[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/? boot ass Marine here about to check into ITB at Geiger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 550x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 550x375
Sup /k/? boot ass Marine here about to check into ITB at Geiger soon. I honestly have no idea what to expect and any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>29819165
You are not going to enjoy the rest of your time.
>>
>>29819165
Here's some advice,

GO BUY A DECENT LOOKING BOOK AND READ IT INSTEAD OF ASKING FOR ADVICE ON AN ANIME BOARD.
For Christ sake, you're a fucking Marine now. Leave this stupid shit behind for a couple years. The advice is literally, "Just show up and they will give you advice on everything you do for the entire time, so you don't need mine."
>>
>>29819165
It's a great relief from bootcamp.
You'll do around 4 hikes, the last one being a 20k.
Don't be a fucking retard and you'll get liberty every weekend.
For the most part, the combat instructors will treat you like a human being so long as you're not an idiot.
>>
>>29819242
I didn't have many struggles in boot camp other then losing my patience with other recruits. I was mainly just concerned with whether or not the instructors would fuck with us and I just wanted clarification on "split week" and how to obtain the specific MOS I wanted to be under the 03XX field.
>>
>>29819299
Well, what do you want?
If you want to be a machine gunner, really put out on the hikes. Grab the 240s or the M2 and show the instructors your stuff. If you want TOW gunner (I was one) just don't be a retard. They're looking for "smart" guys in the 0352 field. If you're hispanic, you'll be a Mortarman.
>>
>>29819165
OP there are all these army navy surplus stores outside of the base, your peers will be buying shitty Vietnam style boots at those stores. DO NOT DO IT. Stick with your issued boots.

Also DO NOT BUY SOLE INSERTS THAT ONLY COVER YOUR HEEL. You'll know what I mean, later.

Also HYDRATE BEFORE THE HIKES. They get progressively worse.

Also HYDRATE BEFORE THE MACHINEGUN RANGE. You will be speed-humping out to it, it's miserable.

Also TAKE NOTES TO STAY AWAKE DURING THE RANGE CLASSES. If you don't take notes you'll fall asleep.

Also ON THE HUMPS, HELP OUT THE GUYS WHO ARE FALLING BACK! If you don't then your mind will make you want to give up, too. It'll be super tempting during Mt Motherfucker and whichever hump is the week before it.

Also while out in town on the weekends, ALWAYS ASK THE GIRL'S AGE AND CHECK ID! There will be fellow Marines perving on children without knowing it, because children sometimes look like adults. It's not worth getting caught.
>>
Why don't they give them carts to pull with their shit on it, instead of destroying their backs/legs with all the weight on them
>>
>>29819570
because they aren't as stupid as you must think they are
>>
>>29819600
I think they are extremely stupid people who have to do what they are told, and when the officers tell them "Carry this load on your back" they have to do so, even if they could buy a 100 dollar wheeled trolley or w/e which could be pulled anywhere they walk.
>>
>>29819215
>Anime Board
>Not a vietnamese, basket-weaving board.
>>
>>29819299
Your instructors will let you know all the details on volunteering for a weapons MOS. I highly suggest you try for 0352.
>>
>>29819926
>>29819449
Would really like to be Mortars or maybe LAV Crewman
>>
>>29820127
Interesting. Find out who the Mortar instructor for your company is when you get to ITB and make sure he knows your name. Then, when the time comes, the instructors will basically say "If you want to be this MOS, group up over here." Then, they'll tell you if they think you're suited for the job and write your name down.

I'm going to be really honest with you here, getting the LAV MOS is a crapshoot. They have limited slots to fill, so it's not even a guarantee that they'll ask for volunteers in your company. If you really want to be one, I'd start asking the instructors about it right away. Just use tact when speaking to them and they shouldn't be assholes to you. I know for a fact that when I went through SOI they didn't ask for LAV guys.

That was 6 years ago, though. So who knows.
>>
>>29819165
Just graduated itb not long ago at Geiger. Just have fun. Lots of moments where you'll just hate life and then your buddy will say something completely retarded but you'll just laugh because you realize where you are and how much all the shit sucks you really won't have much of any other reaction. Btw weekend libo. Noble romans is cheap and not too awful. Wing zone and dominos will be backed the fuck up and all the chinese joints there are an hour plus away so don't order from them.
>>
File: Terminal Lance.gif (141 KB, 700x1038) Image search: [Google]
Terminal Lance.gif
141 KB, 700x1038
>>29819926
>>
>>29820936
I never understood this. As a former 0352 myself, we were never outcast from any of the other MOSs. Hell, we're put in a platoon with machine gunners and assaultmen. If anything, it should be Weapons Company as a whole that is "outcast" from the 0311 Line Companies.
>>
>>29821027
That one doesn't make a lot of sense, I posted it because of the MOS.
Has anyone thanked you for your service lately?
>>
File: raiden.jpg (202 KB, 700x532) Image search: [Google]
raiden.jpg
202 KB, 700x532
MCT master race, jk but I caught pnemonia and hid it until I was done with the shooting ranges so I didnt get dropped. They sent me to lejeune to get treated and when I came back I had one of the weirdest and eerie experiences in the corps

>get back from lejeunes medical
>get trucked back to camp devildog or leatherneck, whatever that stupid place is called
>get told im being dropped, try to convince bro 0331 platoon commander that im cured and wont fall out of that 20k hike back
>promised he would try to help, but get sent to faggot ass Lima company with the outcasts of the USMC
>they put me on the 3rd deck completely alone, their is literally not a soul on the entire 3rd deck and the duty marines didnt patrol up there
>I go down for the chow hall formation, SGT in charge of brokedick brigade does roll call and im not on the list
>"oh you're Fox companies drop, you're not going to chow since you're not officially in Lima co. etc"
>"I'll have someone get you chow to go and bring it to you"
>I get exiled back to the completely abandoned 3rd deck
>over 2 hours pass and I realize that nobody was going to bring me food, basically starving at this point
>night time falls and 3rd deck turns into this completely blacked out corridor of empty beds and I keep hearing faint sounds thats making my skin crawl
>I somewhat lose my sanity laying in this pitch black, dead quiet concrete attic
>have to resort to sneaking down to the 1st deck in order to buy shit from the vending machine at night
>stayed at faggot ass Lima co. for 5 long, creepy days, I never once got to eat I had eat MRE candy and vending machine food
>the isolation was starting to get to me, I kinda hated that I wasnt allowed off 3rd deck, I didnt shower the entire time because of how fucking weird out I got being in the giant shower room/locker room completely by myself
>5th day get sent back to training, finish the 20k and continue on with my life
>>
>>29819560
>children
Old enough to bleed, and all that.
>>
>>29822501
>Old enough to bleed, and all that.
You'll be old enough to bleed when the guys on your cell block find out you;re a kiddie fucker. And no... they don't give a fuck about it being statutory. A kiddie fucker is a kiddie fucker and you;re safe for "straight" guys to rape and not feel gay. Which is the true reason why rapists get raped to death all the time.
>>
>>29822501
>Old enough to bleed, and all that.
That's boot talk.

OP would do well to take such jokes to the extreme, as boots try to impress each other for the entire first year with such stupid shock value jokes.
The way to be the most impressive boot, to all the other boots, is to say the same shock value jokes, but interchange children for babies. Interchange women with babies. Interchange semen, in all semen jokes, with urine or fecal blood. This would turn him into the alpha boot.

Ie.
>Old enough to cry, old enough to breed
>Ever heard of the glazed donut? It's when you pee on the baby's face after you fuck it.
>Ever heard of the boston redsock? It's when you're doing anal and punch the baby in the kidney and pull out real fast. So its ass and shit hangs out like a sock.
Et cetera
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.