[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /k/. I just turned 21 which means I'm legally allowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: dew-trap1.png (166 KB, 450x271) Image search: [Google]
dew-trap1.png
166 KB, 450x271
Hello, /k/. I just turned 21 which means I'm legally allowed to purchase a handgun in the state of Arizona. I was gifted a 1911 at 18 and have kept it around for home defense since, and have only had to use once. I live in a relatively safe area so I'm only looking for something that would need to be used as a one-off. The 1911 is okay, but it just doesn't carry the sheer power that I want to feel when I discharge it.
I won't pretend to know fuckall about guns, so I come to you, a haven of sociopaths and enthusiasts, to ask what you would recommend me. I'm open to any and all suggestions, but I do have a few preferences:

I would like a revolver.
I would like some heavy firepower, but not enough to break my wrist if I were in a situation where I would have to fire it without bracing
I am not a fan of Ruger.

Well, /k/, convince me of my first firearm purchase.

Pic unrelated, but survival themed
>>
Lol Fuck revolvers get a 20mm for home defense
>>
>>29780227
This is unhelpful
>>
>>29780180
well, the problem is, if you go high caliber and heavy stopping power, comfort becomes a big issue.
also, with those large caliber wheelguns (44mag, 500mag, etc) things get real pricy real fast.
so how much are you willing to spend and how much are you willing to sacrifice comfort for firepower or vice versa?
>>
>>29780180
Get a glock 29. It's 10mm so it'll give you that power you want and it's small enough you could carry it if you ever wanted to. If you get a revolver in a man caliber it will be too large to carry for most.
>>
>>29780180
>heavy firepower
>wrist breaking

Son i am disappoint. Get that elmer logic out of your head immediately
>>
>only had to use a gun once over three years
Jesus, what happened? A lot of people carry daily for decades and never have to use a firearm for defense.
>>
>>29780265
Financially I am more stable than somebody of my age should be. I can spend anywhere between 2500 and 8500.
Comfort is relative. I would rather have firepower.
>>
>>29780316
My fiancée's tweaker ex-boyfriend was released from the local prison, found out where she lived, broke in and tried to kill both of us and our dog. He got the dog, but we both made it out unscathed. Two rounds to the shins and a baseball bat to the skull later and he left on a stretcher.
>>
>>29780325
if you want something nice and tough while still being in your budget, way on the low end too, a S&W Model 29 in either .44 magnum or .45LC would be pretty good for you.
the model 29 is da/sa, and with the custom shit S&W can do, you could probably get a nice trigger on it as well.
overall though, go out and try some.
pick them up, handle them, because what you like matters more than whatever bullshit we spout
>>
>>29780180
.357 is nothing to slouch at. And it's the most common revolver chambering. After that it's whatever makes your donger hard.

>my two cents
>>
>>29780373
I'm very much enjoying the look of the Model 29, .44. How does it feel to hold? Heavy, I assume, and it probably has a decent kick to it too, yeah?
>>
>>29780401
Look at the s&w 629 also
>>
>>29780180
Get a long gun for home defense. The biggest advantage of a handgun is the compact size, and most of those advantages aren't applicable to home defense.
>>
Believe me, .45 is plenty. I like .357 mag, but if you're not getting enough stopping power out of .45 then you're hunting sea monsters.
>>
>>29780180

Choose something that will not blow your eardrums out if you use it without protection. And you probably should differenciate between home defence and the power you want to feel. Sounds to me like you are looking for two weapons. Why not get a pistol of some description with 15ish rounds in any caliber over .22 for defence and a revolver you like to shoot for fun?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.