[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How relevant is the Navy these days besides as working as transport?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: boat.jpg (537 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
boat.jpg
537 KB, 1000x1414
>>
big ass guns on even larger ships that blow shit up from large distances
>>
>>29793201
The Navy controls the vast majority of surface area and commerce of the world. It directly influences the vast majority of the world's population. That alone proves its worth.
>>
>>29793201
uboats are relevant to my dick.

Navy is usually what softens up AA defenses and radar systems before pilots hit specific infrastructure targets before ground forces follow up and take it.
>>
>>29793201
They're a leg in the US Nuclear Triad. So...kinda.
>>
>>29793574
Yuuboats?
>>
>>29793201
Very. Two reasons.

Ballistic missile defense, and freedom of navigation. The navy is vital to the day to day lives of countless around the globe, and will also eventually save us all when one of the nuclear shit holes finally does the thing.
>>
I would thought that their use as carriers would be more important,
>>
>>29793757
Eh. You don't need carriers to keep trade routes open and knock down Nor missiles.

We have carriers so we can push your shit in with overwhelming airpower. It's for us, not you.
>>
>>29793599
Not to mention electronic warfare, and SEAD.
>>
>>29793599
not only ballistic missile defense, but ballistic missile attack.
the ohio class is a massive part of our nuclear deterrent.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.