[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question. What the fuck kind of lifting do Marines do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 18
Serious question. What the fuck kind of lifting do Marines do to get so jacked? Some kind of hypertrophy 3 sets of 12 per muscle group thing that hits every major muscle group twice a week? I'm tired of being small.
>>
asteroids
>>
>>29792404
go to fit and read the sticky or fucking google it, you're never going to make it now fuck off loser
>>
>>29792432

I've been lifting and posting on /fit/ for over a year so fuck you

3x5 or 5x5 strength style programs promoted there just aren't working for me

how do you lift?
>>
File: 1459529885008.jpg (23 KB, 398x400) Image search: [Google]
1459529885008.jpg
23 KB, 398x400
ITT: bootyblasted Army strong feggets who couldn't cut it as a MUHREEN
>>
>>29792404
1) they have nothing to do but train and work out all day

2) most of them were at least somewhat athletic or already worked out before joining

3) free (reasonably) decent/healthy food, but most importantly, a structured retard-proof schedule of when, where, and what you can eat

4) disposable income to spend on what every 19 year old might: cars, protein powder, home gym equipment, booze, and... uh...yeah. That's about it.

5) being a dumb horny 18-21 year old and not being around women breeds a laser focused drive to do whatever you can to attract them...first and foremost, this will almost always be working out a bunch (see 1)

6) being a dumb horny 18-21 year old and only being around men breeds a hyper-focused sense of competitiveness to impress and compete with other men... first and foremost, this will manifest itself by "getting JACKED BRAH" (see 1)
>>
Drink a gallon of whole milk a day and 5 x 5 squat, dead lift, and pull up. Also, read this http://files.books.elebda3.net/download-pdf-ebooks.org-01222237Rc1X1.pdf
>>
>do to get so jacked?
>jacked

Kek no.
This mode is reachable after 2 - 3 years of lifting.
>>
File: 1436568377577.jpg (51 KB, 639x640) Image search: [Google]
1436568377577.jpg
51 KB, 639x640
>>29792447
Lift heavier and eat bigger, faglord.
It takes more than a year to get properly fit unless you take the cocksucker's path and use roids.
>>
>>29792447

If you been lifting for a yr and are still asking this shit, than you're a fucking retard. You're never gonna make it.
>>
>>29792486
This
They have nothing else to do but PT and fantasize about banging chocks when they get leave. They also surrounded by other dudes telling them in order to get some pussy they need to get jacked
>>
>>29792486
>1) they have nothing to do but train and work out all day

So do I but I'm still fucking small. What the fuck am I doing wrong
>>
>>29792486
>2) most of them were at least somewhat athletic or already worked out before joining

before pic of the guy in the op >>29792404
>>
>>29792504

thanks
>>
>>29792664
hey, that's still athletic. The dude has muscle definition, though he obviously isn't very bulky. He probably did a shit ton of cardio in high school. Let me guess: he ran track, played soccer, or maybe swam? I'm going to assume he didn't do another cardio-centric sport like rowing or lacrosse since that looks like the midwest.
>>
File: You Learn Nothing MANLET.png (228 KB, 609x280) Image search: [Google]
You Learn Nothing MANLET.png
228 KB, 609x280
>>29792656
Are you eating enough? Are you working out more than twice a week? Are you both lifting big and doing cardio?

If not, there's your answer, bud.
>>
>>29792755

I'm doing all of what you described. I think I'm eating enough. I lift 4 times a week and kickbox twice, so I can't do lifting on the boxing days. I run 3 miles at least once a week and do a day long hike in the mountains once a week (went on one today). Do 3 sets of max effort pushups every morning, sometimes also crunches. The part that I might be fucking up on is the eating though. I wanted to cut down a bit and in the last 4 months I lost 10 kilos of weight. Didn't change much other than I stopped consuming milk and dairy and replaced some carbs with salad. Also no sweets, ever.
>>
>>29792801
>I wanted to cut down a bit and in the last 4 months I lost 10 kilos of weight.
>why am I not growing muscle ;_;

Please tell me you're joking.
>>
That one guy who isn't even a US marine but feels compelled to claim that they're superior to all other forces. That fuckhueg PR budget really, really pays off for the USMC. Some people actually believe that they're elite. I was having dinner with friends the other night and one of my buddies is shipping off for the army soon. Someone's lady let out a loud sigh of relief because "at least it's not dangerous like the marines!" Apparently her ex was a marine and fed her the whole loaf of propaganda.
>>
A fuck load of protein powder, hormone boosters of questionable legality, and a boring deployment with nothing to do but go to the gym is all it takes.
>>
>>29792850

Yeah I just realized my folly. Thing is, I thought I was eating enough that I could just "clean bulk" it. I have a naturally protruding abdomen and beach season is coming soon so I don't want to increase my gut or get fat just to get "big". I want to be jacked AND cut like the guy in the pic.
>>
>>29792755
I lift big but I don't eat as much. How the hell do these people have the ability to eat above and beyond? I can eat a lot, but after a while I can feel my body saying
>you better stop or I'll make you vomit, asshole
>>
>>29792404
>Implying every muhreen is jacked
>Implying this doesn't belong in /fit/
>>
>>29792876
Why did you make a point about browsing and posting on /fit/ if you obviously never even glanced at the sticky?

You can't bulk and cut at the same time.
Goddamn.
>>
>>29792865

OP civvie here, after being blasted by Hollywood movies about the Marines (even Avatar has Marine propaganda in it, Sully even wears an EGA shirt) I honestly want to join the Marines. I like the culture, the Esprit du Corps, the cadences they have, everything I've read about boot camp and the pride in being a Marine. Best part? I'm not even American.
>>
>>29792891

Yeah you can. It's basically what happens if you're a fatass who lifts, the fat gets consumed while you actually grow muscle at the same time. Compare that to a fatass who just cuts without lifting and ends up skinny.
>>
>>29792903
That's if you have a decent muscle mass to start with, which isn't all that frequent.
You're gonna lose muscle if you cut, period.
>>
>>29792404
Lots and lots of running and bodyweight training. If you've seen marines in real life most of them aren't that big but have a lot of definition. If you stood the guy in the OP amongst a bunch of normal people you probably wouldn't even notice him.
>>
>>29792656
Former USMC here. 1-6 are dead on but genetics are a factor. Some people don't bulk as much and instead get Bruce Lee cut. Even as a double rat I never weighed more than 150. Lot of lean 03s and I've even seen some recon my build.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (43 KB, 434x680) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
43 KB, 434x680
>>29792404
Pay attention to the Solitary exercises by Mr. Bronson. The book is a bit scattered, but if you do what he says, you'll notice improvement.
>>
>>29792883
if you aren't hungry enough to eat more than 3.5kcal, then you aren't working out enough.

But seriously bro? Drink a protein shake made with whole milk. Eat a fucking burger with fries. Eat a bowl of ice cream.

Boom, you just ate about 3,500 calories. In one sitting.
>>
>>29792893
As someone who was a Marine let me tell you, you do not want to be a Marine.
>>
>>29792953

Why?

I don't give a fuck about the pay, I don't care about liberties, I just want to learn how to be a badass and kill people with a rifle or unarmed. I don't even give a shit if I'm a janitor for the entire time I'm in the fleet as long as I have those skills and the title of Marine.
>>
File: 1412617317569.jpg (21 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1412617317569.jpg
21 KB, 447x444
>>29792801
>wanting to cut and gain muscle at the same time

anon, I...
>>
>>29792938
I heard about that technique, dirty bulking, right? I'm taking protein shakes but even there, no improvement. Like this anon >>29792935
said, the best I can hope for is being skinnyfit instead of skinnyfat. I've become cautious on gaining more weight because I already have enough body fat as it is.
I think if you're skinnyfat and have a hard time building muscle, the best way to go is to cut first and get lean, then bulk and build muscle.
>>
>>29792969
Is it okay to still feel embarrassed even when you know it's a troll? I'm really conflicted right now.
>>
>>29792969
lol literally the mindset of everyone going in. then about 2 months after boot camp you realize you are stuck for 4 years dealing with retarded bullshit
>>
>>29792953
Ok so if not the Marines, then
>Air Force
or
>Coast Guard?
>>
>>29792985
Even if you have "skinny genes" (hint: most men people under 25 will have a hard time gaining weight if they're physically active), you can easily attain what the guy in the OP picture has within 18 months (starting from a base of a skinny guy) if you lift weights, run, and eat a decent amount of food that feels natural when combined with the hunger from large amounts of exercise + (PLUS!) drink protein shakes consistently.
>>
>>29792938
ice cream and fries wont help him build muscle
>>
>>29792404
>tfw I'm way more "jacked" then that
>>
File: 1461876570178.jpg (167 KB, 1111x983) Image search: [Google]
1461876570178.jpg
167 KB, 1111x983
>>29793021
pics/stats routine?
>>
>>29793018
>ice cream and fries won't help him build muscle

Ice cream will, it has a reasonable amount of milk protons in it. Fries and the sugar in the ice cream will give him fuel for running. I'm telling the guy to dirty bulk. He needs to stack on weight, build muscle, and then cut.

He can't eat salads and give up dairy (like he said he was doing) and reasonably expect to gain weight and muscle mass.
>>
>>29792404
Time. On active duty we had lots of time. I was a PT stud (still am compared to the non-vets).
the day went like this
>morning PT
>breakfast
>manual labor
>forced to do push ups for being late or because my SGT was an asshole
>lunch
>1sg is pissed off sp we all do push ups
>nothing going on so go to the gym or get busy work
>final formation....1SG still pissed so more PT
>Dinnnnneeeerrr
>beerthirty
>passout "late night" at 2100
>>
>>29792935
I feel ya there. I would get really cut but could never bulk more than 5 pounds, just how my body works I guess.

Guys tried convincing me roids or pro hormones (almost roids) would clear it up, and it did for other lean-bodies like me, but it also makes your nuts quit, lose your hair, grow tits, and fries your liver and kidneys.

Fit guys will lose thier shit talking about how you can supplement all those symptoms away but that shit is still gonna be frying your organs no matter what.

I would rather be 155 with a fully functioning penis and organs that some musscle beast who is going to get fat 30 days after he quits the sauce.
>>
>>29793045
this...im literally 220...i'm a fatty because personally it's easier to eat hella then once I'm at where I want to be, I'll cut. That's just me though, personally i love the feeling of gaining muscles and size then cutting and feeling/seeing the fat melt off.
OP if you're still here just eat, getting slightly chub sometimes comes with the territory (or getting outright fat)
>>
>>29792997
Coast Guard.
>>
>>29792969
Lol juvenile as fuck
>>
>>29793234

I'm 26. Whatever bro, I only have one life and I want to do this.

>>29792991

As opposed to dealing with retarded bullshit in the civilian world?
>>
>>29793058

What did your manual labor entail?
>>
>>29793346

I backed out of joining the Marines at 18. Don't regret it at all.
>>
>>29792447
If you're lifting and posting on fit, why don't you go over to fit and post this stupid shit over there and stop shitting up /k/?
>>
>>29792404
ITT

>Is SS+GOMAD a meme?

But

>Is "learning to salute shiny things" a meme?
>>
>>29792404
Steroids you dumb cunt

Also after their daily washing rocks and policing trash they either hit the gym or play xbox
>>
>>29792404
i know this marine.
hes a boot ass admin stupid on camp johnson.
everyone there has so much free time waiting for class to start they fucking pound supplements and lift every day.
>>
>>29793426
student**
>>
>>29793366
we had to inventory equipment so we dida fuck ton of layouts, shit was heavy! Also vehicles broke down all the time so we had to push humvees and shit. Sometimes we dug holes and moved rocks because SGT was an asshole. Lots of rucking. You know, Army shit.
>>
File: 2010-01-26-Strip_7_Gym_web.jpg (94 KB, 700x366) Image search: [Google]
2010-01-26-Strip_7_Gym_web.jpg
94 KB, 700x366
>>29792404
>POG LIFE
Be grunt, only few dudes are big. We spend most of our time in the field throwing rocks at other rocks and wasting away under our packs. Cardio for fucken days.
>>
>>29793618
This.
The "grunt gotta be big", meme is stupid. Grunts tend to have shitty food, shitty rest cycles, and only do cardio all the fuckin time. If you wanna hit the gym its on your own time after all that shit is done.
>>
>>29793688
>cardio
which is God tier if you're a leg
>>
Some guys just get lucky genetics. Pic related, these 3 guys are brothers.
>>
>>29793880
I'm going to bet they're all pogs.
>>
>>29793929
The one on the right is a grunt. Middle is indeed a POG (he was in my unit) and left I can't remember. I want to say infantry also but maybe not.
>>
>>29792447
Read the dieting guidelines, assuming you don't skip workouts and don't lift like a bitch, that's probably your problem. It was mine for a while.

At 5'11" male ~160lbs i eat 3000-3500 cal/day
>>
Strike your wife:

3x5
>>
>>29792404
They tren hard and eat clen.
>>
>>29792447
3x5 does nothing
5x5 will build strength, not much muscle
most body builders do a 8x3-4.
heres my wirkout week.
Mon: (chest and tris)
>incline bench, 6-8x4
>dumbell bench press 6x4
>overhead dumbbell tricep press 8x3
>chest flys 10x3
>dips 10x4
>military press 6x4
>10-20 min cardio
Tues:
>30-40 min cardio
wed: back&bis
>bent over rows 10x3
>weighted pull ups (or assisted if you cant do body weight yet) 6x4
>low rows 8x3
>thinker curls 6x4
>lat pull down 6x3
>Preacher curls 8x3
>dumbbell shrugs 15x5
>barbell shrugs (heavier weight) 8x4
>back flys 6x4
>every other week i run the rack/bicep burnouts, start with the heaviest DBs youcan curl, curl as many as you can, go down 10lbs, repeate untill you run out of weight, thats a set, i do 2-3 sets.
Thurs
>30-40 min cardio
Fri leg/arms/lower back
>squat 8x4
>bent leg dead lift 6x3
>calf raises 8x4
>hamstring curls 6x4
>lower back machine thing 6x4
>Then pretty much repeat my bi and tri workouts previosly mentioned
>10-15 min cardio
sat
>40-50 min cardio
sun
>rest
all the cardio times mentioned is time i spend in my target heart rate, not warm up, or cool down, i also do core workouts on my cardio days, but those are self explanitory.
you also need to make sure you are eating good, im doing 1g protien per 1 lb body weight, so if you were 200 lbs, you need 200g protien a day, if you are quite fat, or very skinny, you can change that to 1g protien per lb body weight YOU WANT TO BE, like a 300lb person with a lot of fat may go 240g protein, and a 130 lb skinny guy might eat 200g protien.
also, dont forget your carbs and fat, dont over do it, but if you dont have things for your body to burn for energy, it will burn the protein you eat for energy instead of making muscle.
with how i have things here, so far in 7 weeks i have lost ~10lbs of fat, and gained ~15 lbs of muscle, (eating about 4k calories a day) if you want to bulk up a little faster, dont do as much cardio, if you want to cut more, eat a little less,
>>
>>29794349
And do more cardio.
>>
>>29792515
I guarantee you it does not take 2-3 fucking years to get "Jacked" starting from any reasonable base i.e. not super fat and not super skinny
I always see people sying stupid shit like that either to make themselves feel better about their shit genetics or work out dedication or already "jacked" dudes trying to make it seem like they worked harder for what they've got
get bent you stupid fucking idiot
people like you are part of the reason why everyone is getting to be such fat disgusting abominations and saying its too hard to workout and theyd make now progress
>>
OP, this may be of considerable interest: http://startingstrength.com/article/starting_strength_and_barbell_training_in_the_military

>>29794554
>I guarantee you it does not take 2-3 fucking years to get "Jacked" starting from any reasonable base i.e. not super fat and not super skinny
Depends on your standards (what counts as "jacked"?) and your priorities.
>>
>>29794596
This is true, I was using OP's picture as a reference point sorry for the lack of clarification
>>
File: tumblr_o5wal0dVFp1s5kgq3o1_500.jpg (219 KB, 436x706) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5wal0dVFp1s5kgq3o1_500.jpg
219 KB, 436x706
>>29794651
Oh right my bad. Eh, lighting and tight shirts can do a lot, hard to say. But nobody who keeps lifting for more than a few months is satisfied with how they look.
>>
>>29792447
your doing it wrong
>>
>>29793880
>these 3 guys are brothers.
We can tell, anon.
>>
>>29792656
Why are you posting here instead of doing pull ups?
>>
>>29792404
We do regular PT every morning of our lives, and ALSO go smash the gym nearly every evening of our lives while drinking a ton of protein all the damn time. That's all it takes. Lifting for mass while also being forced to do Marine PT is an awesome combination. Finding people to lift with who are very aggressively competitive is also a must.
>>
>>29793094
Work out with the power lifting guys 4 days per week for 6mo. Then resume your normal workouts. If you don't gain then it's because you don't add plates. I live your life and that's why I haven't gotten big.
>>
>>29796966
OP isn't looking for the "Marines live a lifestyle that encourages/forces them to lift heavy and eat food" answer, OP is looking for the super secret classified Marine PT program you get when you enlist that turns you into a tank
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 398x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 398x450
>2016
>bothering to even lift as a natty
Kek

Brotip: anybody you see who is actually big and also cut isn't a natty

>b-but this athlete
Not natty
>muh model
Not natty
>t-this actor
Not natty

>big
>cut
>natty
You may pick two and only two
>>
>>29797008
AH in that case, hey OP, you just actually go to the gym and work out a lot. That's the entire secret. The word "actually."
>>
>>29794357
These colors don't run m8
>>
Why are there so many fucking Marines on 4chan if it's the smallest branch? I rarely see as many posters from the other services here.
>>
>>29792404
That guy's head doesn't look like a normal guy's head.
>>
>>29798462
In other words, you've been hanging out on /k/ for about a week.

Nevertheless, welcome.
>>
>>29792404
to get ripped it pretty much has to be the only thing you do
lift-eat-sleep
no time for job so your food and equipment has to be subsidised
>>
>>29798462
A lot, and I'm talking A LOT, of Marines, grew up getting picked on thus they joined the Corps thus they inevitably find 4chan for random thus they inevitably find weapons.

Seriously. I can't count on two hands the amount of closeted edgy internet nerds I've befriended in my grunt units. We are everywhere. That's why so many of us hate Marines. Because we know that shit, we probably should have joined along with our other stupid picked on nerd friends.
>>
>>29798545
The proverbial "star quarterback" in my high school joined the Army. I was one of those leather jacketed bullies. We both met up while serving in Korea. He ended up being leg arty. I made fun of him.

But no, 99% of personnel were not "nerds who got picked on." We had one single nerd in our 120+ man company.
>>
>>29798567
>lies
not surprising.
>>
>>29792456
>couldn't cut it ad a muhreen
Literally the dumbest branch
>>
The jealousy is real
>>
>>29793880
>lucky genetics
>being black
top kek
>>
>>29798462
because not everyone is so insecure that they need to shout it out to the world every chance they get just to justify making the wrong choice
>>
I was a grunt for 9 years I'm not particularly jacked just lifted a lot in free time 5'11 200 lbs no slack belly.
>>
>>29794554
So you acknowledge that some people have less advantageous genetics, then say it doesn't take years to get "jacked"?

It does for some people, you just said so yourself you fucking moron.
>>
>>29792404

Steroids. Not even joking. Steroid use is rampant in the marines.
>>
>>29792404
They dont have anything to do except go to the gym
>>
File: 9cdc74_4676325.jpg (101 KB, 1575x795) Image search: [Google]
9cdc74_4676325.jpg
101 KB, 1575x795
all these fucking veterans in this thread.
>tfw have blood disease
>rejected
>even people who die for a living didn't want me
fucking kill me now
>>
>>29797017

Is there any reason to not use roids? I've been reading and researching for a while and it seems there isn't much of a deal if you just blast test and cruise on it for a while,
>>
>>29802555
Yes. Their dick shrinks and they are the kind of guys that snap at their fellow men because muh roid rage. I served with a lot of them in the Infantry.

But gotta get swoll on deployment lol amirite.
>>
>>29801279
thats not fucking true. jesus christ. you don't know a god damn thing about the marines and that's obvious.

there are strippers
there are bars
there is marrying strippers
there are more bars
there is the buying of new vehicles
Again, there are bars
there are the wives of other marines
there is the buying of furniture
there are divorce hearings
there is the selling of said vehicles
>>
>>29802595

>roid rage
>test

Ok.
>>
File: tumblr_o56qi0JfDZ1upbk6jo1_540.png (563 KB, 540x528) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o56qi0JfDZ1upbk6jo1_540.png
563 KB, 540x528
>>29802555
Fertility can be an issue if you care about that. Usually reversible, but it can take a lot of fuckery with LH and HCG and finding a friendly cowboy doctor and whatnot to start things back up.

Apart from that, keep your doses moderate, diet good, bodyfat low, conditioning OK, don't take too many speedy drugs, should be good to go.
>>
>>29792404
The normal stuff, they just don't lift all the food they can find and eat it.
>>
>>29793618
>tfw the biggest guy at work is an e-6 YN(Admin)
>>
>>29799457
/pol/ please go
>>
Ive never really understood why people do roids

If you lift all the time you will already look big and strong

Honestly who are you trying to impress? The women will dig your natty muscles as is
>>
>>29802849
what do you mean fertility? If its issues preforming that would be a deal breaker, but if its just having kids thats a nonissue
>>
File: 2 scoops got me like.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2 scoops got me like.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>29804582

It's not just about impressing people so much as it is about being stronger. A roider leaves humanity behind.
>>
File: fatmarinelol.jpg (48 KB, 477x640) Image search: [Google]
fatmarinelol.jpg
48 KB, 477x640
>>29792404
Most Marines get so fit because Navy sperm has lots of proteins
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.