[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /k/ I'm looking for a reliable handgun to IPSC Production.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: hk_vp_9_F.jpg (783 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
hk_vp_9_F.jpg
783 KB, 1000x665
Hi /k/

I'm looking for a reliable handgun to IPSC Production. It has to be striker fired.

My choice comes down to VP9 and P320.

What would You guys recommend me for my first gun?
>>
>>29788459
>to IPSC Production

Go shoot both, /k/ literally does not matter for something like this.
>>
>>29788478
Truth be told, I've shot P320 i kind of like it, its ergonomics feel way better than G17. The problem is that nobody around ows VP9 and I've heard it's very decent gun, a little above P320.

But VP9's barrel length equals 4,1 inches, while P320 it's 4,7. Difference nearly as between G17 and G19
>>
>>29788493

i have both, don't know if i'd agree with the vp9 being a little better than the 320, the 320 has a better trigger that's for sure. with the modularity i'd actually give a nod to the 320.
>>
>>29788493
>The problem is that nobody around ows VP9

It's a good gun. Only real problems are it's only a 15rd gun and the mags are ~$30-$40 each. Then again, the P320 is the same with the expensive magazines.

I'd look into the other popular striker fired guns too. Remember, you're going to be shooting the shit out of your gun. Make sure it's the one that works best for you. Take the aftermarket possibility into account.

And the VP9 water test thing is a meme and isn't exactly true.
>>
Glock 34
>>
>>29788493
I have a 320. Compared to my 226 I'm not impressed. Befor you faggots yell at me cuz 2 completely different styles of guns, I shoot lots of handguns, and I'm wishing I had bought a glock or vp9.
>>
My first handgun I bought personally was a VP9 and I love the thing. So from experience OP I would recommend it. Been shooting it all the time for a year and a half and absolutely zero malfunctions.
>>
>>29788459
Pick em up and shoot them. Tried both and g17 & g19. Ended up going with the vp9, very very happy in the end.
>>
That moment you realise the vp9 is just a walther ripoff

Inb4 butthurt hk fanboys
>>
>>29788459
>V P MEME
never again
>>
I shot one because I wanted to compare it side by side to a P30L I had with me. It's pretty comfy, and the recoil impulse is low, I liked it. I haven't shot the P320, but it is Dugan approved and I've heard a lot of good things about it. Go find somewhere you can maybe rent both and shoot them side by side and make a decision from there.
>>
>>29788459
The VP9 is a fragile gun with a trash stock trigger. It hates being any degree of dirty, and gets very unpredictable when you even drop it in water. Compared to some other guns I'd recommend, namely Walther's equivalent, the VP9 is the typical convoluted oper8r bullshit people have come to expect from HK. My experience with the Sig was the same as most other guns, being that the bore axis was notably high compared to almost every other make.

If ergonomics are a concern, I'd recommend the Walter PPQ M1 or M2 (depending on preferred mag release paddle/button style) or a G17/19 with an after market ergo grip. You can also by DIY grip tape kits and cut it to fit the non-factory shape of the Glock handle.
>>
>>29789500
Sorry, had to type this in a hurry. I'll clear a couple things up after I reread that.

My experience with the Sig was the same as most of -their- other guns, being that the bore axis was noticeably higher compared to almost every other make. It was distracting in how high it was, such that it made shooting any other of the pistols I have different, or even worse.

You can also buy DIY grip tapes for specific Glock models (as supported on the IPSC Prod approved list) so you can further enhance the texture on whatever Glock you might end up putting an aftermarket grip on.

Additionally, there's a reason that Glock is so well regarded in the striker market. Any time you find yourself spending over $500USD on a striker, chances are you are overlooking a Glock for some pretty nonsensical reason. The VPmeme is a perfect example of this.
>>
>>29789578
>spouting all of this stupid regurgitated bullshit
>>
>>29788459
P747-800
>>
File: P1060328-900x600.jpg (63 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
P1060328-900x600.jpg
63 KB, 900x600
OP here,

Thank you all for your comments, i've decided to go with P320.
>>
>>29789594
>getting mad about the truth

Go see a counselor, champ.
>>
>>29789578

>bore axis

found the faggot
>>
>>29788459
The VP9. It's probably not the greatest for CCW or HD but they are accurate, trigger is nice, and it's really easy to operate.
>>
File: 2016-01-23 16.45.41 (Copy).jpg (381 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-23 16.45.41 (Copy).jpg
381 KB, 1600x900
>>29789640
It's a really fun gun to shoot, and it shoots extremely well. Out of all the handguns I've had a chance to fire, it's only second to the FNX 45 Tactical. A very close second at that. Also, I highly recommend the flat faced trigger from Apex.
>>
>>29789751
Being this mad that Glock is better than Shitsour
>>
>>29789752
>VP9
>trigger is nice
Shit taste in triggers, m8
>>
>>29789500
>The VP9 is a fragile gun with a trash stock trigger. It hates being any degree of dirty, and gets very unpredictable when you even drop it in water.
that sure is a lot of parroted memery. have you ever shot a vp9? cause you bashed the trigger then recommended a glock.
>>
>>29790110
The trigger is awesome, what is wrong with you?
>>
>>29790110
>>29790711
he bashes vp9 but offers no proofs or even offering any alternatives. typical shitposter not here to help OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 615x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 615x346
>>29789734
>bore axis mattering
>vp9 unable to shoot when muddy
>hurr glawks are so much moar affordable!!1
>completely ignores the fact that you need to spend an extra $150 for nightsights when the p320 comes with them standard

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc

Get learnt, you ignorant motherfucker
>>
P320. Crisper trigger, better ergos, dat modularity. Also should be cheaper depending on where you are with the option to use alternate calibers in the full-sized model.
>>
>>29790802
aw babe so mad and inexperienced.

HK & Sig are overrated. "Learnt" lol, learn to speak first, why don't you.
>>
>>29790802
>nightsights

who gives a fuck about nightsights you fucking poser
fucking mall ninja nunce LOL
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.