[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would the British Army grant me "operator" status?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: _20160502_235632.jpg (379 KB, 990x1261) Image search: [Google]
_20160502_235632.jpg
379 KB, 990x1261
Would the British Army grant me "operator" status?

I just want to learn how to shoot weapons, fight, live off the land, evade people hunting me, get fit, learn hand to hand combat, become extremely mentally tough and be an all-round operator.
>>
>I just want to learn how to shoot weapons, fight, live off the land, evade people hunting me, get fit, learn hand to hand combat, become extremely mentally tough and be an all-round operator.
Well I'll tell you right now OP you're in the wrong place
>>
>guard didn't say "for you"
>>
>>29816202
there are certainly oppurtunities to do all that in both the army and the royal marines. whether or not you are capable of exploiting those oppurtunities is another matter. you won't know until you try so go and talk to a recruiter.

you're looking at infantry, from which you're either going into recce or sf. i hope you're fit and like carrying a pack all damned day.
>>
>>29816202
Work hard and you can make it, do as many courses as you can and try not to be an idle alcoholic.
>>
No there are absolutely no special units or special forces in the entire military.
>>
>>29816304
in fact the entire time you serve they tell you you're not special and they confine you to barracks and don't let you do anything.
>>
>>29816272

The only thing that's putting me off is the pay, 17k for a newly trained Royal Marine for example, basically living paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>29816589
Thats excellent money considering the zero educational requirements, don't drink your wages away and you can save a shit load of money due to the low cost of living.
>>
>>29816589
>basically living paycheck to paycheck

>You don't need to spend any of it at all
>>
>>29816619
>>29816670

I spoke to a squaddie mate and he said they rape you for accommodation costs and cost of food ect. Went on like 4 quid a day for this 3 quid a day for that.
>>
>>29816732
Then he's a fucking moron because I live on base and I save £1500 a month.
>>
>>29816732
>he said they rape you for accommodation costs and cost of food

"I spend all my money on booze: the excuse"
>>
>>29816732
They charge you for accommodation (varies due to location but always cheaper than renting as a civvie) and they charge you per meal (pay as you dine), thats two things only and both are entirely optional once your training is over and you are at a regular unit.
>>
>>29816749

Must be at least a senior nco?
>>
>>29816951
No, Lance Corporal
>>
>>29816951
A higher spine Private can earn about £25k a year, add on the various bonuses you can earn if you are not idle and thats a comfy wage for someone young and single.
>>
>>29816589
Meals and housing are provided.

Buy a cheap bike for travel and save the rest.
>>
>>29816997

A cheap bike ain't gonna help me lose my virginity mate
>>
>>29817089
Nothing will
>>
>>29817089
No but your PTI's will fix that for you if you mouth off.
>>
>>29817089
Ride over a bumpy road
>>
You considered the Reserves? You get the same training, but you need to be responsible for your own fitness and also have a normal day job. Before you ask, yes, you can join the Reserves as a Para, Commando, or even SAS.
>>
>>29817098
>>29817109
>>29817120
top kek lads
>>
>>29817169

What's the average yearly pay for the reserves? I know it's by training day but just wondering how much of a boost to my salary it would be.
>>
>>29817109

My squaddie mate says if you get cold just tell the pti and he'll get you a coat? I thought they'd be right bastards.
>>
>>29816257
kek
>>
>>29817397
If you attend every training night and weekend you can earn upwards of £300 every month, plus various bonuses if you're in a trade that requires certain skills like medical personnel. In addition, you get a flat attestment bonus from £300 upwards depending on job. You get £1000 tax-free upon completion of basic training, and then another £1000 every year you make bounty, on top of whatever you make from training and exercises.

Finally, you can voluntarily deploy, or even work in a semi-temporary/full-time basis filling in posts for the regulars, which can net you a fair whack. The real money is joining as an officer, but don't do it unless you're not a dumbshit and/or enjoy ding paperwork and PowerPoint presentations on military law for the rest of your life.
>>
>>29816202
>'intruder'
in fucking quotation marks
what's the actual story here
>>
>>29817498
Nigger got too close to gate.
Guard told him to fuck off.
Nigger talked back.
Guard outbanta'd him with a rifle.
>>
>>29817528
fixed bayonet is top bants
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.