[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSA sending water-logged fucking ammo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 15
File: IMGP1314.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1314.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2048
I just opened up my latest order from PSA, and I noticed that about 6 boxes of ammo had fucking water in them. The cardboard was so waterlogged that it fell apart, and there are literally water droplets on the cartridges.

The outside of the shipping box had no signs of water damage, and I didn't notice the wetness until I opened up the saran wrap holding each "bundle" of ammo together. All the boxes of ammo were wrapped in saran wrap to protect them from the outside elements, so this must have happened before leaving the factory.

On a side note, I ordered 1000 rounds and they didn't send everything together in a case, instead sending the individual boxes, many of which broke apart in transit, since they added zero packing peanuts or paper or anything to the box to protect shit from rattling around inside.

What the fuck, PSA.

Has anybody had any similar experiences from this company? How suspect is this ammo? It's been sitting in moist boxes for at least a week, maybe more, if the factory workers packed everything up when the stock first came in.
>>
File: IMGP1308.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1308.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2048
This is how it was wrapped up, with 6 boxes to a bundle, and moisture in all of them.
>>
>Call PSA and complain to the people that can do something about it
>Cry to /k/ because I need attention

The choice is yours.
>>
File: IMGP1311.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1311.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2048
Absolutely no water damage to the shipping box.
>>
>>29816814
Well he own's something in the memeist of meme calibers, so it's clear what he must do
>>
>>29816795
Probably shipping did it. Was the box it came in wet?
>>
>>29816814
>7:50 EST

They are closed for the day. Whenever dealing with customer service for a company that fucked you over, it's always a good idea to test the waters first, see what other people have had to do to get them to make things right.
>>
You deserve it for owning a firearm that shoots 5.7
>>
>>29816814
This. I've never had a problem with anything sent from PSA and would be far more likely to believe it is just about any other part of the equations fault but just call them
>>
>>29816830
The shipping box was totally dry and shows no signs of water damage. Also, the saran-wrapped packets were packed inside of another, larger plastic bag, and there were no traces of moisture inside this bag.
>>
File: 29838355-1460324784.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
29838355-1460324784.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>29816795
go to their website and see if there's a link to their fagbook/twitter

check those places to see if they said anything about it, I've not heard.
>>
Why are people so nasty?
>>29816839
>>29816828

Fuck off, idiots.
>>
>>29816877
>People are being mean on the internet
So what is like to finally have gotten dial up grandpa?
>>
>>29816877

>People on 4chan are mean and beating you over the head/ass with the common sense stick

Because we don't want to hear you shit. This thread is pointless bitching.
>>
>>29816868
I'm not seeing anything.
>>
>>29816987
>the common sense stick

That's a novel way of saying "their own envy."
>>
>>29816795
Should have ordered from sgammo
>>
>>29816998
How is this thread any different from the guys who complain on /ck/ that Taco Bell messed up their order, instead of going back to get their order fixed?
>>
>>29817008
I would have except PSA's price was around $10 per box less than SG Ammo wanted.
>>
>>29816998
>someone who owns guns chambered in 5.7 has an inflated sense of superiority
huh, what a surprise
>>
>>29816998

>5.7
>Envy

What a tremendous faggot.
>>
>>29816795
>Falling for the .45 meme

gg
>>
>>29817020

>Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am - 7pm EST
Compare with the time I posted the thread and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>29816837
>test the waters
carlos.jpg
>>
Well, has anyone dealt with this company's customer service before, or are you just going to keep crying about somebody else owning a gun chambered for 5.7x28?
>>
>>29817035

You're still not addressing why you felt compelled to make a 'woe is me' thread about it? Do you want your e-friends to come wipe your tears and snot from your bratty little nose because life didn't go your way and you got some ammo that might be bad?

Seriously, what the fuck do you want? No one here can solve your problem and no one wants to hear about it. Delete the thread, fuck off, and call PSA in the morning. Let us know how THAT goes.
>>
File: 1396931971928.jpg (31 KB, 511x511) Image search: [Google]
1396931971928.jpg
31 KB, 511x511
>>29817008

>always used to order from sgammo
>love my mug I bought from them
>one day, go to order ammo from them
>'No Ammunition orders to CT residents, no exceptions or exemptions'
>even though all thats needed to order ammo in CT is a simple permit that any other ammo website lets you upload an image of
>mfw no more ammo from sgammo
>mfw i only have myself to blame for living in a libcuck state
>>
>>29816795
That's how ss197sr comes like you fucking dumbass.

You bought water bullets, why do you think the tips are blue?
>>
>>29817059
>You're still not addressing why you felt compelled to make a 'woe is me' thread about it?
I did. You're just too illiterate to read it: >>29816837
>Whenever dealing with customer service for a company that fucked you over, it's always a good idea to test the waters first, see what other people have had to do to get them to make things right.
>>
>>29817035
Then you wait and call them up the day after?

To answer your original question, no, I've never gotten ammo from psa like that. I've bought a few thousand rounds from them over maybe a half dozen different orders
>>
>>29817063
Move, what are you waiting for?
>>
Email PSA about it.

I've only had to contact their service once for a minor issue, but they replied quickly and were great about fixing the problem.
>>
>>29817063
>The only person in this shit thread that deserves sympathy.

Sorry commie-state bro.
>>
Finally.

>>29817093
Thank you. What was the issue and how did they resolve it?

Also, how did you contact them? I'm tempted to email them, since photo evidence may speak louder than a phone conversation, but I've had too many other companies simply ignore emails for customer service issues while they picked up their phone promptly during business hours.
>>
>>29817106
>hurr, the thread is shit
Leave the thread, hide it, report it. I don't care. You have two options in life: waste your time, or not waste your time. It's an IQ test. Sadly, you've chosen the former and failed the intelligence test.
>>
>>29817075
Then open with a post asking about customer service from PSA, not if anybody has had "similar experiences" of water logged ammo.
>>
>>29817091

To finish graduate school so I can upgrade from wagecuck to salarycuck
>>
>>29817130
I didn't ask that.
>>
>>29817122
Hows bout you dont buy from a shit-tier company? Problem solved.
>>
>>29817063
>be me
>find sgammo
>hey cool they are in stillwater! Maybe I could pick it up and save on shipping!
>no pickups, no exceptions
pay 20 bucks to ship ammo a mile down the road... and sales tax
>>
>>29817153
>(20)
>>
>>29816795
Did the package have any appearance of being relabeled?

The hardware I work af has had boxes of nuts and bolts come in all beat to shit bye the carrier, and rewrapped very similarly to what you have.

1 box originally probably. Fell off the truck and was re packed by your UPS guy.
>>
File: IMGP1312a.jpg (295 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1312a.jpg
295 KB, 1200x800
>>29817524
Now that you mention it, the label does look a little unusual.
>>
>>29817129
>complaining about shitposting in a shitposting thread

You'll get no sympathy from me.
>>
File: IMGP1310a.jpg (309 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1310a.jpg
309 KB, 1200x800
>>29817524
And the box is indeed ripped, but I don't think this rip would have let ammo spill out during shipping.
>>
>>29817578
if might if the top busted open too
>>
>>29816998
22WMR
W
M
R
>>
>>29817672
Show me a .22 WMR equivalent of a PS90. I'll wait.
>>
>>29817602
Damn. I can't believe UPS is allowed to do this kind of shit.
>>
>>29816795
It's probably the retarded carrier.
>>
>>29816795
Did the box have an ORM-D sticker on it anywhere? If not, it was probably repackaged.
>>
>>29817676
10-22 Magnum m8, but a sbr'd AR15 outclasses the P90 and the entire subgun concept.

>inb4 it's totes AP guys just because I can't find a video of my meme caliber going through a non expired NIJ certified IIIa vest panel, PDs have tested the cuck purchasable ammo and found it unable to penetrate a IIIa vest, and even the brady campaign had to fake their cop killa booletz PSA with a IIa vest means nothing! NOTHING!
>>
>>29817752
Damn. You are absolutely right. No ORM-D labels anywhere.
>>
>>29817786
Just go back to the AR containment thread.
>>
>>29817122
I was getting light primer strikes on a new AR build, figured it was the hammer spring which came from PSA in a parts kit.

I emailed them and they replied within 24 hours. Within 48 hours they sent me an email letting me know they'd sent me a new spring for free, and I've been using that spring ever since. They were really nice and professional about the entire process.
>>
blame UPS not PSA
>>
>>29819361
Yes, it does seem like UPS is to blame here.
>>
>>29816877
Welcome to 4chan, now git and stay git
>>
>>29819455
>ur on 4chan
>that means all attempts at intelligent discussion can be unilaterally stymied by one or two autists, if they stumble across the thread

No. How about you fuck off?
>>
>>29819471
>I'm an absolute retard that can't make a thread right and instead waste bandwidth on a retarded thread that ten minutes on the phone the next morning would have fixed
Stay fucking mad, OP. It's already established you have shit decision-making skills since you bought something in the biggest meme caliber ever. Then you in fact bought 1000 rounds of said meme caliber for way too much. You probably fucking spaghettied all over the place when you got the package and dropped it in a puddle.

Fuck. Off
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I got 1/2 case of PMC XTAC from them today, other than the individual boxes being a little rough around the edges, it was packaged pretty well.
Pic related
>>
>>29819471
You knew the appropriate way to proceed before you made the fucking thread. Your wish for intelligent discussion was denied when you mde the goddamn thread
>>
>>29819526
We get it. You're off your meds. I hope you get help, anon.
>>
>>29819588
I've gotten several helpful responses despite your temper tantrum, and I'll still CONTINUE to get helpful responses as long as you keep bumping the thread for me.
>>
>>29819629
OP just ignore him.
>>
>>29819629
>Helpful responses
You mean people telling you to do what you already knew what to do before you made the thread.

Btw, here's your daily reminder to breathe
>>
>>29819646
I would, but these days when an OP can't bump his own thread, sometimes you need to scatter a few breadcrumbs on the floor for the trolls to eat, so they can be made to do work for you in keeping the thread alive.
>>
>>29819471
>intelligent discussion

OP please don't take them the wrong way. What they are thinking is that you made this thread so that you would be able to use our opinions to back up your own when you do call PSA tomorrow. Which is probably true.

But they are judging that in the day and age of adults and intelligent thought, that you have no right to call PSA and floor them with a wall of accusations, when all you need to do is tell them that "x boxes were waterlogged, y rounds were soaked in water, and do they have some way to ease your mind by swapping out this ammo at no cost?"

It's completely uncalled for to make this thread, I mean it's fucking stupid. It's not even weapons related man. It's "Business/Customer Service" related.
That is likely why people are being mean. Because you made a weapons board thread that doesn't actually contribute any weapons knowledge to the weapons board. In fact it's just some guy complaining that he hasn't called Customer Service yet about some shipment he got.
>>
I had a bad shipment of Fiocchi .45 ACP from PSA back in mid 2014. All of the boxes were deteriorated heavily like OP's pic and the plastic trays inside were all in pieces. Had a bunch of jams with the ammo, but no duds. Left a bad taste in my mouth, so I haven't touched Fiocchi since then. Every ammo purchase I've gotten since then from PSA has been perfect.
>>
Was going to start a new thread but I guess I'll ask here 1st: I'm going to order 1000 rounds of 223 online for range/plinking, probably tula/wolf/brownbear or something of the sort for 23-25 cents/round shipped. Where do you guys like to buy from? Cheapest ive found so far is brown bear for 23cent/rd from SG. Ive never shot BB but ive had no issues with other steal case stuff, is wolf/tula better? CTD has some decent prices but im reluctant to because of their history...Or should I spend a tad more and buy reman from freedom munitions? Ive shot a couple boxes of it and havent had any issues. than/k/s.
>>
>>29819723
>>29819723
>all you need to do is tell them that "x boxes were waterlogged, y rounds were soaked in water, and do they have some way to ease your mind by swapping out this ammo at no cost?"
Yes, thank you MOM. I know how to talk to customer relations people on the phone.

The thread isn't off topic. It's about a gun-related business. The question isn't about the question; it's about the answer. Is PSA the kind of company that will readily swap out ammo in a situation like this at no cost? Or are they the kind of company that will first offer for you to ship the wet ammo back to them at your own expense, but they'll send you a shipping label if ask for a manager? The thread is necessary. I'm sorry that you can't hide or ignore threads that you don't like..
>>
>>29819846
Never spend MORE than new ammo to buy reloads.
>>
>>29819846
Look at Ammoseek and gunbot as well. The trickiest part is comparing the ppr vs the shipping.
>>
>>29816795
>meme 5.7 cartridge
>not black tips

epic fail anon
>>
>>29820151
so freedom brass case reloads arent better than steel case tula/wolf/etc?

>>29820162
yeah im checking all the gunbot/wikiarms/ammoseek/etc sites and also elsewhere. made an excel spreadsheet so its pretty easy to compare ppr including shipping and such.
>>
>>29820274
The copper/lead projectiles will be nicer on your barrel than the bimetal jacket (steel) projectiles from the slav ammo, but reloads in principle should be cheaper than new ammo.
>>
>>29816795
Don't worry OP, they see are just liberal tears.
>>
>>29816795
You can test if they are still able to be fired by selecting 2 randoms out of each box and getting a bowl of water.

Submerge them and see if any bubble. Take note of which boxes had bubbles and then test two more form those boxes. If those bubble those ones are more likely to have gotten water in them. If there are no bubble, your ammo is probably good to go.
>>
>>29817795

Then the problem is solved, someone molested your ammo and tried to repackage it to cover up their shame.
>>
>>29820408
The mystery is solved; the problem remains.
>>
>>29816795
You sure it;s water and not piss? PSA has some real winners working in their shipping departments, three or for of them are /b/tards. Ask me how I know..
>>
>>29820424
I have no way to confirm. Now that I've opened everything up, it's evaporated.
>>
>>29820881
If you want to have some fun call the BATF and tell them you ORM-D came with out placards. Who ever repackaged it will have some serious explaining to do. Not even trolling. The Batfags take that shit seriously. Federal laws were broken.
>>
>>29820986
What kind of a dick do you have to be to ruin someone's life just because they dropped $100 of ammo in a puddle?
>>
>>29820986
This, mention the water first. If they tell you to fuck off tell them that it also came without proper documentation, that'll really get a fire on thier ass. Also record the conversation if you can.
>>
>>29821018
Why would the ATF care about water in the package?
>>
>>29816795

that doesn't look wet, it looks like a small dog or a retard got ahold it it.
>>
>>29821118
>visible water droplets on the brass
>"it doesn't look wet to me, though"
>>
>>29821132

so you are a drooling retard?
>>
>>29821148
Yeah, it's a miracle I can even type out a grammatical sentence in my native language without my drool shorting out the keyboard or flooding my apartment.
>>
>>29821161

I'm impressed.
>>
>>29819526
>biggest meme caliber ever
but anon that's not .50 AE
>>
>>29821005
How about a gun owner who is fucking tired of the liberal assholes working for fedex and ups in my area who do everything they can to let me know they hate delivering my ammunition and wish every last gun owner was imprisoned or worse? I have had spam cans that were beaten with something solid so badly the so0me of the ammunition in the cans was ruined and no one gives a fuck because "no returns" on ammo. Maybe you live in a nice red state but not all of us do faggot.
Do you know if accepting that ammunition in improperly placarded boxes opens OP up to a criminal charge, because that's a fucking hazmat placard and there can be some serious butt hurt in the form of fines and even jail time depending on this and that. So STFU before you start flapping your cocksucker.

>>29821061
Those stickers on the boxes are there by federal law, someone somewhere fucked up and didn't have the respect to tell you your shit was fucked with. Could be a sign that some LEO wanted to see exactly what you were getting or maybe just some lazy ass letting if fall into some water.

Either way remember to be real careful with that ammo. Likely there won't be any problems but be fucking ready for hang fires when you use it. That would absolutely be a time you count to 30 if a round fails to fire anon. OK?
>>
>>29821773
>Do you know if accepting that ammunition in improperly placarded boxes opens OP up to a criminal charge
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>29821790
Bullshit. There are a shitload of chemicals and dry goods that have federal requirements concerning packaging and placarding. Don't be so fucking sure there liverlips.
>>
>>29821005
Did you forget this is 4chan anon? Why don't you go to arfcom of reddit faggot.
>>
>>29817687
>can't believe UPS did *insert shitty customer service example*
how long have you had a po box, son?
>>
>>29821827
I'm sorry you don't understand how criminal law works. Intent is paramount. How can the recipient of an improperly marked package, that had clearly been packed up by a UPS employee, have had any intent to break the law? You are an idiot.
>>
>>29821773
Where the fuck do you live? Here in LA county, CA, the fedex and ups guys routinely carry my 50-100 lb ammo packages without complaint or retaliation.
>>
Im willing to bet that condensation is the culprit here. Temperature changes can cause this when the air is trapped inside from the saran wrap.
>>
>>29821876
>You are an idiot.
Intent doesn't have fuck all to do with who ever improperly labeled those boxes. They are required by federal law to use those specific placards and they didn't.

You ever heard the phrase that ignorance of the law is no excuse? Idiot

And it is a big deal anon. It's a federal fucking law.
>>
>>29821906
Yeah, with plants and animals. Not with non-perspiring, inanimate objects. Dumbass.

>>29821919
Attempt to logically explain how the recipient could have changed the labels on the box while it was still in transit. God, you are so fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1409769780712.jpg (71 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1409769780712.jpg
71 KB, 512x512
Funny you mention this.

>Work inna LGS.
>Get a shipement of Winchester 9mm
>Box is fine.
>Open it.
>Every single box is water damaged and falling apart.
>9mm spills all over the floor like spaghetti.
>>
>>29821005
I'd ruin an uppity nogs life for one Tubmans worth of ammo
>>
>>29821943
>one Tubmans worth of ammo
Only $12 worth of ammo?
>>
>>29821900
I buy in bulk when I see great deals. The last time I bought 7.62x54r I bought 14 crates. I have had ammo orders that weighed well over half a ton.
I take care of my delivery people but for some reason the guys who deliver the ammunition change every time. When the show up banging on my door all pissd off before they even speak to me I don't offer to help or tip, the drivers who are friendly get a nice tip and often I have them leave it in the driveway because I'm storing it at the shop anyway.

I live in morthern Illinois so I deal with complete liberal anti gun jagoffs, often with multi colored hair and gauges in their ears, typical bernie / hillary voters. Entitled pricks who know they won't be held accountable4 for super shitty customer service. I talked with my LGS about it and he says he gets all his ammo delivered by the regular route driver so I asked her about these guys and she just rolled her eyes and said sorry.
>>
>>29821931
Trapped humidity. Ever wonder why some cars get moisture inside the headlights? The humidity gets in through a bad seal, then temperature changes cause condensation because it is trappes inside. Is a headlight a plant?
>>
>>29821931
>Attempt to logically explain how the recipient could have changed the labels on the box while it was still in transit. God, you are so fucking stupid
Again. IT'S A FEDERAL CRIME TO IMPROPERLY PLACARD OR NOT PLACARD WHEN REQUIRED.
Period.
Who ever repacked those boxes needs some retraining at the least. I'm tempted to try and find out if I would be at risk if I accepted those boxes with out placards, I sure as fuck would have noted it on the receipt in case shit was missing. The missing stickers is a sure sign someone opened them up so who the hell knows what happened.
>>
>>29821960
>multi colored hair and gauges in their ears
Christ, I live in the second most cancerous county in commiefornia and I almost never see these fags.
>>
>>29821969
You're not really thinking. Even though you are typing words, it's like you're asleep at the wheel. Sealing up a box with saran wrap can't make it rain inside the sealed space. There was so much water on this ammo that the cardboard boxes deteriorated and there were drops of water on the ammo. That doesn't happen from humidity alone.
>>
>>29821969
I dunno, is there something you think they might know? How long have you known this headlight? Does it ask probing questions like I am doing right now? Maybe your headlight is a fucking narc plant, maybe mine is.
>>
>>29821980
>I'm tempted to try and find out if I would be at risk if I accepted those boxes with out placards,
Maybe you should have found that out before engaging in a protracted argument saying that you incorrectly believe the recipient to be criminally liable for accepting the package. This is why I have called you an idiot in every reply I've made to you.
>>
>>29816795
OP if you're still here.

Pay very close attention when you use that ammo. The odds are high that everything will be fine but if you are ever going to have hang fires this could be the time.

If you pull the trigger and the rounds don't work stay still, keep the weapon pointed down range at the target you were aiming for and count to at least 30 before you clear the chamber...OK? You could have a slow burn and as you clear the chamber it could fire as half the case is still chambered and that's when the tears start flowing.

Be careful OP, OK?
>>
>>29821983
Illinois is full of very loud and proud socialists and bernie voters. It's funny but when I see a bunch of bernie fags...I start looking for people I've met around here. They think they are so independent but I'll be damned if they ain't all wearing the same uniform, know what I mean.
>>29822003
I know I'm right about whoever repackaged the boxes fucking up big time. Of that I have no doubt. Same thing as someone selling fuel oils in the wrong containers.

You're the one who's wrong and calling me an idiot when you don't have a fucking clue.
>>
>>29822060
>You're the one who's wrong and calling me an idiot when you don't have a fucking clue.
What the fuck? Yes, I have a "clue," as I already tried to explain how criminal law works, but I guess you thought I was making that up? Fucking idiot.
>>
>>29822109
Go read this and tell me all about intent nippledick
Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code
>>
>>29822131
Quoting US code does not make you a lawyer. There are specific ways that criminal charges are prosecuted, and you won't find all these details in the letter of the law.
>>
>mfw i read the thread and it turns out that OP isn't the fag for once
>>
>>29822199
You won't find the letter of the law in the letter of the law,

OK anon, it's been fun but you're fucked.
>>
>>29822248
Are you 8?
>>
>>29822305
Look.
I have said that shipping ammunition with out the proper ORM-D / explosives stickers is a federal crime and that's a fact. Are you denying this anon?

You want to split hairs about intent and I say it doesn't mean a fucking thing when it comes to federal paper work that carries big fines and jail time. It has nothing at all to do with intent.

Are you drunk? Because I know a little bit about how federal LEOs and prosecutors work anon and they could not give less of a fuck about intent outside of conspiracy charges.
>>
>>29822387
Here's what you said: >>29821827
>it is "bullshit"/false to say that there are no criminal charges for merely accepting such a package.

Your ramblings just got worse from there, since you doubled down on this absurd assertion, and have now started to claim that you are qualified to practice law.
>>
>>29822442
No, I said don't be so SURE about that liverlips.
You sure like to project punkin, I never said I;m a lawyer. I said I know something about federal law enforcement and federal prosecutors. I'll let you figure that out on your own, good luck skippy.
>>
>>29822493
>No, I said [something else].
Literally look at you own ridiculous post. >>29821827
>>29821827
>>29821827
>>29821827
Read the words you typed.
>>
>>29822502
>Read the words you typed.
"Bullshit. There are a shitload of chemicals and dry goods that have federal requirements concerning packaging and placarding. Don't be so fucking sure there liverlips."
I said bullshit to your certainty.

I stated that there are all kinds of regulations that make receiving misrepresented shipments are criminal and in another post said I should go look it up in accordance with ordinance.

You're just trying to win an argument you can;t win.
>>
>>29821986
You do not seem to understand humidity and condensation. Sealing up a box, trapping humidity inside of it literally can make it rain inside.

When there is high noncondensing humidity inside of a partially sealed container, and the ambient temperature rises above the temperature of the air or objects in the box, you get condensation. What was once only a humid area is now over 100% humidity. Droplets form. Depending on the environment, it can be enoigh to soak thrugh cardboars. Droplets will form on relatively cold objects. And guess what can be cold... Metal. Metal cases of cartidges.

It has happened to me before. I neglected the dessicant inside a safe only to find moisture inside. Soggy paper. Droplets on metal objects. Needless to say, I had to clean everything.

Condensation in shipping is a well known phenomena, and given the right conditions, absolutely can produce what OP has described.

Now, given the lack of ORM-D label, it would seem lilely that the box was repackaged. Perhaps it got rained on.
>>
>>29822570
What was "bullshit," my autistic friend?

>>29824280
You've heard of this concept called condensation, but you have no idea how it works.
>>
>>29824726
Do tell, master of everything, how condensation works?
>>
Every post I've read :
>fuck BATF!
>they shoot your dogs!
>bootlicker
>statist
>I bet you support hitler too

Ammo gets moist
>waaaah! Call the BATF!

Fuck guys. Do you say fuck the police and then call the cops when your neighbors music is too loud?
>>
>>29816998
>envious
>of 5.7
kek
>>
>>29825358
You can hate a mother fucker, but it you can sic him on another mother fucker and kill two birds with one stone, why wouldn't you? UPS committed a felony, I know having worked there and being told about the kind of shit I will find myself in if a hazard sticker ever gets damaged or missing, same with a hazard package. So not only did UPS fuck up committing a felony, they fucked up like 300$ worth of ammo.

You can hate the atf but to not want to use them as a tool when you can is asinine.
>>
File: 1453696503683.jpg (42 KB, 442x740) Image search: [Google]
1453696503683.jpg
42 KB, 442x740
>>29821906
>>29824280
>5.7 gets briefly mentioned
>marisa shows up

I am not even a bit suprised.

Also, I've had metric tons of stuff shipped to me over the years from across the nation, I've never experienced this "phenomenon" you speak of. It works in a laboratory environment, but what Op is experiencing is shipping negligence.

Op, Ups guy dumped your box loading it and they reboxed it at the facility. It was probably raining at the time and they just threw it in a bag because the rounds were now loose.

Ups will tell you "too bad, here's some free shipping next time you use us!"

Shit sucks, but it happens.
>>
>>29825437
>You can hate a mother fucker, but it you can sic him on another mother fucker and kill two birds with one stone, why wouldn't you?
A coherent set of moral principles would prevent this.
>>
>>29825145
Gobs and gobs of water don't just magically precipitate out of the air when the temperature drops. The water needs to have been there to begin with. Humid air holds some water, but a 6"x10"x6" cube of air, mostly displaced by solid material, doesn't hold nearly as much water as it would take to completely saturate six cardboard ammo boxes. You're taking this concept and not knowing how it applies to real life.
>>
>>29825528
So just accept you wasted money and do nothing despite a company breaking the law?

>Sorry Bacardi, it's not your fault that because of your shitty distiller you made methanol which I didn't find out until I went blind in both eyes and I started pissing blood from my liver shutting down. It's not your fault though because I hate the ATF.

No, fuck that. Op paid UPS for a service and they literally failed to deliver.
>>
>>29825723
I've been in that position before. I never broke the law, but I've made some stupid mistakes while working for low wages at crappy jobs. Making a mistake like this was almost certainly due to negligence, and not malicious intent to harm me or the country.

Yes, I did just accept that POTENTIALLY taking a loss on about $100 worth of ammo (I don't yet know if it's actually water-logged, of if PSA will refuse to do anything) does not outweigh sending some person I don't know to jail, stripping him of his rights to buy guns and vote, stripping him of his ability to get a good job in the future, and totally ruining his life.
>>
>>29825761
That's their fault. And besides the blame will fall upon UPS, if anyone is blamed. This sort of shit NEEDS to be addressed because if ammo is slipping through than what else? I remember an incident where UPS had a truck turn into a bomb BECAUSE of unlabeled oxidizers that created a fuel air bomb when an accident crushed it's container with that of some strong exothermic chemicals and that was because the driver got into an accident and the oxygen being unlabeled, wasn't stored properly, and there wasn't a matching document for the sticker so the cops didn't know until the truck exploded 30 feet from then.

This is an unnecessary danger that very well could take someone's life and MUST be addressed.
>>
>>29825914
I already sent PSA an email. If they choose to follow up on it, then that's their prerogative.
>>
>>29816828

There's no such thing as a 'meme gun', or 'meme caliber'. Just stop posting you fucking civvie basement dwelling ass virgin, holy fuck.
>>
>>29826050
Welcome to the internet. We like to misuse words, you autist cuck.
>>
>>29824280
Assume the initial air is at 32C and 100% relative humidity, and it is then cooled to 10C.
Going by a box of dimensions 6"x10"x6", we get a little less than 0.006 cubic metres of air at 32C.
At a specific volume of 0.90 (lowballing this, meaning the expected condensate is exaggerated), that gives us .0054 kg of dry air.
Given that the mass of dry air in the sealed package remains constant, that gives us about 0.16g of water in the hot air, and .04g of water in the cold air.
The difference in "airborne water" is the mass of condensate - about 0.12g.

Assuming the packages have been sealed airtight, you would expect nearly no condensate.
You can hopefully figure out how to read a psychometric chart on your own.
>>
>>29826074

I can guarantee you that I've been here longer than you, friend.

Nobody said retarded shit like that until 2015 when all the highschoolers on /b/ and /v/ decided that /k/ was a good place to shitpost as well. We have a zeitgeist here, and I'm not the only anon that will call you for being a smarmy little fuckball.

This isn't /b/. Seriously. Post like you graduated highschool. If you actually are a gay little teenager, just fake it til you make it. Please.
>>
>>29826135
>I can guarantee you that I've been here longer than you, friend.
That would be literally impossible.

>Nobody said retarded shit like that until 2015
And this shows how much of a newfag you are. Terms like autist and meme were diluted to meaningless more than half a decade ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 432x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 432x720
>>29826050
An ass virgin, eh?

>I can fix that
>>
>>29826221
Not even him, but he was clearly referring to "meme caliber" and "meme gun," and while I try not to pay attention to inane shit like this, I'm inclined to think he's right. I remember that in 2014, we called funky, useless calibers like .454 Casull "clown calibers." The term "meme caliber" didn't really come into vogue until later, probably in 2015.
>>
>>29826359
And I'm just saying shitposters on 4chan have been misusing terms like "meme" for years, to the point where they have become meaningless.

Learn to ignore shitposting, that's the only way it will ever die down. If you reply, the problem will just keep growing. Not that the situation could get any worse though, this site hit the rock bottom in 2009.
>>
>>29826435
Yeah, you're saying that, but it's irrelevant to the topic at hand, since the term in question was "meme caliber."
>>
>>29816987

Says the guy who is bitching about the other guy bitching about his bitching.

Stop bitching. Bitch
>>
>>29816795
>order ammo from PSA
>ammo is shipped, probably from a different state, through a dedicated shipping company
>blames PSA and not the shipping company
I'll never understand this meme.
>>
>>29826804
>company receives order for ammunition
>packs up the ammunition using inferior packing methods and materials
>expects the ammunition to arrive at its destination unscathed
>gets surprised when the box busts open in transit and a third of the ammo gets wet
It ain't all on UPS, buddy.
>>
File: 1456165045235.gif (2 MB, 196x300) Image search: [Google]
1456165045235.gif
2 MB, 196x300
>>29819420

UPS a shit.

> buy dragon dildo
> medium Spritz in ectoplasm, shit is so cash
> UPS files it as delivered
> no dildo
> navigate UPS's abysmally fucked customer service system
> finally find out that the retard driver dropped it off at the Mexican house next door
> driver goes out there, knocks on the door, can hear people inside but nobody responds
> mfw some theiving taco hobbit opens up a mysterious box with a glowing dildo in it like that scene in Pulp Fiction where Vincent opens the suitcase
>>
>>29826765
The wider topic at hand is being a containment thread for shitposting.
>>
>>29816805
>2010+6
>not wanting pre-lubricated ammo
>>
>>29826837
>call UPS
>"Yeah my plastic mythical animal penis that glows never showed up, what's the deal? What can I shoot stuff up my ass with now?"
>mfw your neighbors see mexican kids shooting each other this summer in water gun fights with a glowing dildo
>>
>>29827061

Yeah, I called UPS. They filed it as their bad and I'll get a refund.

I also went next door. Fucking bean niggers better fucking hide.
>>
>>29816795
Great I litterally just bought that same FN ammo from PSA, mines coming on Monday so I'll see how water logged it is..
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.