world.

A non-depressed person cannot comprehend the debilitating effects of it. Their advice on overcoming is worthless. Like someone with a sore throat giving advice to someone with throat cancer. The symptoms may at first seem similar but the depth of the issue is where the problem lies.

You don't have to be miserable. Take the step.
>>
>>29821988
I want you to slap my cunt.
>>
>>29822004
But do you think the drugs are the final soloution?

Or are you actually working towards natural happiness?
>>
>>29821994
I never equated him to Hitler. You'd have to be an idiot to think that.

But, there's plenty of people that think him the saving grace of US politics and will save the country. He's just a slimy New York businessman who's somehow managed to convince everyone he's the one to make America great.

Not hard when pitted against Clinton I guess though
>>
>>29822039
I've scaled medication back 50 after only 8 months.

The first thing my psychiatrist said was "apart from bipolar disorder and lithium, there has never been an antidepressant made that's more effective than rigorous daily exercise"

When I got deep into doing daily cardio routinely the drugs were actually a bit much in tandem.

Gonna ween off eventually but still have some shit to work through.

Talk therapy is great. Being open and honest with a person in a cordoned off part of your life is surprisingly cathartic. My Dr gives great insights and routines for dealing with stress and staying positive and motivated.
>>
From what I've read, he used to be wary of "Assault Weapons" but was pro-carry, and now he's almost completely against government intervention.

He wouldn't make claims like that and go against them as that would destroy his integrity, so people are keeping their guns without fear under his possible presidency. Even if he was in with the Clintons (Which is a maybe, but doubtful), there is no way he could turn America into a dystopian nanny-state within 8 years. He loves his reputation and one of the cores of that is integrity.

He won't be the one to take guns or even try.
>>
>>29822068
Cool beans brah, hope it all works out.
>>
>>29822078
LMAO, wrong thread. Sorry.
>>
File: CPrAaDlWIAEDS-m.jpg (37 KB, 481x853) Image search: [Google]
CPrAaDlWIAEDS-m.jpg
37 KB, 481x853
>>29822085
Thx m8, we're all gonna make it
>>
>>29822004
but haven't you ever thought that relatively speaking, none of our problems matter.
Not meaning in the pseudo-philisophical bullshit way, like, "oh, the universe doesn't matter, I'm such a maverick mind"
but in the way that when compared to things like PTSD, etc., our problems are tiny and mean nothing.
That's why I was diagnosed with possible depression in my early teens and haven't done anything about its advancement in a decade or two. Why should I waste valuable resources that could go to someone who deserves them more than I
>>
>>29821431
Define "mental illness"
>>
>>29822105
Do you:
Fap too much?
Not fap at all?
Talk to much?
Never talk?
Eat too much?
Eat too little?
Respect all authority?
Don't respect authority at all?
Are you a communist?
>>
>>29822102
Yeah you're depressed. You don't have to earn treatment with misery nor do you earn happiness through it.

You're feeling guilty about being depressed. Overthinking my depression was an issue of mine also. I felt guilty for feeling depression when I had a relatively good childhood.

That's not how it works. The causation is irrelevant.

You're feeling negative about yourself, your feelings and your well-being. Fuck that. You deserve better.
>>
>>29822102
That's how I feel. Honestly, it's coupled with a general apathy and lonely feeling, even when I'm with my woman.

I don't feel sad or nothing. Just apathetic and lonely all the time.

Group therapy time?
>>
>>29821991
Shh, you'll ruin the narrative

>pick all steaks
>>
>>29822184
I was raised in an extremely religious family, and I can tell you that nothing makes you feel more worthless than a combination of depression, and good ol' catholic guilt. When you throw sexual abuse into the mix things get especially ugly.
>>
>>29822129
I suppose I should do something about it some time. For me, it's simply that I grew up around people left and right who were getting traumatized and wearing it like a medal of honor as they downplayed everyone else.

>>29822184
It's the same here. I can literally stare at a wall from the moment I get up to the time I go to sleep, sitting in the same spot because doing that gives me all the same emotions that riding a rollercoaster would. None.
It escalated from simple apathy and boredom towards everything to that + feeling like I have no soul anymore. I feel like a statue. Not inherently sad, but I feel some strange sense of isolation and emptiness no matter what I do, day in, day out that makes me feel some kind of intangible, full body sinking feeling that I can't even describe.
I would participate in the group therapy, but I've gotta get going to work. Good luck to you all who might be having issues of your own.
>>
>>29822283
I had a very religious Lutheran up raising, and it might not be as bad as a Catholic up raising, but I still feel horribly guilty for whatever. Even sex with my girlfriend I have that nauseous regretful feeling afterwards.

I'm atheist now, but growing up I used to have nightmares like no other over my contridictions with my religion.

All of that upbringing only makes this pathetic feeling I have deep in my gut worse. Combined with my inability to trust anyone of authority, I don't think I'll ever get help. I'm convinced all of various health workers are just there to put me on drugs and make a living.

/k/, cooking, gardening, guns and anime are about the only things that bring me reliable joy.
>>
>Get involuntarily committed to a nuthouse
>Goddamnit.
>Spend a week there talking to the doctor and other patients
>Doctor wants me to take meds
>Politely insist that I can handle it with a change in attitude and outlook
>3 days in, they allow me to retroactively change my status to voluntary
>Leave a few days later
>Get notice from NICS that I'm good to go
>Own a small arsenal now

Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>29822334
why were you committed to an institution?
>>
>>29822385
Neurotic Dragon Dildo Fetishism
>>
>>29822471
me
>>
>>29822385
Got drunk and told a friend I felt like I was going to die that night. Basically, I was trying to imply that I was very drunk and felt awful because of it, but drunk me omitted too many words and he took it as a statement of suicide.

Cops found me sleeping with a handgun under my bed. They then confiscated all of my firearms (which I got back after a lawsuit, and still have to this day), and smashed my violin for some reason.
>>
>>29822527
>and smashed my violin for some reason.
Don't lie, you were stashing drugs in the f-hole.
>>
>>29822542
Eh, it was a cheap violin. I was more confused as to why it was in 3 pieces than even that angry about it.

Either way though, after that whole affair I'm still not terribly sure how to safely approach mental health issues for myself and reliably preserve my right to firearms. Doctors' orders carry a lot more legal weight than most people realize.
>>
>>29822542
Oh, and just for giggles:
I blew a .21 BAC that night.

>Captcha has a fetish for school buses tonight
>>
>>29822563
I keep getting mountains and trees, it's like going outside.
>>
>>29822581
Getting off-topic now, but:
>Click the school buses
Okay...
>click 3 school buses
>I said: Click. The. Fucking. School. Buses.
>Huh?
>Guess randomly, click mid-american as all the vehicles I identify as school buses are already highlighted
>Verified
Maybe it identifies as a school bus, but how am I supposed to know that on sight? Bullshit.
>>
>>29822599
>Maybe it identifies as a school bus, but how am I supposed to know that on sight?
By checking your fuckin' privilege m8
>>
>>29821431
I'm pretty sure I'm trans ;_;
>>
>>29823424
>pretty sure

What the fuck does that mean?
>>
>>29823431
I dont want to be a boy tonthe point where i sometimes want to die because of it, but i have never been diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria or GID

I just want to be a girl. That is all i have ever wanted ;_;
>>
>>29821896
Hi Ted Cruz
>>
File: fuckcalifornia.png (34 KB, 1095x411) Image search: [Google]
fuckcalifornia.png
34 KB, 1095x411
>>29823455
If /k/'s mighty contingent of tripping traps hasn't convinced you that this is possible, I don't know what will.
>>
File: ss (2014-06-04 at 07.10.08).jpg (63 KB, 436x662) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-06-04 at 07.10.08).jpg
63 KB, 436x662
>>29821431
the politically correct term is domestic terrorist
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 500x363
>>29823557
I made that picture, nearly two years ago.

The borque rampage is nearly 2 years old holy shit. What have I been doing with my life?
>>
>>29822097
Jesus, I didn't know that this became a cringe thread.
>>
>>29823603

there was can't uncork the borque

but what did we say about that frein guy?
>>
>>29821431
Diagnosed light aspergers.
Had to have all my medical records lost.
I'm lucky enough to have great contacts.
>>
>>29821661
For now. It's also easy as fuck to have that happen anyway.
>>
>>29823989
Aspergers doesn't bar you from owning guns.
>>
>>29823659
Train on the frien and can't corner the donner
>>
>>29821981
>being this fucking dumb
>>
>mfw eading through this thread
>guys describing depression is how ive been feeling, more and more the past two years.
>nothing is interesting anymore
>only thing mildly stimulating is reading about new things (mostly /k/ related things)
>lately even that feels just like maintaining my apathy to prevent slipping even further.
>feel trapped in my current situation
>i cant stomach having to admit i cant carry on.
> i know i need help but i cant ask someone to help me with this

I'm scared /k/omrades
>>
>>29824124
A good psychiatrist will do you wonders.
Go to one the town over if you are worried about friends or family knowing.
>>
>>29822039
>no anon, gas is the final solution
>>
>>29823522
They had nothing to do with it.

they arent even real anyway, i have never seen any of them actually post pics or anything or show thatthey are traps other than bringing it up "HEY GUYS IM A TRAP BY THE WAY"
>>
>>29824055
It was "Can't rein the Frein," faggot.
>>
>>29824881
literally every boy on 4chan wishes they were a trap on some level.
I've personally talked to at least 13 boys from 4chan, especially /k/ and /r9k/ and one or two from s4s and they ALL wish that they could be traps, except for one.
I'm a boy, too. I wish I were a girl.
>>
>>29822283
>>29822325
I never got the whole religious guilt thing.
I always knew that if I was good, or at least as good as I could be, I wouldn't be going to Hell. I also knew I could repent any time I wanted.
Then again, I was born into a family where my mother was agnostic and my father was slightly religious and I was mostly allowed to find my own religious path through cumulative hundreds of hours of deep thought.
I'm agnostic now, leaning sorta far towards Christian beliefs.
Hell, I'm still finding myself in that aspect; most of us are.
>>
I'm pretty sure I am an undiagnosed dissociative schizoid, but I think that is more a personality disorder than anything else.
>>
>this whole thread
WAA WAA WAAA
>>
File: Boner pls go.gif (67 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
Boner pls go.gif
67 KB, 267x200
>>29825460
I don't want to be female, I just want the ability to turn my sex drive off and on. It is ruining my life... T_T
>>
>>29826282
I don't think it's necessarily a mental thing, it's just that women get fucking EVERYTHING because they have tits and a vajayjay. I want some of that action.
>>
I had substance induced psychosis mistaken for schizophrenia.
Dont lie to the doctor about your drinking habits guys, if they dont know the problem their help will only fuck you up more.
>>
>>29826282
If you take the anti androgens trannies do, it can kill your sex drive.

>>29825460
Why is that? What is it about this place that makes people wish to be the little girl and turn into a tranny?
>>
>>29826282
Go on something like 250 test 250 deca every week. You'll make better gains at the gym and your sex drive will be reduced by the deca.
>>
>>29826224
I hope you spend eternity experiencing exponentially increasing listlessness and pain without the cold comforting embrace of death.

2/10 for getting me to reply, faggot
>>
>>29821431
Now that I'm an adult and I've learned some more normal social and professional skills and have a wife I realize that I have aspergers.

The thing that really made me believe I definitely have it is when I realized that it would explain how bad I am at learning martial arts techniques by demonstration.

But also that I tend to sperg out over stuff.

I'm not interested in a diagnosis, not becasue of guns but because I have been doing fine so far and I get less and less autistic year over year so I'd rather avoid labeling myself and/or feeling sorry for myself.

I think all my coworkers know I'm a sperg, but don't really care, I'm an engineer and a damn good one so it doesn't really matter.

The thing about mild aspergers type autism is that you have a totally normal brain from an intellectual perspective, you're just missing linguistic parts associated with body language. The reason why spergs sperg out isn't because their disease forces them to be more detail oriented, that's just a side effect of their inability to perform basic emotional manipulation of other people.

A sperg like me always approaches all social interactions the same way, get as much info as possible and then express as much info as possible, however that isn't how a normal person is wired, normal people just send vague but nuanced signals.

It will impact your outlook and interests, but not to a cringey extent if you are sufficiently intelligent and realize that you are nothing special and in fact have serious deficiencies.
>>
>>29821991
> As a country, we have been through this too many times. Whether it’s an elementary school in Newtown, or a shopping mall in Oregon, or a temple in Wisconsin, or a movie theater in Aurora, or a street corner in Chicago -- these neighborhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children. And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics.

HURR LE TRUMPO DO NO WRONGO AMIRITE xDDDDDD
>>
>>29821431
Yep, general and social anxiety as well as some form of depression that makes me think about killing myself multiple times a day.
Even if I went to a psychiatrist I'd be lying constantly to avoid getting my rights stripped away so it hardly seems worth the effort. In the most literal sense of the term I would rather die than to go through that shame.
>>
>>29827009
Your right to guns cannot be compromised by talking to a medical professional about self loathing.

If you told a doctor you were going to kill yourself or someone else then they have to act.

Obsessing over the session of problems by contemplating suicide is common and treatable.

Stop catastrophizing and get some help.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.