[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know what this is? I'm at a loss. No markings but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Anyone know what this is? I'm at a loss. No markings but from what I can see it's a falling block breech loaded .410 or small smooth bore cartridge. Google can't figure it out.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Another shot of the breech. It's opened by the trigger guard.
>>
>>29817971
Try a rough chamber casting with some melted crayons, seems to actually be home made from the looks of it. Where'd you find it?
>>
>>29818017
Stepbrother got it from his grandpa after he passed. Nothing but the gun not even a case. I can't even find a similar gun on Google images.
>>
>>29818085
If you're confident enough to take it apart there might be some clues under the barrel or the mechanism. I'm thinking what>>29818017 said and that it's home made that barrel is way too thick to make any sense on a commercial model. Maybe a converted musket?
>>
>>29817955
That is a firearm.
>>
Wait for someone who knows what they're talking about to reply, make several threads if you have to.

You don't wanna mess up the gun following the first advice you get here
>>
>>29817955
Possibly a old Husqvarna shotgun

They made lots of guns back in the day, from cheap singleshot shotguns and rim fires to expensive, collectible hunting rifles
>>
>>29817955
Stick a .410 shell in there to see if it fits.
>>
>>29817955
Can you give a closeups on the dovetails on the side?
>>
find the barrel proofs. they may be under the foreend
>>
>>29818229
The sights are very basic. Almost look like they were hammered into shape. >>29818229
Don't own a .410 so no ammo
>>
>>29818385
About what would you say the muzzle diameter is? I'm thinking this is a conversion of some kind from a surplus military rifle.
>>
>>29818519
The barrel is smooth bore and smaller than a 20ga. I guess it could be a 16ga.
>>
Definitely looks home made, possibly depression era. the barrel was probably from some other rifle from around the turn of the century
>>
>>29817955
It's one of a kind OP. It belongs in a museum.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.