[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want this gun but it is to small, is there a gun like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: colt.png (73 KB, 661x496) Image search: [Google]
colt.png
73 KB, 661x496
I want this gun but it is to small, is there a gun like this that is about the size of the glock 19?
>>
>I want this small gun that is too small, can I get this small gun as a bigger gun that is the size of a bigger gun that is not as small as the small gun
>>
>>29795654
No, I just want a version of that gun that is a compact handgun. Not a subcompact.
>>
If serious you want a 1911, everyone and their mother makes them. Find one that has combat sights and an extended beavertail, then throw an aftermarket wraparound grip on it, and you have that gun, but bigger.
>>
>>29795679
The Colt Defender is not a subcompact by any definition. The Mustang would be a subcompact.

I think you are severely underestimating the size of the Defender. It's just an Officer's model with an extra half inch shaved off the barrel, still plenty big and heavy.

If you still want bigger, get a Commander size 1911, the next step down from Government.
>>
>>29795765
this guys right hell an officers 1911 is roughly the same size as a 19
>>
Sorry, no such gun has ever existed
>>
>>29795603
OP short 1911s are even more unreliable than full-size 1911s unless you buy a $3k boutique gun from somewhere like Wilson Combat.
>>
>>29797186
>short 1911s are even more unreliable than full-size 1911s

Get off the internet and drink your metamucil grandpa
>>
>>29797219
>anyone's grandpa shitting on 1911s
u wot
>>
>>29797219
Except for once, Anon isn't just talking out of his ass.

Even Colt can't make a 3.5" 1911 that doesn't suck ass compared to even a 4" or 4.5" one.

Officer length 1911's just suck.
>>
File: RIA Compact Tact 9mm.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
RIA Compact Tact 9mm.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>29795603

I own a 3.5" 9mm 1911, it's a blast. I had a 3.5" .45ACP (also RIA) and it was extremely fun to shoot. .45ACP is fun to shoot anyway but the 3.5" was a great size, and surprisingly smooth to shoot.

Had no issues with my 3.5" .45 but there are many better options for carry guns. As range guns, they're fun as hell.
>>
>>29797307
I read reviews for Officer 1911s from all types of forums and online gun stores for about 6mo straight, when preparing to buy my first 1911. And let me tell you man, from the customer reviews and long term range reports of most of these random Officer length 1911s, I can confidently tell you that you yourself ARE Anon, talking out of his ass.

The reliability of most modern Officer 1911s is the same as a Taurus 1911. You may get a shittily machined one, and have to send it back for a replacement. But if yours isn't one of those, then it will function without any issues.
>>
>>29795603
You could look at a cz p01. They're similiarish and the size of a g19
>>
>>29798069
if you actually shoot em you find out they wear out incredibly fast since its harsh on the gun. with the traditional recoil spring design its common knowlage you replace the recoil spring every 500 rounds if you want the gun to keep working. this is crap compared to the 5k before even considering parts replacement on a govt size. the officer will be perfectly reliable till 500 iffy till 1k then a jammomatic that wont cycle past that. people who like em never shoot enough to tell the difference. then people take em to classes with high round counts and they dont make it through the day.
>>
>>29795603
the only issue I had with the one I owned was it always shot low.
aim at the top of the target and it would hit at the bottom. this was at 7 yards.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.