[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
50 cal thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: SIG50-bty-detail-Hero[1].jpg (58 KB, 633x348) Image search: [Google]
SIG50-bty-detail-Hero[1].jpg
58 KB, 633x348
Please, please, please talk me out of getting pic related at <local gunshop> for about 11k.

The other alternative physically on the shelf is an Armalite AR-50A1. for about $3,600 without optics.

Some background: this will be the first fun I buy for myself (but not the first one i've played with, and not my actual first fun [gifted nugget]).

And I want to take it home to surprise dad.

Is the magazine really worth all that money? Funny thing is, after we finish trimming our forest, we will probably end up shooting durrr and turkeys with it eventually. Obviously the remnants of the turkeys will be used to stuff our pillows.

From how things are layed out, the magazine will let me get a second shot off on a durr if miss the first, since palming a second round into the AR seems like it will take forever and three hands, and i can handle the bolt action okay.

Also no 50 cal thread in the catalog. so lets have one in general.
>>
I guess some footage of people shooting things? I've been gone a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h047mQ-XqBY
>>
or is the M107 Barrett the meme rifle of choice?
>>
the ArmaLite is a much better first 50cal.

or look at serbu or Anzio iron (not the 2mm they make great 50s too)
>>
>shooting a deer or turkey with a .50
sweet
>>
>>29794528
I'm just afraid of fisting the round in there every time, I think. How akward is that?

Also it's a lot heavier than the sig, which i guess dummy-proofs it a bit and reduces the felt recoil. But I'm not sure I want to bring a forklift everywhere i go.

Is it even possible to shoot the armalite standing without support?
>>
>>29794629
The weight is a good thing, it is a sign of reliability.
if you want a semi auto get teh Serbu BFG50A for 8K. still a better deal then the sig
>>
>>29794528
forgot to thank you for the advice, anon... but wait seriously? is that anzio iron "forded overrr one hundreduuu timessu"? Their website says they have 30+ combined years of gunsmithing experience...

Is that like,... 30 people trying to make one gun for a year?

Or three people making guns for 10 years (also sad).

In neither of those cases would I want to spend that kind of money.
>>
>>29794716
they are good enought to have the FBI anti material contract ( for the anzio 20mm)

Best budget 50cal, but also a PITA is the RN50 from serbu.
>>
>>29794662
>Serbu BFG50A

Yes, I think this might be the sex so far.

How accurate is it after 1000 rounds?
>>
>>29794744
I'm not looking for budget. I'm looking for a gun I can give my grandkids eventually, that isn't a complete ripoff. Magazine is preferable, semi-auto (apparently possible?!) is nice too, I guess.

And las i mentioned before i know shit about 50 cals, its completely outside my comfort zone.
>>
We need more scary gun pictures
>>
>>29793866
>for about 11k.
M82A1 with free Leopold scope is only $8.3k

https://www.classicfirearms.com/barrett-50cal-w20flutedbbl-semi-autoblack-13318

oh wait, they just sold out.
>>
>>29794374
Barret's recoiling barrel is inherently inaccurate, though fine for anti-materiel targets. Take a look at the Serbu semi 50 that's DI, lower mass of moving parts. Or the new St. George 50.
>>
File: more dangerous.png (104 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
more dangerous.png
104 KB, 500x327
>>29794877
Bummer...

>>29794847
That wasnt scary enough. Pic related. Somewhat more scary.
>>
http://www.eurooptic.com/accuracy-international-ax50-50-cal.aspx
>>
>>29794968
> that's DI
What does this mean?

Also, "bullpup" for some reason i have weird connotations with that word, and also don't really know what it means.

In the meantime I guess I can shoop guns - just ask.
>>
>>29795126
I assume DI means Direct Impingement, like an AR-15 or one of the older DI styles.
>>
>>29794847
>>29794981
thats actually a 20mm (or was it 25mm) barrett that shoots grenades.... not a M82A1
>>
File: more dangerous2.png (105 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
more dangerous2.png
105 KB, 500x327
>>29795166
thanks!
>>
>>29794815
>give my grandbabbys
50 BMG barrel life isn't that great, depending on what load you shoot I've seen some stats that say you'll get 1000-2500 rounds before significant throat erosion, also you can get the idea of a light 50 cal that will be fun to shoot out of your head. It's either gonna be heavy and mild or light and punishing. Also if it's going to be your first rifle I really couldn't recommend .300 win mag more, unless you just want to completely overkill anything .300 win mag will reach just as far accurately and leave you more money for a great optic, I've also seen a copy of a police report in which a .50 cal rifle was confiscated from its owner after a bullet was found lodged in a car door 12 miles away from a richoccet, so you better make sure you have an excellent backstop.
>tl;dr .50 is really impractical and downright dangerous in the hands of th irresponsible and inexperienced, get a .300 win mag
>>
>>29795170

I just picked a random gun to shoop off google images, but i am more than happy to take requets! post your favorite 50 cal, (along with enough info that i could find it to buy if i like it) as well as what you want me to do with the image. Guns are fun, right?
>>
>>29795253
>For when you need your .50 to double as a warhammer
>>
>>29795126
A bullpup rifle is one whose action is behind the trigger, like an AUG or FAMAS
>>
>>29795307
I understand all of these factors. And that is exactly why I came here to ask these questions - because I trust the kube to (mostly) not lie to me.

I know that rounds have a way of moving in unpredicatable ways. We have acreage, and mountains in the back.
>>
>>29795461
Well if you are dead set on getting something in .50 BMG then I would be ready to allocate around 1000 bucks to ammo, 3000+ to a rugged enough optic (nightforce would be your best bet) and whatever the cost of your rifle, also you should really invest in some quality ear pro, as the concussion on a .50cal is monstrous. And it's not so much as the rounds are unpredictable as much as they are heavy, their weight just carries them on for miles and miles, but hell this is the US and if you've got the money, then shine on you crazy diamond
>>
>>29795593
thanks.
I will :)

And if yiou guys still want shoops done right now is your chance
>>
>>29794756
Does it really matter when it when it will blow your hands/face off after 30?
>>
File: Leader_50_6197hires.jpg (3 MB, 6789x3288) Image search: [Google]
Leader_50_6197hires.jpg
3 MB, 6789x3288
>>29794968
After close inspection of this thing, isn't the place where the gasses vent from the muzzle brake basically where your face is?

Also, this thing looks sketchy at best.
>>
>>29795009
Hey Reaper - are you bothered or concerned by that ISIS list of drone names?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.