[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Renaissance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: latest-2.jpg (2 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.jpg
2 MB, 2480x3508
Ok so I've been playing assassins creed 2 and the point in it seems to be teaching the main character how to fight by learning from his ancestor.

My question is, would fighting skills from Renaissance Italy actually hold any weight in a modern setting. Where engagements are generally at a greater distance due to firearms over swords.
>>
>In a world where people can kill you effortlessly from 500 meters away, would waving around sabres and cutlasses be applicable?
I dont know senpai, you tell me?
>>
>>29812989
If you mange to sneak up on the guy and stab him before he knows you are there. There isn't a propper fight where a sword beats a gun
>>
>>29813015
I'm not so much thinking the sables and cutlass more the physical hand to hand combat and what not
>>
>>29813133
It basically never happens. People are still taught how to use bayonets and so forth, but its more for completionism rather than the expectation that the training will ever actually be used.
>>
>>29812989
>does hand to hand combat work on modern times against guns

jesus you're stupid
>>
>>29812989
My spoilt nephew tried to fight a group of kids "like in assassins creed" he got his lip burst open and his shoulder dislocated, he's 15 and pretty big for his age, so no, you can't learn how to fight from a game about Nolan North's time machine chair induced Renaissance brawls
>>
Desmond was protected by the power of plot, the only reason the templars didn't just roll in with automatic weapons and waste his ass, was because they needed him alive, to find all the shit his ancestors hid.
>>
>>29812989
mods mods mods
>>
>>29813178
Well techniques such as Krav Maga are still taught in modern combat units.
>>
>>29813219
Sounds like your nephew is a big guy
>>
>>29813268
Then he just kills himself to protect control the future instead of an anarchistic uncertain future, which is totally contrary to what the assassin's entire purpose of human self determination is about. This fucking video game series drives me crazy with rage.
>>
>>29812989
>>>his
>>
>>29813388
4 u
>>
Malnourishment was commonplace up till 200 years ago outside of the very wealthy. But everybody had physically demanding jobs that conditioned them to be at peak physical condition.

Its a draw as far as I can tell.
>>
>>29813219
>a game about Nolan North's time machine chair induced Renaissance brawls
keked
>>
>>29813391
No dickhead. He sacrificed himself to ensure the certain physical doom was averted, to risk exposure to the released crazy bitch Minerva.

The world was gonna get messed up either way.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.