[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (859 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
859 KB, 3264x2448
Just bought a baton. Is this a meme?
I live in the city of a may-issue state and need something to defend against assaults.

>Monadnock Autolock 21"
>>
File: 87w5bEt.jpg (614 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
87w5bEt.jpg
614 KB, 1632x1224
>>29804064
Why use baton and not glorius slav PSL bolt carrier?
>>
>>29804064
>mugger approaches you at night
Gimme yo wallet!
>been waiting for this for a week now
>as i turn around slowly, I start to mutter something about "it won't be that easy..."
>try to slickly slide baton from sleeve into dominant hand
>I've never practiced this before
>baton falls to the ground with a loud CLANG
>Jamal takes my wallet and rapes me with my own baton
>>
>>29804108
I'm sure this one would do way more damage anyways.
>>
>>29804064
You need to learn how to use it.
How to not have it just ripped out of your hands etc
Otherwise it's about as useful as a fist sized rock
>>
>>29804064
Pretty useless unless you get trained, I own a 16 inch one.

They are fun to play with though
>>
>>29805833
idk what youre talking about but a fist sized rock can be pretty useful
>>
File: 1447574256604.jpg (36 KB, 940x600) Image search: [Google]
1447574256604.jpg
36 KB, 940x600
>>29804064
>Just bought a baton. Is this a meme?

It isn't a gun so yes, it is infact a meme.

Stop getting memed on.
>>
>>29805783
I'm getting sick and tired of this meme.

>if you don't have a gun you will be raped and beaten with your own weapon

That is honestly Fucking retarded.

Here's /k/ logic
If you are unarmed and try to fight an opponent who has a blade or blunt weapon you're fucked

If you have a blast or blunt weapon and an unarmed opponent fights you, you're fucked

That makes no sense and you're fucking retarded if you think that way
>>
>>29806128
you don't know what a meme actually is, do you?
>>
>>29806173
You're being inconsistent.

You are part of /k/
so either you believe your stated /k/ logic,
or that is just the logic of some people on /k/.

Which is it dude, I'm beginning to believe that you're an idiot who thinks that having a baton is bad and not having a baton is equally bad.
>>
>>29806128
>pps m2
thats gonna be my ccw, my dad has a pps, thing is sex
>>
>>29806128

>walther pps

My nigga.
>>
>>29806128
There's really no other option for defending yourself on the street if your state doesn't allow you to CC or OC
>>
>>29804064
If you can legally carry it you're good. Just make sure to actually train with it, as weapons aren't magic talismans and any weapon whether it be a gun/knife/baton/pepper spray will be much less effective and could be a danger to you unless you train with it. From what I've read and understand, telescoping batons are the best concealable melee weapon because they hands down have the longest reach (a 21" baton when collapsed takes up the same amount of space as a 4" fixed blade knife).
>>
>>29806251
I'm really not here for semantics. Nor do I care. Here is the only fact

A weapon of any kind gives you an advantage over an unarmed attacker.
>>
>>29806344
Thanks. MD doesn't name batons as a prohibited weapon and you are allowed to carry them as long as it's not with malicious intent (self defense does not count as malicious intent). I have about a year of recent martial arts training, not with batons, but I know a few simple techniques. It's not much but I'm in shape and a big guy (for you)
>>
My friend once beat the fuck out his brother who pulled a knife on him with one
>>
>>29804108
Thought that was a piston gun at first
>>
>>29804064
It's literally a heavy stick. Like really heavy. If you hit someone in the head with it there's a good chance they're fucked; so yes, I would say they're useful.
If you use it properly it can be used to great avail; if you are reckless you could end up killing someone.
Much like CCing a pistol, it's usefulness for defense is up to you.
>>
I got one of these in chinatown back in HS
fun to fuck around with I think 16-18"
>>
>>29808949
YOU PISSED ON WHAT
>>
>>29808996
They give a great reach advantage over anyone who pulls a knife. You can create distance with it, and if you whack someones wrist with it, they're not going to be using that knife all that well very suddenly. Also correct, be careful, a good hit with this in the head would be lethal.
>>
>>29804064
>Alien hands.
>>
>>29806251
>doesn't even contend the point
wew
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.