[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a mid-range SBR with a small muzzle blast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: vz 58 sbr.jpg (251 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
vz 58 sbr.jpg
251 KB, 1024x576
So my Vz 58 has gotten to the point where the rifling is pretty much thoroughly worn. Since I'm replacing the barrel anyway, I was thinking of shortening it to around 12" (300mm to be precise) as I live in glorious Czechia that allows me to carry it. However the muzzle blast and much worse noise is what really makes me unwilling to carry it. Therefore I was thinking I could perhaps neck the 7,62x39 cartridge to a bigger bullet, since I will need to have a barrel custom made anyway, or import .50 beowulf rounds. Would a bigger bore help more powder burn inside the barrel, making less noise and flash and be better at the 50-200 range I intend to use it at?

Also, can you get 9x39 ammo anywhere?

And yes, I know about flash supressors, but noise is important too, especially at the range.
>>
>>29792720
whats the round count? 5k?
>>
File: vz58pistol.jpg (107 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
vz58pistol.jpg
107 KB, 1024x678
bumping this
>>
File: 14616168441980.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1275) Image search: [Google]
14616168441980.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1275
>>29792720
>can you get 9x39 ammo anywhere?
In Russia yes.
>>
>>29792756
I have no idea, it's a converted milsurp, So it was probably shot plenty before.
>>
>>29792720
>can you get 9x39 anywhere
>>
>>29792872
You've gotta think this would be cool along side it's 7.62x39 brother, both next to a 5.56 AR and it's .300blk brother in my safe. If I had money.
>>
>>29792906
What are you on about?
>>29792872
Huh, hope it's available for export.
>>
>>29792720

There's no realistic way to do that.
9x39 is non-existent on the Czech market other than a couple of rounds in ammo collections.
You could possibly try reloading (necking up 7.62x39 brass), but a larger OD barrel would require a new gas block, FSP etc., and if you don't get the gas port size, feed ramp angle and recoil spring right, you could end up with a shitty jam-o-matic or worse.

tl;dr: forget this pipe dream, keep it in 7.62 and just slap a linear compensator on it.
>>
>>29793214
Fuck, okay, thanks for explaining it to me. I should study up internal ballistics.
What if I reloaded with heavier bullet, would that help with the noise?
>>
>>29793275

There are surplus subsonics for sale. They're absurdly expensive, but not too terrible if you only get a couple of mags for HD/carry (and a function check of course, they might not work 100% given the short dwell time).
http://www.zelenysport.cz/strelivo/7-62x39mm-subsonic-strelivo-100ks
Prices of 7.62x39 have fucking exploded since 2014 anyway.

Seriously, though, with a linear comp you can shoot regular 7.62x39 and it will direct the concussion away from you.
>>
>>29793340
Yeah, I've noticed the increase in price. Concussion is one thing though, I'd like to find the way to reduce the flash and noise...

Anyways, I'll look into them
Thanks
>>
>>29793377
>I'd like to find the way to reduce the flash and noise

Since we can't get cans, you're just shit out of luck if you want an SBR but don't want fireballs and noise.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.