[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the aft had ruled consistently that attaching something to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: seal.gif (130 KB, 326x52) Image search: [Google]
seal.gif
130 KB, 326x52
So the aft had ruled consistently that attaching something to a pistol that could possibly be used as a stock is acceptable as long as you do not intend to use it as a stock. Would it be possible that someone could screw with the atf and have them rule that you can attach a rifle stock to an AR pistol as long as the user doesn't "intend" to use it as a stock?
>>
>>29793523
No, attaching a stock would lead a reasonable man to believe you intend to use it as a stock.
>>
File: 1417209723835.gif (958 KB, 250x269) Image search: [Google]
1417209723835.gif
958 KB, 250x269
>>29793523
>screw with the atf
>>
>>29793536
In the same way the kak and sig braces aren't stocks?
We all can agree that the sbr and sbs laws are shit. And if the atf made a shit ruling and went back on it and it went to court it could very well change how the laws work and how the atf arbitrarily changes definitions.
>>
>>29793586
Yeah, if you wanna bet your dog's life on it be my guest, but don't fuck over everyone else with your attempt at setting a precedent, because it probably won't go well.
>>
>>29793615
Wouldn't a test case of something like a kak or sig brace being shouldered be a huge case for gun owners? It could very well turn over the sbr and sbs laws as most hope Helen case will open the MG registry
>>
>>29793523
This all sounds fucking retarded anyway.
>"You can put the thing on it as long as you don't actually use the thing."
It's a fucking stock, what else can you do with it other than melee shit? Like fucking seriously?
>>
>>29793777
No its about intent. If you don't intend to do something but under a circumstance you do you can be legally in the clear.
>>
>>29793943
Oh.
>>
>>29793586
Except the ATF DID go back on it and say you couldn't shoulder then
>>
>>29794021
Right and I know ignorance of the law doesn't justify breaking it but would ignorance of the whimsical change of hearts of the atf might fair differently should a test case go to court.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.