[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real combat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: MiG-29_fuselage.jpg (906 KB, 2640x1850) Image search: [Google]
MiG-29_fuselage.jpg
906 KB, 2640x1850
Were there any real combat between NATO and soviet jets ?
I'm only talking about 2 jets engaging each other not two squadrons .
I heard that a incident like that between one Libyan mig and one Italian f16 happened
>>
>>29783392
Yes.
>>
No, shit like that would've triggered WW. If Turkey shot down that russian jet 30 years ago it would've caused a war.
>>
>>29783392
Pretty much constantly, just not necessarily between actual NATO or Warsaw Pact member states. Israel was one of the first to get F-15s and curbstomped Russian-made fighters with them, for instance.
>>
>>29783392
Yes, Korea.
>>
NATO and (officially) Soviet-piloted jets never engaged each. MiGs and Sukhois did repeatedly get BTFO'd by F-4s, F-14s, and F-15s in different Cold War locales.
>>
Did Pakistan and India ever have dogfights after India started getting Russian hardware? I know they had a bunch of wars where it was American jets on the Pakistani side and British for India.

I believe Iran shot down some Russian jets belonging to some other middle eastern state on a few occasions, including several with their F-14s. (Supposedly they have the only Phoenix kills ever.)
>>
>>29783392
There was real air to air combat between the Su-27 and the Mig-29 over Eritrea and the Su-27 won handily.
>>
>>29784489
>Did Pakistan and India ever have dogfights after India started getting Russian hardware?

Only once during the 1999 Kargil War, and only to secure airspace since it was an undeclared proxy-war.

>While PAF fighters did fly Combat Air Patrols (CAP) during the conflict, they stayed well within Pakistani air space. On occasions, IAF MiG-29s armed with the deadly R-77 BVR Air-to-Air missiles were able to lock on to PAF F-16s, forcing the latter to disengage. In the absence of a PAF threat, the IAF was able to deliver numerous devastating strikes on intruder positions and supply dumps.

>http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20050520.aspx

Mig-29 were more than a match for the F-16 early blocks at the time. I don't know about now. Fighters Jets are evolving platforms.
>>
>>29783392
Rimon 20: A fight between frontline Western and Soviet aircraft. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rimon_20

>Israeli airforce raping Egyptian forces in air and land during War of Attrition.
>Soviets chuckle and say Egyptians are cucks.
>Abdul, let me an Boris handle the real man's job while you can go back to fucking camels.
>Soviet send frontline fighter squadrons and air defense forces.
>Mere presence of Soviets cause Israelis to back off for a while.
>Soviets keep showing the barbed dildos, Israel keeps backing off.
>Soviets aggressively seeking engagement and shooting Israeli fighters while Israel keeps loosing fighters to various reasons.
>Israel decides to fuck up Boris and his salo-eating fagots in a major fight.
>Completely cucks the Soviets in the air with 5 Soviet fighters downed for zero losses.
>Egypt is so fucking smug that the Soviets got buttfucked that they tell the world, "SOVIETS GOT FUCKED"
>>
>>29784824
>le cuck cucked epicks cuck
Your post is awful
To OP, Gulf 1 and Gulf 2 had some NATO on WARPAC hardware meeting up.
>>
>>29785211
>To OP, Gulf 1 and Gulf 2 had some NATO on WARPAC hardware meeting up.
Including that one time a Strike Eagle killed a Hind air to air with a GBU-10 2000lbs laser-guided bomb.
>>
>>29786119
Or that time when a EF-111 and a Strike Eagle killed a Mirage together.
Yay teamwork!
>>
Vietnam, Congo, Egypt.
>>
So were Eastern Bloc fighters of the Cold War generally inferior to Western ones? Is that why they always got BTFO'd or is it just that smelly Arabs can't fly property?
>>
>>29784489
1971 India-Pakistan War

>When the war started on December 3, six squadrons of MiG-21FLs were part of the IAF's order-of battle, participating in operations both in the eastern and western sectors. By the time hostilities ended on December 16, the MiGs had downed four F-104 Starfighters, two F-6s, an F-86 Sabre and a C-130 Hercules of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

https://in.rbth.com/blogs/2013/12/19/dogfight_duke_the_mig_that_forced_an_armys_surrender_31775
>>
>>29786248
Arabs can't fly for shit. Even when you hold their hands some organizational defect or shortcoming really fucks their ability to fight a long term war hard.

Soviets also got BTFO too but unlike Arabs they at try to learn how and why.
>>
>>29786318
The core problem though was that Soviet doctrine, which was hard-built into the designs, dictated ground control as the primary means of vectoring fighters into adversaries. While western is more flexible and trusts the pilots not to just defect with the fighter.
>>
>>29786229
Forsyth even wrote something about East German pilots flying MiG-17s during the Congo crisis because the Algerians were terrified to fly at night.
>>
Gulf of Sidra 1989

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN_8tmfI7mA
>>
>>29787670
God damn battle chatter like that makes me moist.
>>
File: citationneededm8.jpg (29 KB, 910x134) Image search: [Google]
citationneededm8.jpg
29 KB, 910x134
>>29784317
>>
>>29788018
that is a list of losses, as in UN lost a shitfuckton
>>
>>29784159
Soviet made, not Russian made.
>>
Both the Gulf of Sidra incidents involved U.S. naval fighters confronting Soviet made fighters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Sidra_incident_%281981%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Sidra_incident_%281989%29
>>
>>29790496
Pataytoh, potahtoh.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.