[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi-Power thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (456 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
456 KB, 1800x1200
Thinking about getting one from AIM Surplus as a first handgun. In the meantime, post Based Browning's best design

Also 1911s welcome too, especially odd looking ones
>>
File: 1386555838253.jpg (258 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
1386555838253.jpg
258 KB, 1000x666
anyone who has used both, if given the option to pick one or the other, would you rather go with Browning HP or CZ-75, and why?
>>
>>29815650
Welp, this should send the thread straight into the toilet.
>>
File: Hi Power Mk. 1.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2220) Image search: [Google]
Hi Power Mk. 1.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2220
>>29815500
Hi Powers are great, they have the ergonomics of a brick, but a sexy brick.
>>
>>29815650

The first gun I fired that I actually ENJOYED shooting was a rented BHP, and it was glorious. When I was old enough to buy a handgun, I went looking for one and ended up finding that I liked the CZ75B for many of the same reasons I liked the BHP (Namely all metal build and great feel in the hand). I bought and fired the CZ75B for a few years before picking up a BHP again, and when I shot the BHP I honestly didn't like it as much.

So, tl;dr, it's probably a tossup and personal preference. I like them both, but ended up leaning towards the CZ in the end. I'm sure there are many who've had the opposite experience.
>>
>>29815960
>they have the ergonomics of a brick, but a sexy brick.

Really? Myself and most I talk to find them comfy as fuck. That's one of the main draws for me personally.
>>
>>29815997
Well it's probably the grips. The ones I have on mine are thick and not formed, don't have the thumb groove and honestly it's not bad, not even a complaint really just a minor thing.
>>
>>29815960
I love the look of those adjustable sight versions
>>
I'm wondering tho, what to look for in a used one? Like how can you tell if you need to replace shit
>>
>>29815500
Accurized with bushing, converted to double action, appropriate loads.
>>
>>29818412
get good at shooting.

when the grouping gets to shit and the bullets start keyholing. you need a new barrel.

if it isn't firing, feeding, or ejecting properly? replace springs.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.