[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AIM Surplus doxxed its customers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (20 KB, 190x147) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20 KB, 190x147
These fucking dickheads can't into security before using a system that stores IDs and FFL data. Some leet haxxor (probably 4chan himself) wrecked their shit.

Anyone else get the letter today?
>>
>>29783079
nope but it's been a year since I've purchased from them, give more details on the situation.

Why not copy and post what the email said?
>>
No e-mail on my end. The last thing I purchased from them were those Jerichos that went up. I think that was over a year ago.
>>
No letter for me, did get an email about a sale.

They've got p64s on sale for 200, worth it?
>>
The only thing I have ever bought from them was literally one box of M2 Ball 30-06
>>
>no screenshot/photo
>no text from letter
>no one else has confirmed
which competitor are you from?
>>
>>29783433
Are you sure about that? I saw themail there for 250. Classic has them for 230
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-29-19-05-15.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-29-19-05-15.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>29783486
>>
Bought a NiB BCG for an AR like nearly a year ago and haven't gotten any e-mails.
>>
>>29783741
How's the BCG? I'm considering it
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 600x800
>>29783476
>>
>>29783837
Haven't had the chance to break in the gun, but the BCG feels good in the hand. Wait for one of the upcoming holiday sales, since the price might go down to $90 w/ free shipping (what I paid for it).
>>
>>29783842
fug. My CHL was on file with AIM
>>
>>29783842
Good thing I never uploaded anything to their site. Did just buy a Tok from them earlier in the week when I had my ptr transferred in.

>>29783538
Grade 2 vrs grade 1 so slightly more beat up. Kinda like my milsurp to have that look anyway. Their grade one P64's are still $250. Either way they are a nice little gun that a lot of people CC just like Maks.
>>
Bought ammo from them twice recently. However the drivers license I have on file with them is from four years and five addresses ago so I'm not too worried about a DL from another state
>>
>>29784746
Not to be a kike about it but unless there's a decent chance of being getting something out of it in resale value I probably won't do it. I love been trying to consolidate on calibers and I sold my Tok because it just wasn't worth the effort to order ammo for it every time I wanted to shoot
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2944x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2944x2448
I just checked my mail and got one too. They had my ID and C&R 3 FFL on file. Motherfuckers.
>>
File: 1452023021030.jpg (43 KB, 526x296) Image search: [Google]
1452023021030.jpg
43 KB, 526x296
>>29785008

Same. I guess someone can have a lot of SKSes in our names shipped to themselves anonymously if they just steal some credit cards after this. Pretty good hack, can probably make a lot of money on silkroad. Meanwhile, we get arrested.
>>
>>29783079
>AIM SURPLUS SUCKS SO MUCH
>Sony gets hacked

Yes, because its so easy to keep out a dedicated hacker
>>
>>29783842
so literally the only thing you have to worry about is your ID if you bought a gun from them

K
Going back to not giving a fuck
>>
This isnt common. Most gun websites blow when it comes to data security. A year ago I found all of samco global stored FFLs uploaded in a public web directory. Rather than fixing it they just fixed the directory traversal I used to list things out.
>>29785171
Extremely doubtful these will be used in a bad way
>>
One came for my grandfather, however he has passed away a year ago so doesn't affect him much.
>>
File: image.gif (109 KB, 205x260) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
109 KB, 205x260
I bought some ammo from AIM about a year ago, but that was the last thing I purchased from there. I haven't gotten a letter yet, but the only thing they might have had on file from me was my drivers license. I think it was my expired drivers license too.
>>
>>29783842
So this doesn't affect me but might affect the FFL I used to get my FN High Power transferred?

Since I don't have a FFL, C&R, or any sort of state issued card needed for purchase. Because I live in a free state.
>>
Got my letter today too, last thing i bought from them was ammo over a year ago, but they still had my DL and FOID on file.
>>
It's not really possible for anyone to use 03 FFLs, since everything needs to be sent to the address, and FFLs can call in (they can't use the online system) to check the validity of the license.

This is at least better than Classic, in which 03 info is searchable in their FFL database. Well, it doesn't show the actually license itself, but it shows the address and the name.

Other stuff being accessed sucks though. At least they are owning up and contacting people and giving them ways to monitor their credit. other places took a while to own up to their mistakes and offer any solution.
>>
This is exactly why I fucking hate AIM surplus, duschebags couldn't take your word that you are 21+ for handgun ammo.
>>
>>29786068
It took them almost the full 30 days they are permitted under the law to notify.

My ffl is expired. Buy i know i had a dl on there.

Lucky for me it was with the wrong address and it is now expired too.

But here is a question... Why hack a firearms company? And Aim above all others?

Drivers licenses
Addresses of gun owners
>>
>>29786373
They can do very malicious things with that info, they know we own guns and where we live. They also know we are cheapskates.
>>
I got my letter yesterday, but ive gotten a new drivers license since ive ordered anything from them, but its not like New York can or will track any "pre ban" glock mags or unregistered lowers that I bought from them years ago and have since sold in a legal face to face transaction in which I did not ask for check, receipt ,name, ID,and met in a wal mart parking lot before The Happening.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.