[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this is more of a /out/ topic, but I was more interested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 467x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 467x330
I know this is more of a /out/ topic, but I was more interested in /k/ responses and opinions. I'm in the market for a backpack and wanted to know what you all thought were good. More hiking/street living. I was looking at the mystery ranch 3dap, but it's a $300 pack. What do you all think?
>>
I think you deserve a reply

<3
>>
File: 1362109575423.jpg (174 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1362109575423.jpg
174 KB, 800x587
>>29821291
not enough molle.
>>
>>29821291

I think you should, right now, google "goruck" and look at their options before you get a bunch of crazy off kilter replies.

Hope I helped fast enough, godspeed on your thread OP.
>>
File: 1450786305130.jpg (215 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
1450786305130.jpg
215 KB, 1280x854
>>29822042
hipster bullshit.

https://www.eberlestock.com/
http://hillpeoplegear.com/
http://kifaru.net/
>>
>>29821291
Honestly, /out/ is pretty good with backpacks.

I'd just recommend an old ALICE pack
>>
bumping because mad about hipster accusation
>>
>>29821291
Do yourself a favor, Google Fjallraven. Good packs at reasonable prices.
>>
>>29821291
kelty redwing 50
usgi alice
mystery ranch
>>
>>29822108
Goruck isnt even garbage, it's just so over priced and I've seen them in person. It is a legit nice bag, but like we live in a world with Hazard4, Maxped, 5.11 and a million other guys who make 1400ish Ci bags for little cashola.

http://www.greyghostgear.com/category-s/1817.htm

My Griff pack for instance, it's been hiking, hunting, motorcycling, traveling, EDC crap etc. Zero complaints.
>>
molle ii medium ruck
>>
http://www.keepshooting.com/czech-m85-backpack.html

gotta love that combloc rubber
>>
>>29822072
sure if you want a backpack that can baton would really well go there
>>
Mystery Ranch is nice, but it is definitely expensive. The Gregory Z-series with the aluminum X-frame are pretty good and quite a bit cheaper.
>>
>>29821291
MR is great shit. There was an anon here a while back in another backpack thread that was explaining that their warranty on repairs is kind of lackluster. Some companies will repair holes, tears, lost hardware etc so long as you pay the shipping cost. MR charges you for things like that (paying for a company's services, who would've thought). That being said, MR are generally regarded as being some of the most comfortable bags out there. Other brands to consider would be goruck as >>29822042 said, kifaru, TAD, Grey Ghost, and Arc'teryx if you're feeling Gucci enough
>>
>>29821291
Since you want an urban backpack that can also be used for hiking, get either a goruck gr2 or a MR sweet pea. Do not get the 3dap. The internal wing pockets are too flimsy and get in the way of packing from the top, you will need to fully open the trizip to pack things in like heavy jackets and small boxes or containers.

I say get the sweet pea because its a 3dap without the internal pockets.

If you are wary of goruck because of the price consider that they repair any tear or hole for free for a lifetime guarantee. MR charges for that plus shipping.

Im not trying to say that i shouldnt have to pay for repairs or anything, however when you are spending 300+ on a pack, and other compareable brands like kifaru and eberlestock and even goruck cover repairs in their warranty, its worth mentioning. I was just surprised they didnt have a compareable warranty with their competition.
>>
5.11 Rush 12/24/72
>>
File: 34476.jpg (125 KB, 600x771) Image search: [Google]
34476.jpg
125 KB, 600x771
Berghaus Centurio 30l
>>
>>29824835
I looked on the mystery ranch site, but I don't see a sweet pea.
>>
>>29825892
i believe the Sweet Pea is discontinued
might want to check-out the Scree if you want an urban non-military looking pack for edc & stuff
>>
>>29826211
i was just on the MR website and the ASAP might also be a good alternative if you want something that has a military look
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>29826238
I use my ASAP for edc and outdoors stuff. It's nice because when it's not strapped with my gear on the outside it isn't bulky or too big for a person to be wearing every day as a normal backpack. Plus with the futura yoke it's feels like anything 20-30 lbs is almost nothing. Pic related, my rig and ruck.
>>
>>29824835
from goruck.com

What is covered and what is not covered under my GORUCK SCARS warranty?

Since we don't make our gear out of steel, here are a few examples we have seen come in over the years that would not be covered: Burns, Gunshot holes, Knife slashes, Dog attacks, Damage from using a washers or dryer to clean the gear, zipper issues from excessive abuse.

You are responsible for the cost of shipping your GORUCK gear back to us. However, at GORUCK we will always return the favor and ship the bag back to you free of charge.
>>
>>29826348
OP here I liked the asap but, it doesn't seem that big. How much stuff are you able to fit in that? I have an slr also and I wanted something I was able to fit my rifle in with stock folded and muzzle piece off.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.