[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No guns becomes sumguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 360x202
Hey, /k/
Nogun here, I'm going to go shooting guns for the first time in my life (.22-.32 cal pistols, probably) within a week
I know a little bit about guns, due to some research such as: it's a mag, not a clip, don't point it at things you're not willing to destroy, and the basic operations of a firearm.
Do I need some more preparation going into this?
Are there some things I need to know?
Thanks for sharing your /k/nowledge
>>
>>29787249

Always make sure the chamber is clear.
>>
File: 1458542432640.jpg (739 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1458542432640.jpg
739 KB, 2448x3264
>>29787249
After removing a mag, pull the slide back and forth to make sure it's clear
Lean into the gun, unlike your gif
If firing rifles, place the stock under the bend in your clavicle
use both ear protection and eye protection

you sound like you're not retarded, so you should be fine. have fun anon
>>
>>29787271
When not firing, I assume?
>>
>>29787279
Even when firing. Bullets are just for show, when you pull the trigger Allah will place and fire a round in your gun for you
>>
>>29787249

never look down the barrel
know how to check if that gun is loaded
know how to cycle the action of that gun
know how to turn the safety on/off
focus on the front sight only
wear ear pro
>>
>>29787271
>>29787249
And even after you clear it its still not clear
>>
>>29787293
it's like the 2nd amendment:
>SHALL NOT BE CLEARED
>>
>>29787271
this. Take the magazine out then check if there's still a bullet. Always point gun downrange, even when not shooting (lay down gun pointing down range if you want to put it down and its still loaded). Do not handle a loaded gun while resting/doing nothing, it diminishes chances of flagging someone (pointing gun at them). Don't handle gun even when unloaded unless pointing down range, it builds a good habit. Always handle the gun as if its loaded, keep finger off trigger until you're ready to fire.

>>29787279
right after you think you've finished the magazine. Even if it won't fire you still want to check. It just builds the habit of checking that the firearm isn't loaded or doesn't have a bullet that for some reason hasn't been fired yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 600x440
Thanks, /k/
I'll try to keep all this in mind
>>
>>29787249
Make sure your hands are clear of the pistol slide.

Keep both eyes open.

Google the sight picture, so you know how to align the sights and where the bullet will impact.

For a steady grip, crush it as hard as you can and then back off until it stops shaking.
>>
>>29787293
Anytime you suspect there's a cartridge in the chamber, rack the slide repeatedly until you've cleared that cartridge and every cartridge in the magazine. Then hit the magazine release button, clear that mag, pop in another, and keep racking it until you've cleared all those cartridges.

Then grab the gun off the guy in the bay next to you, and do the same thing to it until you're sure his gun is clear. Then throw all the guns on the floor and run away screaming "bullets, bullets!"
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.