[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lelkek KSG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 304x166) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 304x166
Have a chance to buy a KSG for what I think is a good price ($500). Has plastic magpul flip ups and a 'red dot' which I assume means walmart dot.

How bad are they? I generally avoid everything Lel makes but these seem unique and possibly fun.
>>
>>29788630
They're well designed, light, easy to strip down, very compact. I have shot one, though I don't own one. Finding one under $700 is pretty close to impossible.
>>
>>29788630

for that price buy it as an investment piece. seriously.

I paid $399 for a PLR-16 years ago. It's held it's value.
>>
>>29788650
>>29788658
Thanks anons. Seems like if I don't dig it I can at least get my money back out of it easily.
>>
>>29788630
Having shot one a fair bit and then passing in it due to reliability problems, I would try to shoot it before buying, especially at an unusually low price like that.
>>
>>29788680
I've only shot keltec's pistols and they sucked, but I've always heard their long guns were better in terms of reliability.

Seems like his guy needs funds, he started it on a local gun board for $750 and has been dropping it in $25 increments every day. I sent him an offer of $500 and he said if we can do it today he is in. If it is unreliable I'll just resell it I guess.
>>
File: IMG_20151114_090950762.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151114_090950762.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
>>29788696
Fair enough. I have their RFB and it's pretty meh-tier. New KSGs are around $800, usually a bit less.

I have been around a couple KSGs since then that shot fine. I went with the DP-12, but plan to get a KSG and UTS-15 down the road.
>>
Don't know how things are in the States, but here in New Zealand I've had known Mongrel Mob associates offer me an AK-47 on the cheap. I didn't buy it, of course, and they were arrested a week later for using it in a string of robberies before they tried to sell it.
The moral of the story is practice caution.
>>
They're fine unless it is a first generation. You just have to pump it like you mean it, enjoy hot brass hitting your forearm, and take care not to pull the trigger with your hand in front of the muzzle. Law enforcement and prisons seem to like them as you see more of them buying the ksg.
>>
>>29788704
>but plan to get a KSG and UTS-15 down the road.
Skip the UTAS15, I have one. Watched an anon field strip his KELTEC while standing next to me at MWNF last year and I shit brix at how easy it was compared to the clusterfuck of removing half a dozen easy to loose c clips and pins from my UTAS15.
Go with the KELTEC anon.
>>
>>29788704
clean your room
>>
>>29788630
Single most uncomfortable gun I have ever had the misfortune to shoot. Not to mention dangerous and poorly made.
Do not buy one unless you plan on flipping it. There's a reason used ones are everywhere.
>>
>>29790947
Damn anon, you'll almost be able to make the next cod game yourself. I like it
>>
>>29788704
Care to share any more details on the RFB?

I love how they look and want a bullpup with a larger caliber so keep looking at the RFB.
>>
File: 20160430_120343.jpg (209 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20160430_120343.jpg
209 KB, 640x480
Just bought this today for 429.00 NIB. Went straight to the range to zero the irons and run some rounds through.

After a little over 150 rounds of various loads and manufacturers, no malfunctions whatsoever, even with some wolf 115 grain. G17 PMAG gave me no issues either.
>>
File: IMG_2304.jpg (143 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2304.jpg
143 KB, 640x640
Op here: I bought it.

The red dot was junk as expected so I yarded it off. Battery dead and the sight probably wasn't worth the cost of a replacement.

Shot a half dozen tubes full of 2.75" bird shot reloads and it cycled fine. Recoil is pretty stout but that it not surprising given its light weight and meh ergos. It worked fine and didn't misfeed.

I don't hate it so far and am pleasantly surprised that it seems to be better constructed than the Lelkek products I have seen before.

Anyway I can see how someone playing tacticool ninja warrior could shoot his hand off if he picked a junk VFG. Luckily the magpul that came with this one has fasteners that engage 2 slot in the rail.
>>
>>29794925
congratz OP. That's the later gen model based on the curve of the pump, so it shouldn't give you feed issues. Make sure to pump it with purpose.

I attached the extended butt pad to mine. It helps a tiny bit with recoil, but like you said the gun is so light it can't be helped.
>>
>>29794925
That's really good to hear man. The forehead busting off during cycling is the biggest concern I've heard.

Would recommend some real time spend running around with it and learning how to move and cycle it under speed and awkward positions. And start checking out different loads for it. Plenty of giggle inducing stuff you can do with two seven round tubes and a switch.
>>
>>29795092
I'll check out the extended butt and try to get one inbound.

>>29795154
I am going to shoot some more with it at my range to get more grooved in with it and make sure it works fine. It seems like the perfect HD shotgun...14 rounds of ammo and good room to put a light on.
>>
>>29790947
I just want the trifecta of bullpup shotguns.

I may have to get a High Standard Model 10 and the factory bullpup 590 prototype, but I spent all my money on stupid guns like a VL caseless 22 and a M1896/11.
>>
>>29795281
Hell yeah budday. Plus it's got that click clack universal final warning sound that pump actions possess. Nothing says GTFO like racking a 12 gauge.
>>
>>29794925
Good deal.

What do you plan to do sight wise?
>>
>>29788658
Seconding this notion. If Hillary is elected it'll certainly be banned by name
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.