[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck the NRA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHGit3zF808

See this? This is what your donations buys you.

You think they are protecting the second amendment? You just paid for the NRA to fund political advertisements.

This argument is the weakest argument we, as supporters of the second amendment, could ever make.

How the fuck will this win anyone over to our side? This advertisement only appeals to people who already love guns.

To anyone else, this just makes us look ridiculous! It makes gun culture look like babies crying over spilled milk.

Our money should have paid for a YouTube ad campaign to educate people, statistics are on our side.

But, you know, that would actually work, and that's not what anyone with money wants.

Wake the fuck up, the NRA is a cancer killing our national gun culture.
>>
Note: for those unaware, this is a paid YouTube advertisement in North America.
>>
Two dislikes for each like.

Your donation has paid to make twice as many people turn against our agenda.
>>
>>29816731
The only reason I like the NRA is not as a political organization, and as a group that organizes shooting competitions. In my area, there's really no one else who does that.
>>
>>29816746
>>29816796
It's like you two dopes don't know how advertising works on YouTube. It's a targeted ad that's be bought again gun related search terms and shown in battle ground states.

Learn something new today, please.
>>
>>29816862
That is not a reason to fund an organization that is self-sabotaging gun culture. They're polarizing the American people along political lines.

Fuck that. Tell America this isn't about politics. Gun ownership is about protecting life from very real dangers. Show them the reality. Show them it isn't red versus blue, that, you can support other reforms without needing to destroy guns.

You are paying to fund the cancer killing the second amendment.
>>
>>29816892
Exactly.

Why the fuck is my donation paying for nothing more than rhetorical masturbation?

We could be telling soccer moms how dangerous the world is, real police times, or whatever argument we need to show people reality.

The NRA is sham!
>>
>>29816862
>>29816892
>The NRA is doing a shit job, here's why I don't care

Apathy is paralyzing.
>>
>>29816910
Agreed
>>
>>29816731
>You just paid for the NRA to fund political advertisements.

That's exactly what the NRA is for
>>
>>29817182
No. You're an idiot if you think our constitution is political and not literal. Wake the fuck up.
>>
>>29817182
Wasting money and sitting by while restrictions get tighter?

The NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION is meant to support American gun owners. Not a political agenda.

Tell people their constitution. Tell them their legal rights. And tell them why they should exercise them.

If they aimed that at the public, we could stomp this bullshit out overnight.

But that won't happen, because this fake reality is pushing their true agenda. The NRA is a cancer, and is spreading as much disinformation and polarization as the American media.
>>
>>29817182
Which NRA? Last time I checked there is the NRA, and the NRA-ILA. One is a shell of its former self living in the shadow of the other. The other is loud and self-serving at the cost of the citizenry.
>>
>>29816731

Mate I am an Australian and its the total apathy that you exhibit that helped get us so screwed because our major organisations all had the same devil may care attitude.

When they say Australian gun control they really do mean kicking in your door and taking you to jail and your guns to the furnace.

It means passing laws and regulations that are designed to be so burdensome they slowly murder the whole hunting/shooting/gun culture.
>>
>>29817329
But if you tell people their rights, that won't work. As soon as someone exercises a right, they won't let it go. Our problem is so many Americans look at guns as a political discussion, instead of necessary tools in a modern society.
>>
>>29817391
And they ARE UNDOUBTEDLY NECESSARY TOOLS, otherwise the police and military wouldn't need them.
>>
>>29817391
I would say that add is more of a political attack add trying to highlight the double speak going on with the politicians. No we dont want to confiscate your guns. But we do want to implement Australian style laws then confiscate your guns.

I would agree with you though, getting people involved in firearms ownership is vastly more powerful a strategy then saying you shouls protect your right to firearms ownership even if you sont exercise it.

But NRA does run plenty of ranges and provides RO courses etc, and is hugely useful in bringing people into gun ownership. The strategies are not mutually exclusive. We have to push back against the antis on every front possible because they will try to hem us in any was they can.
>>
>>29817496
That's the problem with a cancer. It starts within something good, but ultimately destroys the organism. In a functioning body, the dysfunctional unit is removed, and a new one is built. The NRA needs to surgery and chemo at this point, to save good things it has already build and established, and gun culture as a whole.

I seriously would love to see a private investigation into the shit they say out of the press.
>>
>>29816796
>thinking those downvotes weren't from paid Brady Campaign shills
wew lad
e
w

l
a
d

>>29816731
Bloomberg plz go
>>
>>29817616
Provide example.

You are full of vague accusations and short of details.
>>
Ignore divide and conquer threads. I wouldn't be surprised if this post and others like it were provided by none other than our friends at Everytown and friends. The truth is that the NRA is the single strongest force out there protecting American gun owners. Our enemies understand just how pivotal the NRA is to our continued existence, hence their renewed fervor and the egregious labels they paint it with, like the claim that the NRA is a 'domestic terrorist organization'.

Those who want you to disown the NRA may try to act like they are your fellow gun owners, but they aren't.

As much as it'd be nice for gun rights to not be a partisan issue, the American left have made it one. When moderates like Webb or Sanders are cast out or forced to tack left on the issue for ideological purity, when the same exact Democrats who railed against the no-fly list under Bush turn around and try to use in response to a crime it wouldn't actually have prevented, you better damn well believe it's a partisan issue. I wish it wasn't, but it is.
>>
>>29817746
>support blatant lib tactics in your own progun organizations
So everyone can laugh at and use it against us for years to come? Hold your gun organizations to a higher standard.
>>
>>29817746
Better a partisan issue then a bipartisan issue of death to all guns like Australian.

And I agree that these threads seem to be antigun agitprop.
>>
File: frog power.jpg (314 KB, 770x1000) Image search: [Google]
frog power.jpg
314 KB, 770x1000
>>29816731
OP you can choke on a fat fucking nigger dick and die.

The NRA advertisement is 100% excellent in my American eyes.

I think you need to go back to Europe.
>>
>>29817839
Accusations with no detail.

Hey everyone OP is a gigantic faggot, who is downright evil and foolish. Plux dont ask for proof.
>>
>>29817880
>video blatantly takes things out of context
Did you even watch?
>>
File: jewery4.jpg (184 KB, 1014x1168) Image search: [Google]
jewery4.jpg
184 KB, 1014x1168
>>29816731
Shillary/Kikeberg you can git out.
>>
File: 1403111555305.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1271) Image search: [Google]
1403111555305.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1271
>>29816731
Even if Obama's words are used a bit out of context, it's still true.
>>
>>29817182
^^ this

I give money to the NRA specifically for their institute for legislative action.

(The NRA-ILA), I suggest you check it out sometime.

https://www.nraila.org/
>>
>>29817887
Mate its not out of context. Australian gun control means confiscation at gunpoint.

That isnt hyperbole either, whilst most people handed over their guns for the money without being physically forced to some people decided not to. Some of those people had the police kick in their door at 2am and arrest them at gunpoint and search the house.
>>
>>29816731
>medal of honor
>highest war related honor
>not purple heart
Why must people meme?
>>
>>29816910
>Show them it isn't red versus blue
You have about 100 years of politics that say otherwise.
>>
>>29816731
>I am a paid Hillary Shillbot trying to get you not to support politically active and effective organizations!

Real gun owners join the NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, and play youtube gun videos on loop with adblock off.
>>
>>29816731
I don't know. While the NRA has exploited/cut the footage of Obama and Shillary's quotes, the NRA makes a good point.

The English and Australian gun control model is very effective at stripping law-abiding citizens from their firearms. It is a model that appeals to your emotions and makes you feel afraid: it threatens an "humiliating public arrest", years in prison, and other penalties that strip you of your liberty.

By utilising this model, the Australian government effectively enforces that gun ownership is immoral, and it's very effective: you will notice that the average Australian is deathly afraid of anything pertaining to guns.

I don't know how Australia did it (or any of the other Commonwealth countries for that matter), but a case study should be conducted on how the government, media, or other forces have influenced these people to be terribly afraid of guns.
>>
ALERT!!!! https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160429/social-security-administration-releases-proposed-rulemaking-on-disability-related-gun-ban
>>
>>29818620
compared the America the nation of Australia and England did not have the gun culture that America had

there are also so many civilian weapon manufacturers in America that will spend millions to make people want guns

we also got the gun amendment
>>
File: jpfo-gun-control-is-not-kosher.jpg (29 KB, 467x350) Image search: [Google]
jpfo-gun-control-is-not-kosher.jpg
29 KB, 467x350
>>29816731
Agreed, fuck the NRA, I told them to fuck off in '78. Sent in my lifetime member patch and told em to fuck right off. Time has proven me right.

Join a real guns rights organization instead. JPFO or GOA or better yet both.
>>
>>29817746
>I wouldn't be surprised if this post and others like it were provided by none other than our friends at Everytown and friends.

Quit projecting, pawn.
>>
File: 1459235538215.jpg (472 KB, 1600x1037) Image search: [Google]
1459235538215.jpg
472 KB, 1600x1037
>>29818758
>I told them to fuck off in '78
Sheeeit, oldtimer.

>JPFO or GOA
Like 'em both from an ideological standpoint, but they never won us a court case or an election, did they? (Not a rhetorical question--opinion on how effective these groups are seems to be divided.).
>>
>>29818566
Because the pubic lets their rights be trivialized.
>>
>>29818915
>Sheeeit, oldtimer.
Didn't lie but you could say I was deceptive. I was a minor at the time, my father had bought me a lifetime membership with his own, we both turned them back in at the same time.

Still makes me older than most here.

>Like 'em both from an ideological standpoint, but they never won us a court case or an election, did they? (Not a rhetorical question--opinion on how effective these groups are seems to be divided.).

Not that I am aware of. However their funding is still a tiny level of the NRAs, and the NRA has backstabbed us too many times to get a cent in my opinion. If GoA and/or JPFO can get more funding I am optimistic they would get something done. NRA has the ability, but not the will. They do not believe in the second amendment.
>>
>>29816937
The NRA actually does do this. Do you have your head up your ass again?
>>
>>29817206

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Why are teenagers so opinionated about shit they've barely been exposed to?

The entire purpose of the NRA is to represent the political interests of gun owners/industry. That includes threatening to crush legislators that don't tow the line and scaring bubba into voting with propaganda. You don't have the first clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>29819712
Personally I will never support and only in the most dire of circumstances coƶperate with someone that has labeled me a 'bubba' and tried to manipulate me with crude propaganda. Or even with sophisticated propaganda, for that matter.
>>
>>29816731
>youtube ad campaign
Why? To market to the most tech-savvy (likely to filter/ignore/block all ads) and least likely to vote (middle to lower middle class people under the age of 35, which make up 90%+ of all Youtube viewers)?

Advertising anything political on YT is tantamount to burying the money used to fund it under a pile of flaming plutonium. You're literally paying someone else to waste your money.
>>
>>29817206
>the National Rifle Association/Institute for Legislative Action (NRA/ILA LLC, 501(c)3)
>institute
>for
>LEGISLATIVE
>ACTION
>"not political"
Please tell me you're half-assedly trolling. Because I seriously hope you aren't this stupid.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 294x294
Sure is autism in here
>>
File: thr gun shop.jpg (124 KB, 797x600) Image search: [Google]
thr gun shop.jpg
124 KB, 797x600
Superior anti-gun propaganda coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nAfWfF4TjM
>>
>>29820227
Did he died?
>>
File: 1451278662837.jpg (269 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1451278662837.jpg
269 KB, 960x960
>>29816910
>Show them it isn't red versus blue, that, you can support other reforms without needing to destroy guns.
Bloomberg pls go.
>>
>>29816731
Calm down, sperglord. This is directed at the "they'll never ban our guns" crowd.
>>
>>29816731
This video is spot on accurate.
Hillary Clinton = Diane Feinstein
They will ban your guns.
If they can't, they'll appoint justices who will.
>>
>>29820235
>disabled comments
Mmm, I love the smell of gun grabbers refusing to allow actual discussion.
>>
>>29816731
>The Australian example is worth looking at

>Lever actions okay
>Pump actions bad
>Because reasons

No, our system is an illogical pile of poo, stop citing it you fucks.
>>
>>29816910
>support other reforms
You mean like common sense gun bans and registry?
And all we have to do is turn our back on the most lark progun lobby we have?

Well shit shillary, you should have said something sooner.
Let me tell you something. I vote for whichever the NRA tells me to vote for period. You want me to act more intelligently? Stop attacking the bill of rights because it will always come first, all of it, not just the second but that is the one getting attacked.
>>
>>29820737
Hillary is literally the New York Diane Feinstein.
>>
>>29820646
that is what assasinations are for.
>>
>>29820235
>mfw none of the guys who say "yeh, ill take it" are shown
>>
>>29820840
I want my guns field-tested before I buy them.
>>
>>29820235
Not gonna lie, I would buy one of those.

>>29820840
Two bricks of .22 says everyone was a paid actor.
>>
>>29820235
>that lighting
Most fake ass store in the world. No one would believe this.
>>
aussies are beyond cucked and will realize what a mistake they made when america is falling apart internally and china comes down to occupy them or when their government finally follows the eu lead and floods their nation with shitskins.

germany is going to fall because a group of shitskins with knives and hammers will butcher any groups of white germans when all this shit finally goes hot.
>>
File: 1459132712189.jpg (164 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1459132712189.jpg
164 KB, 460x460
>2016
>supporting the NRA
>ever

Those protectionalist faggots can suck a fat one. Wayne LaPierre and Ted Nugent are retards and I sincerely hope nobody actually pays to get their email and phone spammed with "gibe monies pls"
>>
>>29816731
This is bait.

Also, we may hate each other in every other aspect, but we stand united on gun rights.

piss off and stop trying to foster dissent and division, you gargatuan faggot
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.