[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it that can force a man to fight to the death? I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14
File: 300.jpg (437 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
437 KB, 1680x1050
What is it that can force a man to fight to the death?

I feel that motivation was lost in men at least half a millennium ago.

I know not of a single man, including myself, who would stand and die with Leonidas at the Battle of Thermopylae, knowing I would die.
>>
>>29789791
Not wanting to die
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 540x720
Well that was some real stupid shit you wrote there OP, this is now a cringe thread.
>>
>>29789791
Bitch made niggas. I would gladly die defending my homeland or America for that matter.
>>
being a primitive minded less self aware human animal that is different from you in virtually every manner

but rest assured even without being a knuckle dragger or glossy eyed peasant, there are still brave modern people out there, you pussy
>>
vodka and pure dedication to your country is what it takes
>>
>>29789800
You'd die for the reason of not wanting to die?
>>
File: 1438807949249.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1438807949249.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>29789813
>believing russian propaganda
>>
>>29789813
American SOF guys did the exact same shit when they got overrun by NVA in Vietnam. You don't really need much motivation other than "Fuck it, if these pricks are going to kill me I want them to die too."
>>
I'd say most men. No Genova convention back then. Fight and die or the Persians will come and rape and enslave your family. Not to mention spartan propaganda from birth.
Also
>half a millennia ago
Banzai?
Kamikaze?
The last defence of Berlin? (Again because the soviets weren't people you wanted to surrender to)
>>
I joined the USMC in 2005. I was an 0331 machine gunner. When I was in Iraq I volunteered to be first truck first gun. I hoped to die in battle. Over a decade later and my body is destroyed and I post on a anime board. I hate every day of my life. I don't hope for anything better. My only hope now is that Trump wins and all hell breaks loose.
Than I can take my broken body and mind and find purpose in Making America Great Again.
>>
>>29789813

Reminder that Alexander Prokhorenko doesn't actually exist

Reminder that you shouldn't believe Russian propaganda
>>
File: tumblr_m141rpP91a1rr3jruo1_500.png (912 KB, 496x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m141rpP91a1rr3jruo1_500.png
912 KB, 496x750
>>29789835
>believing that this story is fake based on no evidence apart from anti Russian feelings
>>
>>29789813
>believe Russian propaganda
You might as well worship Kim Jong Un as Dear Leader and buy into all the propaganda they spew too.
>>
File: G17.jpg (823 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
G17.jpg
823 KB, 1200x1600
To protect my baby boy.
Pic related.
>>
>>29789874
hurr durr anything russia says is propaganda saddam had wmds merica didndu nuffin
>>
>>29789905
I didn't make that claim so cool your butthurt Ivan. This story however is 100% pure propaganda.
>>
File: Rrrurus.png (144 KB, 393x390) Image search: [Google]
Rrrurus.png
144 KB, 393x390
>>29789813
HERE COME THE VATNIKS

HIDE YOUR WOMEN, HIDE YOUR CHILDREN
>>
>>29789791
>I feel that motivation was lost in men at least half a millennium ago.

I'd post MFW the world wars happened, but I ain't got one that's condescending enough.

People who glorify violence and see war as anything but a necessary evil are faggots. Quit being a faggot.
>>
>>29789916
WERE ALREADY HERE, CAN YOU OF SMELL THE COSMOLINE AND POTATO YET COMRADE?
>>
>>29789791
>I feel the motivation in men was lost
>what are banzia charges
>what is soviet charges
>what is last defense of Berlin
>what is those brazilian guys who fought to the death
>what is that Belgium soldiers who fought German army almost to the death

All it takes is a love of your cause/love of country/love of your people /etc and the right situation. Seemingly normal people would fight to the death or close to it.
>>
>>29789791

Being reared that way from youth is a good start. Telling them that by dying in combat will give them a rich reward in the afterlife is another thing.

The Vikings and Snackbars both taught the later and it worked to get them to eagerly die.

The IJN and Nazis taught their youth the prior and it apparently worked well for many of their elite units to not fear death on the battle field.
>>
>>29790084

I hope you're not implying Soviet death-chargers were motivated by more than anything than a gun in the back of those who took part?
>>
>>29790370
I hope you're not trying to imply that literally no slaviet belived in defense of the motherland.
>>
>>29789791
Antman is one of those types
>>
File: progress.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
>>29789791
The men of today are not so different from the men of 500 years ago. The difference is that the society of today frankly isn't worth dying for.
>>
File: skeleton guerilla fighter.jpg (67 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
skeleton guerilla fighter.jpg
67 KB, 600x800
>>29789791
>What is it that can force a man to fight to the death?

The fear that if you live, you'll wished you had died.

For example, any sane person fighting a group such as ISIS will more than likely fight to the death from fear of being captured and tortured to death.
>>
File: please let this be fake.jpg (144 KB, 800x428) Image search: [Google]
please let this be fake.jpg
144 KB, 800x428
>>>29789791 (OP)

Off the top of my head?

>What is Little Bighorn
>What is Battle of France
>What is Taffy 3
>What is Berlin, 1945
>What is Dien Bien Phu
>What is Donetsk Airport
>What is Aleppo

Fuck off /pol/nigger. Have some cringe with your historical illiteracy
>>
>>29789791
>I know not of a single man, including myself, who would stand and die with Leonidas at the Battle of Thermopylae, knowing I would die.

Consider the fact that like attracts like.
>>
File: Dresden Dead Body.jpg (254 KB, 795x820) Image search: [Google]
Dresden Dead Body.jpg
254 KB, 795x820
>>29790569
>The fear that if you live, you'll wished you had died.

Ah, the joys of modern war...
>>
>>29789791
Family. If the only thing between my family and something trying to kill them was me I would without a doubt fight to the death. If I abandoned them and they died I'd probably end up killing myself out of guilt or drinking myself to death. Might as well take the path that gives them a better chance at living.
>>
>>29789831
No you mong that's the reason, you fucking fight as if you are fighting to the death and you'll likely come out the victor.
>>
>>29789800
/thread
>>
>>29789837
/thread

Well put
>>
>>29790370
Do you base all of your facts off of Enemy at the Gates?
>>
>>29789791
You'd have to be a sheltered idiot to believe this. Yes maybe in the US or west Europe where war has no effect on the common person unless they wish to fight. But even than 50 years ago the draft was still a thing in America an many men age 17+ had seen combat or atleast we're trained for it. But now days we live our lives in such comfort were far removed from war, it's a idea many can't even fathom. But remember that is that west, in the east conscription and war is still fresh in the mind and a normal part of life.
>>
>>29789791
Just look at the Middle East! Technology has gotten better but things remain the same. Death is a much more common thing there, life carries far less value.
>>
>>29789848

>broken body

What happened?
>>
File: 1378146848014.jpg (114 KB, 900x770) Image search: [Google]
1378146848014.jpg
114 KB, 900x770
>>29789791

>What is it that can force a man to fight to the death?

When you are cornered and the only escape you see is to fight, without knowing how it will end.

When you are trapped and know this really is the end.

When you know that if you don't try, someone else will die and you like that "someone" very much - your family, friend, fellow soldier etc.

You are crazy to think people wouldn't do it these days too - it's just they don't have to, you don't have wars with western people who HAD TO go there to defend their family or something.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.