[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tactical Kilt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: mobile-kilt-img.jpg (45 KB, 364x671) Image search: [Google]
mobile-kilt-img.jpg
45 KB, 364x671
Is the 5.11 Tactical Kilt /k/ approved?

http://www.511tactical.com/kiltoff

When would you operate with a tactical kilt?
>>
First time I saw an ad for these I thought it was a joke.
>>
I wear them occasionally, only when women are around which is the only reason to wear one. They fucking love them, if you wear this around men you are a fag.
>>
File: 138577453145.jpg (197 KB, 519x692) Image search: [Google]
138577453145.jpg
197 KB, 519x692
>>29812845
Are they good for concealed carry?
>>
>>29812810
They were, originally
>>
>>29812845
If you wear that to pick up women you are a bigger fag and most likely a virgin.
>>
>>29812884
Nope, not even slightly. Not for your rifle nor for your gun.

>>29812898
Or... in fairly good shape and enjoy showing it off and having fun, flirting with girls, letting them lift the edge. Last time I wore one me and the lads were grilling at his place, guys and gals, drinking and BBQing.
>>
File: r3yi4xP.jpg (871 KB, 2419x3226) Image search: [Google]
r3yi4xP.jpg
871 KB, 2419x3226
like all things 5.11, the original is better
>>
>>29812764
I have a utilitkilt and it was the most expensive piece of trash clothing I ever bought. If you want to get a kilt and operate in it, get a real tartan and operate like it's 1918 at the Somme.
>>
>>29812974
>Gordon Modern
Muh highlander.
>>
File: Northumbrian_tartan.png (79 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
Northumbrian_tartan.png
79 KB, 180x180
>>29812974
>mfw clan colors were made as a marketing gimmick by the textile industry of Scotland
>mfw they made all these rules and rituals are completely invented
>Mfw my regional tartan, border check was born out of practicality and dates back to the 3rd Century BC.
>>
>>29812898

I don't have the swag to pull a kilt off, but do you remember those toe-shoes a few years ago? I literally had women stopping their runs to chat me up on the running trail. Wife politely asked me to wear normal shoes again.

Peacockng is a thing. It makes no rhyme or reason, but it exists.
>>
>>29813034
Your face is a tartan?
>>
My friend's dad has one. He has a lot of kilts. Sometimes he just wears them around the house.
>>
>>29813034
You'll find its Americans that care more about clan tartan.

People who are actually Scottish tend to just pick whatever looks good.
>>
>>29813940
it really depends on the individual. my Uncle eats, shits, and bleeds Clan MacLaren and he has the tartan to show for it. his kids mostly go as you say though. nothing wrong with either.
>>
What about Damn near kilt em kilts?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>29812764
I talked to scottish man about kilts and their purpose.
he said that kilts were multi purpose
>blanket
>bag
>baby holder
and that they were popular because it was around the knee it didnt get wet like pants.

His big point how ever was about how easily they came off. That pants go in the way and would get caught on things so kilts come off really easily. The sootts would run into battle draw their sword drop the kilt and fight half naked.

they are the most /k/ everyday lower garment.

pic related the guy i talked to.
>>
>>29812764

No. Get this instead:

http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/kilts/kilts-for-sale/wilderness-kilts.html

Custom measured length and waist where 5.11 is only waist. This is canvas which will hold up just as well as what the 5.11 is made of and it has better pockets. Also, 5.11 stuff occasionally has QC issues. Look around at reviews and see if they have stitching issues.
>>
Any of you know of companies that make pants like 5.11?
>Got a pair of unhemmed khaki pants from 5.11 when they had some in size 30
>They've never gotten any 30 x unhemmed since
>Those pants are the best fitting pair of pants I've ever owned
>The very few places I've ever seen unhemmed, they always start at huge waist sizes
>>
This is some cringy shit, unless you're in a pipe band you should not have a kilt, much less one of the tactical utility monstrosities
>>
File: 1452379589594.jpg (59 KB, 816x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452379589594.jpg
59 KB, 816x1024
Kilts are the tits, although 5.11 are meh.

I kind of want a WW1 Highland-regiment spec uniform kilt, but the fuckers are expensive and apparently terribly uncomfortable.
>>
Tactical Kilts are basically the /k/ fedora
>>
File: 1460772017483.jpg (191 KB, 595x643) Image search: [Google]
1460772017483.jpg
191 KB, 595x643
>>29815820
>unless you're in a pipe band
so basically no true scotsman unless you're in a pipeband?
>>
>>29813940
The only time a Scot wears a kilt is for a special occasion like a wedding. For which they'll typically rent one, because kilts are fucking expensive.
Source: am Scot, have worn kilt, both with pants and commando as any self respecting Scot should.
>>
>>29814109
>hqdefault.jpg
Ripped from a YouTube video aye? Pity because you're right about everything you said.
>>
>>29815063
I like truspec 24/7s more than my 5.11s
>>
>>29816846
Hardly, neckbeards would never go near one incase a female saw their micropenis.
>>
I own a Black Watch tartan kilt for going to the ren fair highland weekend. Besides that I don't think I would ever have a reason to wear one out in public, especially not a tactical kilt.
>>
>>29817628
My Grandfather was in the Black Watch, hoots mon the noo! Despite being from Newcastle.
>>
>>29814109
That is the Gallic reason to wear kilts for sure. While my family moved to Canada, we came from Sutherland, and never dropped the idea of blanket wearing. Its convenient as fuck, its like wearing a sleeping bag all day. The wool is also semi-waterproof, and warm for cold nights.

Its mostly for poor people and bumpkins though, which always confuses me as to how it evolved into something so formal. I remember having an great-uncle (rip) who liked to go camping in just a wool blanket and shirt. His feet where nasty as fuck though.
>>
>>29817998
>which always confuses me as to how it evolved into something so formal.
poor people and blumpkins are terribly stubborn
>>
>tfw Scottish immigrant in America
>tfw I unironically want to buy one of these for the range
I think it'd be amusing breaking out my kilt at some Steel Challenge match.
>>
>>29818551
Nationalism too, Scots are easy to hype up. Look at the Independance vote a while ago. They are not Texas, they have few exporta (whisky is obe of the few), a lot of subprime farmland some rare breeds of cow and some locations ideal for game and fewer places of serious employment. Yet they wanted to seperate.
>>
>>29818603
a real kilt would be better. I've thought about doing our ranges run n gun in one. I have a friend who has a couple. He is kind of wierd about them but I think he would let me.
>>
>>29813940
I'm a piper and I've got only two kilts: the band tartan and my personal tartan.

My buddy who's Scottish has the same band tartan and his clan tartan. I mean, aside from your family tartan what options do you have that you can relate to and justify the costs? Government is plain as shit, Royal Stewart is gaudy, county tartans look kind of plain and dress tartans are for women and dancers. You might as well go with your family one.
>>
>>29812764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDg-gWPz1I

Fruity Rudy approves
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.