[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knife fights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11
Are self defense knives an effective way to defend yourself?

Is it worthwhile to have a rifle, your sidearm and then a knife?
Or is the knife completely unnecessary?
>>
>>29788506
Think of a knife as a tool rather than weapon.
>>
>>29788506
>What's the matter Red....you scared!!?
>>
>>29788506
A knife is not a good self defense weapon. That said, if you can get in close and stab a motherfucker repeatedly, you might do alright. Best have some strong muscles, though. Shit's not easy.
>>
It's OK if you have no other option. But desu a long piece of wood is better.
>>
>>29788506
I'll tell you like a trauma surgeon told me. In a knife fight the loser dies at the scene and the winner does on the way to the hospital.
>>
>>29788506
If you're in combat and you're using cqc you done fucked up.
>>
I carry an ESSE 4 which could be used as a weapon but thats not why I carry it
I mean, you'll win vs an unarmed attacker but other than that no, not really a good plan
>>
File: Karambit-2-10-Final-1200x959.jpg (157 KB, 1200x959) Image search: [Google]
Karambit-2-10-Final-1200x959.jpg
157 KB, 1200x959
>>29788506
Get a karambit. If you can get close enough a slash across the gut, up under the arm, or across the area where the groin and leg connect will cripple a target completely.
>>
>>29789913
Any knife will cripple a target if you cut those places

The difference between a karambit and your usual straight bladed knife is that the karambit is useless at things a knife is used for 99% of the time it's used.

Unless you're an electrician, My friend uses one for stripping cable because of the very fine point
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 500x487
It is just like fighting unarmed.
Hell, even fighting with a rifle or pistol you need practice.

You need years of training under a legit instructor.
Looking into eskrima/kail/ares.
It seams to be the only melee weapon style that holds up in todays world.

If you watched borne movie series with matt damon. All fights were choreographed under a eskrima instructor.
>>
>>29789959
lol i'm an electrician.
>>
>>29788506

Not really, knives are not deadly in the modern world anymore.
>>
File: 1458223208150.jpg (81 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1458223208150.jpg
81 KB, 750x750
>>29790010
>>
>>29790010
>Knives are not deadly in the modern world

>"Oh my god he's been stabbed someone get him to a hospital"
>"Nah it's fine it's just a knife some anon on /k/ said they're not deadly anymore"
People get stabbed to death all the time
>>
File: Conscience%20copy.jpg (1 MB, 2918x1965) Image search: [Google]
Conscience%20copy.jpg
1 MB, 2918x1965
>>29789778
>I mean, you'll win vs an unarmed attacker but other than that no, not really a good plan

Depends on the unarmed attacker
>>
>>29790033
Bruce lee wasn't unarmed

He carried a gun because people kept trying to fight him
>>
combat crabs
>>
File: kbar tanto.jpg (329 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kbar tanto.jpg
329 KB, 600x600
if you have this mil-spec i guarantee that you will beat any of those normie knife fighters any god damn day.
>>
>>29789742
A surgeon did not tell you that, it's an old adage that you saw on the internet and you're trying to give it extra credence by tying it to a professional who you think carries extra clout.

Try a cop next time, they'll actually be aware of what happened to both parties.
>>
There's no real reason not to carry a knife, most of the time.
They're handy things. Cut rope, open packages, clean under your fingernails etc.
Don't expect it to win you a fight, but you never know. Maybe waving it around when a couple niggers accost you in an alley will get you out alive.
>>
File: T-RAZOR_Black_4.png (198 KB, 649x433) Image search: [Google]
T-RAZOR_Black_4.png
198 KB, 649x433
In goofier knife news, a $236 tactical straight razor.
http://www.extremaratio.com/t-razor-black.html
>>
What's better for a fight: a knife or a large doggo?
>>
>>29790101
>Not edcing a knife wielding large doggo
>>
>>29790091
>tactical straight razor
>tactical razor
fuck me..
>>
>>29790101

aren't doggos just a bunch of tiny knives with fur around them?
>>
>>29790101
considering that any competent person can break a dog's jaw with little effort as long as they're not being shot at, I'd say a knife. A dog can only be counted on one time, and that's just for a distraction.
>>
File: assult[1].png (399 KB, 1521x912) Image search: [Google]
assult[1].png
399 KB, 1521x912
>>29790041
Singlehandedly responsible for saving the world from being taken over by aliens.
>>
File: 86513580_133135429001.jpg (58 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
86513580_133135429001.jpg
58 KB, 768x432
>>29790135

Sometimes doggos are bunches of tiny alien cells with fur around them
>tfw you go to pet the cute dog but get brutally assimilated
>>
>>29790138
I love to see you try this before any breed topping 110lbs rips your fucking face off.
>>
>>29789983
I don't think people shouldn't waste their time learning knife fighting martial arts before they learn unarmed martial arts. The problem with the knife arts is that nobody can really go at each other full force and test what happens, because knife incapacitation is controversial and because there is no way to measure who is credible and who is not. Not to mention that the knife world is full of nut-jobs and insecure manchildren.

IMO if you train a striking art and a grappling art, and then take a class from someone who will let you use soft knives and go at it forcefully, you'll be fine without spending a shit ton of time practicing kali templates and doing FMA slappy hands and whatever.
>>
File: lobster-knife-fight.jpg (60 KB, 550x448) Image search: [Google]
lobster-knife-fight.jpg
60 KB, 550x448
>>29788506
first post best post, but also wanted to add this.
>>
>>29788506
A knife is more of a tool. The reason people carry it for self-defense is because it's intimidating.
Would you try to fist fight someone with a knife?
>>
>>29788531
underrated post.
>>
Why do people ask such completely retarded questions?
>Are self defense knives an effective way to defend yourself?
First, what is a "self defense knife" anyways?
Is it like an assault gun?
And yes fucktard, its a knife, you can kill people with a knife so obviously its better to have one than not have one.
>Is it worthwhile to have a rifle, your sidearm and then a knife?
In what situation?
And in what situation do you run completely out of bullets and decide that you have to stab a nigger?
Do you live in Detroid?
Do you have brain damage?
>Or is the knife completely unnecessary?
Again, its a fucking knife.
Its sharp and its pointy.
You can use it to cut or stab a bitch and once you're done with that you can make some beautiful wood carvings.
So no its not unnecessary.
>>
>>29788531
Now stand back I gotsta practice my stabbin!
>>
>>29788506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9_VINMmsus
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.