[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USAF Pararescue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
I was hoping for a little information here guys. I want to become a PJ in the reserves. However me not being a citizen means I cannot yet get secret clearance meaning no PJ.

What enlisted roles in the reserved will give me a good level of training and knowledge of medicine and medical work so as to put me in good stead for when I get my citizenship and go for Pararescue?

I know there is a /meg/ thread already but that shit seems to roll so fast getting an answer is like bobbing for apples.
>>
Also shameless self bump to a trailer for a new documentary following US Army air medics.

https://www.funker530.com/2663-2/
>>
There's nothing in the civilian world that will prep you for the medical training in the PJ pipeline.

EMT only allows a person to do VERY limited interventions due to the laws. Basically all you can do is tourniquet, wrap bandages, epipen, ventilate, and suggest the usage of certain medications.

An EMT isn't even legally allowed to start an IV, for instance.

So, the only preparing you ought to do in the civilian side is physical fitness. Get great at swimming, like stupid good. Running, obstacle courses, etc. Meet all the PT requirements and pass them.

If you're really serious about it, you only need a couple of months of consistent hard ass physical training and the right mindset.

Doing anything else in the military or civilian side to prepare for it is just a waste of time because of how not much translates to the job of a PJ unless you wanna spend years getting paramedic and working that. But that's at least 4 years before its worth it.
>>
>>29792212
Did you forget about paramedics you dense mother fucker?
>>
>>29792500
Read the whole post dumbass.
>>
>>29792212
I don't mean in the civil an world. I'm going to join the reserves now anyway, I want to know if there is a role is the US reserves that will give a some decent medical training in dealing with that sort of trauma.

On civil street I am gonna train as a paramedic just to jeep my quals up and grow accustomed to serious injuries.
>>
>>29792212

You haven't the faintest fucking clue what you're talking about
>>
>>29792582
Considering I'm trained in the field, yes I am.

There is no reason whatsoever to waste years upon years, especially with piss poor pay, when you still have to go through the PJ pipeline.

They'll medically train you, but they won't train you up to be physically and mentally prepared to do the job.

If this guys goals is to just be a paramedic, then thats fantastic. Go work on that. Reserves or guard as a medic? Sure, do that.

But if he wants to be a PJ, thats a completely different beast.
>>
>>29792576
Well as reserves or guard, you'll do tech school and get EMT. I highly doubt reserves or guard will put you in an active line company, so your training will be rusty as fuck in the 4 years you sign in that contract.

You can EMT in the civilian world while in, but know that until you go paramedic your capabilities will be minimal, and your experience will mainly be dealing with homeless alcoholic diabetics and hypochondriac old people.
>>
>>29792644
As a medic*

Once you've joined reserves or guard, you're committed to that contract till its up. And when you're in its much more difficult to get a future contract (PJ) you want, especially in the Air Force.
>>
>>29791343
Why would you want to do something like the PJ's in the reserve.

It sounds to me like you just want bragging rights without ever having to actually do anything.
Either commit to active service or dont join.
>>
>>29792851
I want to join the PJ'S because I want to serve and help The country I've moved to, the reason for the reserves is because the reason I moved is to marry my wife, I've had to spend years apart from her and don't particularly want to leave her just yet, at some point I may try to go active duty but for now I'd like to enjoy my marriage.
>>
>>29792976
Well to each thier own but I have some revelations for you
1: reserves dont really do jack shit, and if they are going to let you be a PJ its usually because you were already an active duty medic with some expierience, and they are going to expect you to be active.

2: once you join the reserves it is almost impossible to become active. It is literally easier to get your contract terminated in liu of joining another branch under an active classification than it is to just transfer to active. And thats not just a hypothetical expression, guys who want to serve active from the reserves are literally having to do that right now.
>>
>>29793042
So what your saying is it may be an idea to join another branch and then transfer and attempt to enter the PJ'S
>>
>>29793057
No, im saying that joining active duty or not at all is a better option.

If you join active duty you will be surrounded by fat losers who wander around in thier uniforms the 28 days a month they dont do shit claiming they are americas finest and getting free shit, then show up on the 29th and cant even run a mile without requiring oxygen and an IV.

Reservists are non-rates. The maybe 2 in 10 who arent burn themselves out trying to deal with the stupidity and give up.

1 of those 2 in 10 is going to be former active just coasting by in the reserves for bennies and tax breaks who could care less about anything because in thier mind they already did thier time and are owed something, or are just too scared to actually go into the real world post-active service without uncle sam holding thier hand.

Your leadership will be former active who know what the real military is and despise you for thinking you are even serving.

The reserves are possibly the most depressing unmotivated organization I have ever encountered.
>>
>>29793166
*if you join reserves you will be surrounded by fatties. I just got back fromfattiesin a bar drinkin, spelling is going down fast.
>>
>>29793166
Ok then my question still stands, what should I join as before going PJ'S
>>
>>29793228
Ideally, as a medic or corpsman attached to an infantry unit, or atleast one that forward-deploys.
>>
>>29793521
Do you know if army air medics are open to non citizens?
>>
>>29791343
There are no PJ reserves that I know of. If you want to be a PJ you have to be full time, and the pipeline is 2 years long if you can get in and stay in.
>>
>>29793533
>Navy Corpsman, greenside obviously.
So you can get used to getting fucked in the ass and doing stupid as fuck pt.
>>
>>29793228
Active duty air force
>>
>>29793578
Bitter corpsman detected.

So hows it feel to be treated just as shitty as a grunt without being half as stupid?

Lol, jk, you guys get shit on so hard.
>>
>>29793533
No idea. What are you? Mexican?

No idea what the citizenship process is or how it relates to medical.
>>
>>29793570
There are I've already checked that much
>>
>>29793661
British, citizenship takes about three years with military service.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.