[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My local indoor range doesn't allow aluminum cased ammo.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: aluminum.jpg (125 KB, 1014x723) Image search: [Google]
aluminum.jpg
125 KB, 1014x723
My local indoor range doesn't allow aluminum cased ammo.

Is there any possible reasonable explanation for this except that they want to easily steal people's brass?
>>
>>29807270
they want you to buy their overpriced range ammo
>>
>>29807270

That is it exactly.

Last time I went to the range I had to stop shooting because some old ass piece of shit was grabbing everyone's brass. I had a bunch of .44 AMP, .50AE, and 10mm brass that I wasn't going to lose to some thief.
>>
>>29807270
do they allow steel cased?
>>
>>29807313

>The following ammunition is NOT allowed to be used on the range:

>Any accelerator
>.17 Remington
>.220 Swift
>.222 Remington 40gr or less
>.22–250 Remington
>.243 Win 96gr or less
>Any other ammunition that has a muzzle velocity of 3300+ feet per second
>Armor piercing, incendiary, steel core, tracers, explosive and steel-jacketed are NOT allowed!
>Steel shotgun rounds are NOT allowed!
>Exploding targets are NOT allowed!
>No aluminium cased ammunition. The range officer makes the FINAL DECISION on ammunition unsuitable for indoor range use.
>>
When they send in the casings for recycling, the company will send the entire batch back if it has even a single aluminum casing in it

If its steel, it can be pulled magnetically

Its kikery, but its their property so its their rules
>>
>>29807306
>>29807270

Am I dumb for not realizing what this steal brass thing means? Are they picking up the brass and recycling it? Are they taking it and selling it to scrap merchants?
>>
>>29807344

that's what I figured... that they didn't want to hand-sort the casings they scoop up
>>
>>29807344
>company will send the entire batch back

Maybe the company is full of cunts?
>>
>>29807353
most likely reloading vultures
>>
>>29807353
brass has value
theoretically its still your property
some asshole brass vultures will swipe everypiece that hits the ground
in the ranges case everything you leave behind is theirs now
some ranges even prevent you from picking up your own brass
>>
>>29807353
http://www.midwayusa.com/brass/br?cid=670

Buy it new or reuse it.
Brass is reusable to save money.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.