[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Butterfly Knives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: knife.jpg (4 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
knife.jpg
4 KB, 212x238
Is a butterfly good in combat or is it only for tricks ?
>>
>>29790115
Someone tell me why a folding knife isnt better in every way
>>
Is a single shot shotgun good in combat or is it only for fun?
>>
>>29790238
Cause it's the same knife with a weaker frame and not as cool.
>>
>>29790115
In a spontaneous fight, they're not that reliable, taking on average even a second longer to whip out fully, and that second can be the difference between life and death.

If you've got the heads up, however, a balisong is truly one of the most effective intimidation knives available. If you're skilled enough to do several tricks in quick succession, you might even be able to just scare off any would-be attacker. The fear factor of these knives is why some states outlaw them.

Aside from that, they're no better or worse than any other small knife. They have the same problem that all folding knives possess; they're only as strong as their joints, and a full-tang knife will always perform better.
>>
They're functional knives with strong lockup that are easy to open quickly with one hand.

Yes, they're useful, functional knives and are good for more than tricks. But, considering the high price for most decent ones, and their illegal carry (or ownership) status almost everywhere, they're not very practical to carry around. Especially with so many good spring-assisted knives on the market for pretty decent prices. If want to get one because you think they're cool and don't mind the legal status, you could do a lot worse.
>>
>>29791360
This.

Rarely do you see an appropriate answer in these threads, kudos dude.
>>
>>29790115
they're novelty knives. sure you could use one for edc tasks, sure you could defend yourself with it, but there's literally no reason to carry one over a traditional folder or purpose made fixed blade.

that being said playing with them is fun as fuck
>>
>>29790912
>If you're skilled enough to do several tricks in quick succession, you might even be able to just scare off any would-be attacker.
Literally the pump action shotgun meme of the knife world.
>>
>>29790800
i'd want it over no shotgun
>>
I also love America, Yeah, Waepopns o mg. Kill hi
>>
Buy a knife with the wave feature.opening is lightning quick
>>
>>29794466

buy a fixed blade, it is quicker.
>>
>>29790115
The only people who think these are cool are people who watched Face Off on cable television too many times.
>>
>>29791360
>>29791523
These
>>
They're not bad for combat something like a bayonet or kramabit would be better, then again i don't know how to use a butterfly knive either
>>
>>29790912
jesus crhist. what a stuoid fucking idiot you are.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 520x678
>>29790912
>>
>>29796157
Did you just get off CSGO?
You know there are other knife designs?
>>
no i didn't just get off cs go i actually have done large research about these knives i can tell you a bayonet is one of the best combat knives for example the gut knife is a horrible combat knife
>>
>>29797098
>I have never used a knife before
Thanks for that, but it doesn't really contribute to the thread, does it?
>>
>>29790238
the joint of a butterfly knife is much stronger than an otherwise folding knife. a good one could very literally be considered for prying, which you would never do with a pocketknife
>>
The only people who seriously consider a fucking knife for self defense are yuropoors, prisoners, weaboos, and 16 year olds with autism.
>>
>>29797963
a consideration is self defense yes, but obviously blades are generally considered as tools. nobody here is testifying to any 16 inch serrated zombie killers
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.