[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time buyer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: M14.gif (63 KB, 1200x450) Image search: [Google]
M14.gif
63 KB, 1200x450
I have been looking for my first rife, i was thinking itd be a Nagant but every store I have checked nearly everywhere is either out of my price range or out of stock. /k/ any advice? what would make a good first rifle
>>
>>29798898
Keep saving your pennies and get a fucking AR15 for Christ's sake.
>>
>>29798957
Why would he want a gun that jams every 7 rounds?
>>
>>29798961
No one would like that. It is a concrete reason to buy an AR15 so it doesn't happen.
>>
>>29798961
>>29798957
>>29798965
an AR 15 huh
Is that a good starter gun?
>>
Get a good scatter gun first then a rifle

Scatterguns are cheaper and multitools of the gun world
>>
>>29798898
>i was thinking itd be a Nagant but every store I have checked nearly everywhere is either out of my price range
Guns aren't for you.
>>
>>29798898
A Savage Axis is also a good choice. They're very cheap rifles, and they come in a multitude of calibers as well.
>>
>>29798975
Thats kinda why I asked here instead of pursuing it further
>>
>>29798968
I was 17 years old when I shot expert on the Army qualification range.

Pretty good starter, I suppose. I also shot my first white tail deer with an AR. I love that rifle.
>>
Go for a lighter caliber rifle if its your first. Save for an sks or ak or ar.
>>
>>29798993
What about something like a Marlin Model 60SN
>>
>>29798898
Honestly a 10/22 is a great starter gun and investment. Cheap ammo, fun to plink with, flexibility for modification and the platform will let you learn good shooting technique without punishing you with high recoil/bullet cost.
>>
>>29799003
Whats a good brand to look for?
>>
>>29799007
They are made by Ruger.
>>
>>29799007
The 10/22 is a very popular semi automatic rifle chambered in .22lr. You can buy one at Walmart, or any gun store for about $200. If you want spare magazines for it, buy the factory 8 round ones or factory 25 round ones (those are called the BX25). There's a bunch of aftermarket stuff you can buy for them as well but you don't need to worry about that. Find some local ranges, read up on firearms safety rules, enjoy learning how to shoot safely.
>>
>>29799003
>10/22
Don't.
10/22 is for people that want to pimp their guns. If you aren't going to, because you rather spend money on another gun as you do not have enough of it to throw around, you are better served by something like a Marlin 60 or a CZ.
>>
Get a .22 anything (a 10/22 is nice for the money and a good "my first rifle")

The reason one should get a .22 is that it is cheap ammo
>>
>>29799169
Factory mags are 10 rounds you fuck
That's the 10 part of 10/22 you'll never guess where the 22 part comes from
>>29800496
The number of stock 10/22s out there probably out numbers the modified ones. It would seem otherwise because online everyone shows of muh tactical 22. No one is like check out this stock 10/22 that I have.
>inb4 cite that there are more stock than modified
It's anecdotal it's just what I've seen personally.
>>29798898
10/22s are fine guns and fun to shoot. They can be modified but it isn't necessary. Other options would be some quality bolt 22 like a savage mk 2. You can get pre scoped packages if your into that.
>>
>>29798898
Go attend some NRA training courses in your area.

http://www.nrainstructors.org/search.aspx

Once you've done that, you'll have a better feel for what will suit you, as well as a good basic understanding of safe firearms handling.

For a basic starter budget, save $500. This will give you a comfortable margin to get a cheaper gun along with ammo, cleaning supplies, earpro, eyepro, a carrying case, and any miscellaneous stuff (a trigger lock for when you're away and don't want room-mates/friends fucking with your gun, for example).
>>
File: 2016-05-01 18.05.48.png (215 KB, 961x959) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-01 18.05.48.png
215 KB, 961x959
For a first time buyer, should I go with wood or polymer stock? I know that it's mostly your preference on aesthetics, but is wood significantly heavy? also does it ding easily? I don't plan to trick it out beyond maybe a glass and a threaded barrel for a suppressor maybe in the future.
>>
Get a yugo m48a all the fun of a fullsized full power milsurp without it being a shitty mosin. Of course if a mosin is out your price range you might just have to save your allowance longer
>>
>>29801945
No op but just as new. What if there is no nra training course in my area? Besides a gun what's good starter cleaning supplies, ear pro (impact sport with ear plug?), eye pro, carrying case, locks, ect?
>>
File: Archangel Stock 2.jpg (1 MB, 2935x1121) Image search: [Google]
Archangel Stock 2.jpg
1 MB, 2935x1121
Get something basic, AK or AR or a bolt action rifle.

Something that you will keep and not sell one year later, so keep it basic. Also keep in mind cost of ammo.

And do not go the mall ninja tacticool route, pic related.
>>
BB Gun you puss
>>
>>29803775

Yeah but isn't ammo scarce? Where do you get it for a decent price?
>>
>>29803699
It's mostly personal preference. The wood will get scratched and dinged more than the polymer, but it just adds character.
>>
>>29803699
I have a wood 10/22 and it's light as a feather. Go for it, have fun.
>>
>>29798898
Also gonna recommend 10/22, particularly if it's you first gun ever. Nice basic AR is also good

>>29803813
Gun ranges often have training/rental guns you can do. Give a call and ask they'll probably be happy to let you know what they have.

I'm pretty new as well so can't give you any best cleaning gear based on wide experimentation. But I've been using basic Hoppe's cleaning/oil from Dick's Sporting goods and never had an issue. Same with carrying case, just basic black hard shell case.
>>
>>29798961
Nice bait Slavaboo.
>>
>>29806451
Sgammo has Yugoslavian surplus 8mm sniper ammo that is the best 8mm surplus in my opinion. It's corrosive but that's almost completely irrelevant, just clean your bore and wipe your bolt when you get home. M48 are fantastic rifles and arguably one of the best mausers for the money. You can't go wrong with M48. Indestructible, beatiful, all milled hand made and fitted
>>
File: G005.jpg (3 MB, 2131x2841) Image search: [Google]
G005.jpg
3 MB, 2131x2841
+1 for an AR

Pros:
-Cheapest they have ever been, especially to build/assemble, and now even cheaper than worthwhile AKs
-Possibly cheapest they will ever be if Hillary gets elected
-Getting one in a year's time might be impossible, so get it now while you definitely still can
-Triggers the fuck out liberals
-Low recoil, can be made very light or very heavy to preference
-Endlessly customizable
-Much easier to take down to clean than most fudd-style weapons
-Muh military's chosen weapon
-Ammo is guaranteed to be around and available for the forseeable future because muh military's chosen weapon
-Extremely ergonomic
-Can be chambered in almost any relevant caliber you can imagine
-Potentially tons of magazine options, depending on how free or tyrannical your state is

Cons:
-The most popular target of liberal legislation due to reasons above
-If an entry team comes for your guns they will probably be carrying these
-Some (stupid) people will claim your rifle was meant to wound and other baseless memes

The answer is clear. AR is love, AR is life.
>>
>>29798898
Just get a 10/22. Mosin only made sense when they were $100 a piece with 10 cpr milsurp ammo everywhere. Now they're too expensive for what they are unless your just collecting milsurp rifles.
>>
File: MK23.jpg (40 KB, 504x352) Image search: [Google]
MK23.jpg
40 KB, 504x352
Do you want to be operator or not?
>>
>>29809987
9mm AR will have a (slightly) higher initial investment than the 10/22 but be more fun to shoot in the long run. Plus 9mm is easier to find at sane prices than .22 now, and still cheaper than the cheapest .223.

It will also carry more than 3x the energy at 100 yards should you actually need to kill something.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.