[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys. AAC Ti-rant 45 or Silencerco Octane 45HD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: aac_ti-rant_45_dis__1200x800.jpg (54 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
aac_ti-rant_45_dis__1200x800.jpg
54 KB, 960x640
Alright guys. AAC Ti-rant 45 or Silencerco Octane 45HD?
>>
File: UMPstain.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
UMPstain.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I like my ti-rant ama
>>
Octane just because it's not from AAC. SilencerCo will actually take care of you if you have problems with something you just paid a grand and waited 5+ months for.
>>
Octane 45.

better can and company all around.

=I have the octane
my brother in law has the AAC.

he wishes for the ocatne
>>
Octane 45k
>>
Not OP but can someone help me when it comes to suppressors? Whats the best brand? Should I get one that I can take apart and service myself, or not? Would you recommend a pistol or a rifle one first? Or get one that can do both?
>>
I believe they are both a good product and will provide good results for many years of use.

I purchased an Octane HD based on all the baffles being stainless and I'm less likely to fuck them up with solvents or cleaning. While the tube is aluminum on the Octane, the baffles seal against each other pretty well.

The Ti-Rant uses a Ti tube, and stainless for the booster parts and blast baffle, with (I believe) the remaining baffles being aluminum.

They also disassemble differently, with the Ti-Rant using an endcap tool and the Octane using its own piston as the tool.

Again, minor differences for good products.
>>
>>29794893

Best brand? Define your application or wants and go from there with who is making the product you want. Do you need the lightest available? Maybe you need it to fit into a certain pack or holster? A certain diameter to look seamless on your custom Ruger pistol upper, or so you don't need to change your sights?

Pistol units tend to be lighter and not handle rifle fire. They also use a booster to allow the pistol to correctly cycle with the extra weight on the barrel. A rifle or fixed barrel suppressor will not do this. Rifle cans are usually sealed or welded together for extra strength as well, while many pistol suppressors can be taken apart at home.
>>
I just bought octane 45 but i wish i bought rugged obsidian... get the rugged obsidian its octane 2.0
>>
Both are good but Octane for ease of cleaning, I am always afraid of damaging aluminum parts, and steel makes dipping an option.
>>
OSS, everything else is babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMAAsTb7768
>>
>>29796316
They're cool and all but where's an independent video with a dB meter and comparison to a baffle style device?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.