[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hidden Blade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: latest-1.jpg (173 KB, 948x1111) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
173 KB, 948x1111
Ok so I've recently been playing through the assassins creed series again and it's gotten me thinking about the hidden blade concept.

How would something like that work and would it be plausible to build it into something small enough to strap to your wrist.

How would it fair as a weapon, it would need to be built of something tough but lightweight.

And yes, I know strapping that fucked to your wrist is not particularly hidden.
>>
>>29782772
Colin furze did it on youtube.
>>
>>29782772
Forward firing switchblade+Velcro
Your problem is that it's retarded and wouldn't be effective
>>
>>29782772
Okay...deployment issues aside since they're solved by a bit of dedicated brainpower, how do you put it away without stabbing yourself? And when, if at all, since the renaissance have vambrances been fashionable enough that they don't scream "otaku/metalhead/wierdy/possible assassin" depending on the rest of your outfit. The point being that just wearing it draws attention.
>>
>>29782796
So did Man-at-Arms
>>
>>29782772
Skallagrim has a video about how dumb and impractical it is IRL, I'd look that up
>>
>>29782772
At various points in history mercenaries and assassins would carry regular ass daggers up their sleeves. The spring loaded thing is pretty damn impractical.

A regular dagger is more easily handled into all the squishy spots on the human body than something attached to your forearm.
>>
File: 4236_0_5-negishin-shuriken.jpg (5 KB, 217x218) Image search: [Google]
4236_0_5-negishin-shuriken.jpg
5 KB, 217x218
Having a contraption is pointless. Just hide the blade in your hand or on your body. Shoving a hidden metal spike or knife into a person simple and it works. A known martial art for this is Shurikenjutsu.

Shurikenjutsu literally translate to Hidden Blade Arts. Most people assumes that it is all about being a mall ninja with throwing throwing stars. The majority of the art involves hiding a blade and stabbing your target with it. Good luck finding legitimate info with hollywoodifycation drowning out authentic martial arts though.
>>
This is retarded in so many ways it's not even funny. Just carry a regular-ass knife, and carry it up your sleeve if you absolutely must.

Beside the obvious risk of stabbing yourself in the dick when peeing, there is no way to make it inconspicuous enough.

Once used a normal knife is easily disposable, contrary to that thing.

And actual fighting is easier with a knife held in your hand.
>>
>>29782772
>playing that politically corrected to hell shit series from the shit side of Ubisoft.

Fucking hell just go pay a liberal group the same percent you waisted your money on that crap why don't you?
>>
>>29782961
Wait what makes it a politically correct game?

What makes it a liberal game?
>>
>>29782961
>wasted

Fuck my phone
>>
File: Assassinblade.jpg (286 KB, 900x1391) Image search: [Google]
Assassinblade.jpg
286 KB, 900x1391
>>29782772
I actually have some instructions from a /diy/ thread where someone wanted to make an assassin blade. Would it fair well as a weapon? I highly doubt it since the only real use for it would be to quick shank a motherfucker and either run or pull out something sturdier while they're distracted.
>>
File: 1461953799896.gif (1 MB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1461953799896.gif
1 MB, 260x187
>>29782772

What if you need to use your hands to open a door on the way to the target?
>>
>>29783078
I should mention that the thread got deleted pretty damned quickly since it was against the rules, so if there are other, better designs from the thread then I apologize for not having them.
>>
Worthless, both for it's intended purpose and for self defense.

1. It has no plausible deniability. Think about what you would say if cops stopped you and found this on you. How would you explain it? How would you explain a pocket knife, or a kitchen knife in a bag of groceries? This is obviously a nefarious weapon.

2. You have no reach with it and very little actual control of it. With an actual knife, you can thrust and slash and adjust how you grip it. With this, it's stuck in one awkward place that requires you to make palm strikes and doesn't allow you to stab upwards or downwards easily.

3. You will eventually accidentally cut your fingers with this. I don't care how much you practice, that shit is gonna happen eventually.

Basically, this is shit in every way.
>>
File: 1461720738184.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1461720738184.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>29783098
>>
>>29782772
in many states it would count as a "criminal/dangerous weapon" since it has no utility and is designed to covertly attack rather than defend.

it also violates concealed weapons laws too, since it has no utility as a tool and is designed to be hidden until you attack.

its also really fucking gay, assassins creed has a shit story. Ancient Aliens+ SJW historical revisionism= utter fucking faggotry
>>
>>29782772
I stopped playing the first one after I knocked the female Templar to the ground and spiked her to death only to have him let her go

After murdering dozens of random Templars all of a sudden he let one of the highest ranked people go to continue spreading evil? Fuck that shit
>>
>>29783246
but muh honorable hardman and muh stronk female just doing her in le manz world!
>>
OH not this fucking autistic bullshit again.

Lick My Ass's Creed is the biggest fedora-tipper's wet dream since An Inconvenient Truth.

>Apple Products everywhere
>Religion is dumm m'kay guise?
>Leonardo Da Vinci was a cute gay twink who discovered flight
>Founding Fathers were raciss sexiss old pigs m'kay guise?
>Muh Indians dindu nuffin
>Humans are dumm
>The one white protagonist isn't actually white guise, he's actually Welsh which suddenly aren't white
>Muh diversity
>An 80 pound manlet Asian can do certain things in parkour which means a 175lb 6' guy weighed down with a sword, armor, numerous traps and grenades and an assload of knives and powder/shot can totally do the same thing
>>
File: RC Vibroblade.jpg (63 KB, 736x538) Image search: [Google]
RC Vibroblade.jpg
63 KB, 736x538
The only thing even remotely similar to this concept I've ever liked was from Republic Commando. At least with it you have a semi useful push knife.
>>
>>29782921
Interesting. I'll lurk around /asp/ should a blade thread emerge there. Someone might have already done the digging. Thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>29782815
Well if there was a pressure switch mounted on the top which controlled the mechanism it could be used by s playing your hand open as seen in the game. As for the rest of you cunts I'm not planning on wearing it, I enjoy collecting strange and quirky weapons and I think it would be cool.
>>
>>29782961
Also I'm not here to talk about the game you cunt, if I wanted to talk about the game I would have went to /v/ I'm here to talk about the mechanics of making a spring loaded retractable blade that can be mounted on the wrist.
>>
>>29783653
/v/ is full of liberals and sjw faggots that hates anything that promote gun culture and other fun shit
>>
>>29782921
Neato. You got any links for legit hidden blade stuff?
>>
>>29783653
Autistic and sensitive, never saw that before
>>
>>29783675
How is that possible? Video games basically glorify guns and violence
>>
>>29783675
Hence the reason I came here to talk about weapons
>>
>>29783723
Then you obviously missed out on the crossout thread over on /v/ then
>>
>>29782796
>>29782816

well it's not exactly rocket science. The basic principle is the same as any OTF switchblade.
>>
>>29783792
But does that retract with the touch of a button?
>>
>>29783825
Some people are too stupid to waste time on
>>
>>29783869
Well I've see some that you slide forward and then slide back but none that spring out then spring back.
>>
>>29782772
>>29782772
Fucking retarded, its easyer to just bring a knife and kill the guy and trow it away, that retarded gay blade thing will only get you covered in more blood than the knife.
>>
>>29784206
Yeah it's impractical as fuck, he's just autistic and wants to look kewl
>>
>>29782921
>>29783619
>>29783680
Not so much of the hiding and stabbing portion, but here are some how to videos on throwing spikes.
http://knives-n-swords.wonderhowto.com/how-to/throw-shurikens-114879/

I recognize the image here >>29782921, but sadly the website that I found with a collection of that stuff on has been gone for years now.
>>
>>29782984
trans character in an out of place era, that beginning motto about the dev team being diverse with its genders and sexual orientation, the fact that the lore at this point is liberal fan fiction (george bush was a templar spy, al gore was an assassin, shit like that)
>>
>>29785305
Wow, that's gay as aids, I'm glad I stopped at the first
>>
>>29785324
yea, im pretty sure the devs for the first two games or so were different than the current ones. i stopped playing after AC3
>>
>>29785437
Someone needs to do a timeline of the assassin creed series from how different each game became and how it started to become politically corrected and liberalized
>>
>>29783166
>How would you explain it?

I don't have to, this is America.
>>
>>29782984
I liked the part where I ran into an African that was telling my white character how evil my white character was for enslaving his race.

I was like... Bro... Assassin's creed... Africans enslaved Africans. Whites just bought the merchandise.
>>
>>29785437
>>29785324
>>29785305
I'm mad they got me to buy one of their games after AC3.
>>
>>29783616
Yeah If you were overtly armored enough that you didn't give a shit a big ass retractable knoife like that would be sick.
>>
File: 1461864576430.gif (4 MB, 158x223) Image search: [Google]
1461864576430.gif
4 MB, 158x223
>>29783227
>SJW
>>
>>29783616
Plus you're not going to cut your fucking fingers off every time you deploy it. Assassin's creed is low test fedora meme shit.
>>
Someone point me out in which chapter of the assassin creed series was the most politically corrected shit you ever come across
>>
File: f15.jpg (233 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
f15.jpg
233 KB, 1280x720
>>29788126
I wouldn't know. I loved 1,2,Brohood, and Revs.
III was starting to irritate me, I've bought 4, but havn't touched it. I even got the one with the black chick but had to put it down.

Revelations and previous was great. Anita Sarkasan/10 for the rest.
>>
>>29787572
In the first game, a finger was removed to make room for the blade. It was supposed to symbolise the commitment they made, so you couldn't just join the order then back out. Then in the second, Da Vinci hand-waved that away, making it totally implausible and cheapening the significance of wearing it.
>>
Travis Bickles pistol rig is far cooler and far better.
>>
>>29782772
Microtech makes knives that pop out and pop back in at a push of a button
So it's not outside the realm of possibility
>>
>>29788870

Too bad the S&W Model 61 is a jam-o-matic
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.